Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #37661

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Very happy for my two favorite Marines on this event. Congratulations.
Me too!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2015, 07:44 PM   #37662

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I know that! I was just giving you a hard time. someone said it is "hot" so I took that to mean stolen instead of fast.

Once again, I am in awe of your skills. Will there be any 2 parts left together when you finish stripping it? I always end up with a few extra screws or bolts when I disassemble something and put it back together.

I can't wait to see the finished car. What color?
I have to plead GUILTY, I should have dated myself & said "CHERRY" (favorite adjective when I was in High School. Or maybe more current, but may get bleeped -- B1TC#1N !!!! I too would like to see the finished ride...

Sometime, I will post my old ride... I've passed it to the next generation & it is still looking great..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:45 PM   #37663

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
I know I was messing back.
No 2 parts will be together when I'm done.
Not sure i think he is going stock dark blue.

love the color very nice diane. Now you need to let me mod it. So you can really use it.

Nice copy of Captain America
Not a copy according to the museum.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:46 PM   #37664

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Steve, that last photo made me think of one of my favorite movies: World's Fastest Indian. I bet you've seen it.
Yes. Yes I did!!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:50 PM   #37665

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Kate and I are in Ruidoso packing up the contents (except furniture) at our beloved home in the mountains. Time to turn it into an income property to help fund our FT RV life ... Which is just around the corner!

So many wonderful memories here of time we shared with family and friends. We will miss it, but as Kate said, "Time to start a new chapter in our lives." We will always treasure the memories.

Now, time to make memories on the Rainbow trail! We are getting closer. We talked today about getting started sooner than originally planned. But all will depend on these darn knees of mine. If insurance will authorize BOTH to be replaced at the same time soon, I can have it done, recover and rehab, and get on the road in late February or early March.

Have to admit, that surgery kinda scares me! But Barb did it, so I can, too. She's my role model.
Yes you can! We are a holding a place for you two on the outer raimbow.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:53 PM   #37666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
It is at home.... Sweet drive.... I likeit....

Attachment 94940

Attachment 94941

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
CONGRATULATIONS !! It looks great !!

I THINK I like it, BUT I will need the keys for a couple hours to be sure. lol

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:57 PM   #37667

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Kate and I are in Ruidoso packing up the contents (except furniture) at our beloved home in the mountains. Time to turn it into an income property to help fund our FT RV life ... Which is just around the corner!

So many wonderful memories here of time we shared with family and friends. We will miss it, but as Kate said, "Time to start a new chapter in our lives." We will always treasure the memories.

Now, time to make memories on the Rainbow trail! We are getting closer. We talked today about getting started sooner than originally planned. But all will depend on these darn knees of mine. If insurance will authorize BOTH to be replaced at the same time soon, I can have it done, recover and rehab, and get on the road in late February or early March.

Have to admit, that surgery kinda scares me! But Barb did it, so I can, too. She's my role model.
My sister did both at same time...you have to find the right Dr. To do it....most won't...
Old 05-22-2015, 09:12 PM   #37668

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
CONGRATULATIONS !! It looks great !!

I THINK I like it, BUT I will need the keys for a couple hours to be sure. lol

That is what I told Ed at Catherines Landing..... It didnt work on him either....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:16 PM   #37669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post

love the color very nice diane. Now you need to let me mod it. So you can really use it.

It will get kayak carrier mounts and base plate to tow.....
Truthfully i am more into how it drives rather than looks....
But it is purty........ Surprised how much smoother it rides than the 2 door...

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:25 PM   #37670

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've found that memories only get sweeter with time. AND, you'll be forging new memories in a new and exciting way. There are so many hidden gems in this country just waiting to be explored.

My PT after surgery said the best rehab is just living your life as active as you can. Climbing the steps up into Bow is great! Going back down is even better. Just remember to hold on. AND, try not to start with your dominant foot. I'm left footed and my right was slower to recover because I didn't figure that out soon enough. Just keep the rainbow as your goal and it will happen.

Quote:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:35 PM   #37671

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
My sister did both at same time...you have to find the right Dr. To do it....most won't...
And you need to express confidence that you can handle both. Your young age and being a woman helps. My surgeon said he'd only do bilaterals on women, men aren't tough enough. OK guys, don't shoot the messenger.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-22-2015, 09:43 PM   #37672

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Di, I love your new toad! It should look great behind your Moho!

Deb, the best part about Cottonwood snow is that it blows off clean and doesn't make mud! Allergy shots for 2 years cured my tree allergies.

And boy do I have some tales to tell about my journey today. I post them on our group email list. If you aren't a member send me your email address and RVM number in a PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-22-2015, 09:48 PM   #37673
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My doctor used to to bilateral replacements but the insurance companies made them stop in this area. He said it was because there was to much risk of infection. Who knows. It has been said that if you get one done and the other one needs it you will not have it done. I'm a proponent of that saying. Only reason I have not gotten the other one done is because of the PT down time.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:50 PM   #37674

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Barb,
You parked for the night?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote