Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2015, 12:13 PM   #39075

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
While in John Day, Oregon this last weekend, my DH took a pic of this western looking dude and for some reason, he reminds me of someone on this thread. Now, remember, I've only met one of you guys in real life, so am I mistaken or does this remind you of someone too? Just a thought!

I think this guy is ready for Bryce. What do you think?
Well it doesn't look like Barb or Sena to me. And Lilly is much smaller. So maybe it's his roundness... or me... lol.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2015, 12:26 PM   #39076

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
While in John Day, Oregon this last weekend, my DH took a pic of this western looking dude and for some reason, he reminds me of someone on this thread. Now, remember, I've only met one of you guys in real life, so am I mistaken or does this remind you of someone too? Just a thought!

Wayne! They've put out an action figure of you! How cute! I hope your royalty checks will be enough to cover Citrus's rehab bills.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:37 PM   #39077

Quote:

Deb, I resemble that remark. More than one of us could be the product model for that statue. Large size usually equals extra cost and that is why I am begging out of the "Bryce dude dress-up like a cowboy night". I know that Goodwill Stores do exist but have you seen anyd size 58 or 4x cowboy chaps, holsters, shirts, or vests? I looked on line and the cost of one night's dress up is mortifying.

I could dress up as Bernie as in "Weekend at Bernie's". I could just sit there motionless and appear mortified at my surroundings. Some of my fellow mutants would appear "mortifying" in chaps and vests. LOL

As for trail rides in Bryce, the trail horse union has certain by-laws that prohibit my participation. Their health insurance will not cover such a level of risk. And that's all I have to say about that.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:47 PM   #39078

Barb, thanx for the message to Mary Ann's e-mail. Our appearance in Seattle will be about 4 days after we depart from Bryce Canyon. Our original plans were to follow the leaders to McCall, but will be unable to make that happen.

Thanx for the info on the anti-tipper. Let me know when you've stripped Smarty of her contents. Shouldn't take more than 2 - 3 weeks? Dwayne's rebuild of the 67 Firebird may be easier to complete. LOL It's the stowing compartment for all things that Sena should not touch/destroy. I wish you luck in your quest. Maybe you'll find a few forgotten 50's or 100's.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:50 PM   #39079

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Deb, I resemble that remark. More than one of us could be the product model for that statue. Large size usually equals extra cost and that is why I am begging out of the "Bryce dude dress-up like a cowboy night". I know that Goodwill Stores do exist but have you seen anyd size 58 or 4x cowboy chaps, holsters, shirts, or vests? I looked on line and the cost of one night's dress up is mortifying.

I could dress up as Bernie as in "Weekend at Bernie's". I could just sit there motionless and appear mortified at my surroundings. Some of my fellow mutants would appear "mortifying" in chaps and vests. LOL

As for trail rides in Bryce, the trail horse union has certain by-laws that prohibit my participation. Their health insurance will not cover such a level of risk. And that's all I have to say about that.
Sorry. My post was not intended to hurt anyone. I think the guy is adorable and just wanted to share. BTW, I've lived in the west my whole life minus one school year in MO. The two of us will probably come as we are with a cowboy hat. You won't be alone in not dressing the part.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:00 PM   #39080
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Sorry. My post was not intended to hurt anyone. I think the guy is adorable and just wanted to share. BTW, I've lived in the west my whole life minus one school year in MO. The two of us will probably come as we are with a cowboy hat. You won't be alone in not dressing the part.
Ditto that. We haven't decided whether we will go to Bryce, but the most "cowboy" dressing we will do is Dallas Cowboy's t-shirts.

Maybe I could glue some fringe onto my kimono and wear an Indian headband with a feather.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:10 PM   #39081

Quote:
Deb, when you meet me in Bryce you will learn that I have an unusual sense of humor. I was trying to make a funny. Half of our humor here on "R U a Mutant Too" is totally tongue-in-cheek and/or self-engrandizing. Believing that you offended a fellow mutant based on what their response is to a post just shows how new you are to mutantdom. We have skin as thick as a battleship's hull and write things on this thread expecting to be teased, taunted, and belittled (in a good way). You'll learn that the banter is taken as banter (unless you say something negative about my charming personality).
Old 06-15-2015, 01:12 PM   #39082

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Ditto that. We haven't decided whether we will go to Bryce, but the most "cowboy" dressing we will do is Dallas Cowboy's t-shirts.

Maybe I could glue some fringe onto my kimono and wear an Indian headband with a feather.

Picture, picture, I wanna picture!
Old 06-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #39083
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I think I'm losing it or maybe lost it, and hope it's not dejavue. Had a nightmare - can't call it a dream... that my sewer hose came off the coach end while dumping. Geesh. I'm sure it's worse in real time, but it was pretty bad as it was...
When we had a 5th wheel the sewer connection was just under the slideout. I was setting up and as scheduled Earlene put the slides out then came outside. My back was hurting and I asked if she would attach the sewer hose for me. She asked, "I'm not going to get anything on me, am I?" and of course I knew that there was nothing to worry about, just take the cap off the sewer connection and attach the sewer hose. She took the cap off. Darn, I had forgotten to close the "GRAY" water valve. Swoosh! She will not even get close to a sewer connection now.

She does clean the roof though.

Quote:

Now I take offense at you talking about Steve or Steve regarding their size. I can't believe you would stoop that low to post a resemblance of either of them.

Quote:
Deb, I resemble that remark. [...]
See!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:15 PM   #39084
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Around 2 p.m. today we took this picture at the first boat launch and piers on the Texas City Dike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1089.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	97342  
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:08 PM   #39085

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Deb, when you meet me in Bryce you will learn that I have an unusual sense of humor. I was trying to make a funny. Half of our humor here on "R U a Mutant Too" is totally tongue-in-cheek and/or self-engrandizing. Believing that you offended a fellow mutant based on what their response is to a post just shows how new you are to mutantdom. We have skin as thick as a battleship's hull and write things on this thread expecting to be teased, taunted, and belittled (in a good way). You'll learn that the banter is taken as banter (unless you say something negative about my charming personality).

Is this a new DIET fad.... How to get BELITTLED...... wish i could just wish the extra lbs away......
Deb.... I am sure no one took offense. He was kinda cute... Does he bobble?
Could have been a weeble, ifn he didnt have feet.... That is me.. I tend to weeble...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:33 PM   #39086

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Around 2 p.m. today we took this picture at the first boat launch and piers on the Texas City Dike.
Neat, looks pretty easy to launch a boat with the water table so high up like that
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:11 PM   #39087

Fleetwood Owners Club
Cowboy Slim checking in. Don't understand the concept of a "Cowboy Outfit". Don't everyone have boots, bandanas, tight jeans and plaid shirts? Well partner, that's how Slim Tim saddles up every day, except when in flip flops!

Be looking forward to staring that hethern Bad Dave straight in the eye before I wet him down. Bad Dave, you've been called out, High Noon!
Old 06-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #39088

Fleetwood Owners Club
Early yet to be planning much but working on a Dutch Oven Chilling Pie for one of the Bryce Canyons pot lucks. It'll only serve 7 or 8 so we'll need others to add on. Or we can eat out each night, matters not to me!