Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2015, 11:13 PM   #39411

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Peach View Post
Well I guess I must be an RV Mutant. I bought only what I could afford so there would be no payment. For my budget that meant getting an 18-year-old Class C that had leak problems up front, but otherwise was in great shape. Luckily the one owner had parked it in his drive and used it as his man cave so it was not left to languish unused in a storage facility but it was right outside so he could fire it up and work on it.

I've put about 10K miles on it just the way it was, using it without the benefit of checking out all systems. I still have not used the shower or the gas stove. The first time I took it out I ran all the propane out of the furnace and then plugged in a little ceramic heater. Had never tested the water lines so I just carried gallon water from home for flushing and bottled water for cooking. For a bath I used hot water (thank you, Cracker Barrel) in a 2-gallon spigoted Igloo poured as needed into a tub. Use your imagination. That's the way they did it in the good old days and I felt clean and refreshed, so that's what matters.

I've never had a single engine, transmission, or chassis problem and she has gotten me everywhere I've needed to go. Even made a few 3-point turns when taking the wrong road without any issues.

Right now she is at a friend's barn having the front cab-over leak issue addressed by a very experienced woodworker. He is also going to check the gas lines, plumbing, and service the generator, and when that's done I'll be going up there to get her. I'll get a full tutorial on how to use the systems for the first time. I love my little Class C 24-footer already, and it will be awesome to have use of all the other systems.

I traveled 10K worry-free miles without the use of all the "bells and whistles" of an almost 20-year-old motorhome and I am sure there are plenty of people who would find this rather primitive. But it works fine for me.

Tellya what: you sound pretty mutated to me! However, there are some hoops to leap through and more confessions to make in order to gain the coveted next mutant number. Someone officiou...I mean, official will undoubtedly show up in the morning to attend to such details.

In the meantime, if you go waa-aa-aay back to the first few posts in this thread, you'll be ready to take the test when the time comes. Be prepared, says I. You'll need all your wits about you!

Meantime, it's good to see a Georgia peach turn up. We need us one a them!

Cheers!
Sue aka #36

PS: Some of us remember "primitive". Some fondly, others maybe not so much. 😱
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2015, 04:38 AM   #39412

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Tellya what: you sound pretty mutated to me! However, there are some hoops to leap through and more confessions to make in order to gain the coveted next mutant number. Someone officiou...I mean, official will undoubtedly show up in the morning to attend to such details.

In the meantime, if you go waa-aa-aay back to the first few posts in this thread, you'll be ready to take the test when the time comes. Be prepared, says I. You'll need all your wits about you!

Meantime, it's good to see a Georgia peach turn up. We need us one a them!

Cheers!
Sue aka #36

PS: Some of us remember "primitive". Some fondly, others maybe not so much. 😱
If we don't get blown off the map by wind... and rain... and thunder and lightening...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1434969519733.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	98032  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:57 AM   #39413

Did you get your friendly golf ball hail too?
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:17 AM   #39414

Quote:
Well I guess I must be an RV Mutant.

That's the way they did it in the good old days and I felt clean and refreshed, so that's what matters.

I traveled 10K worry-free miles without the use of all the "bells and whistles" of an almost 20-year-old motorhome and I am sure there are plenty of people who would find this rather primitive. But it works fine for me.

Then this is the right crowd to hang with. The older and wiser of us know the meaning of a basic primitive lifestyle. We grew up that way. Wow, the campfire stories we could tell ... !!

Soon, the primitive elders of the group will show up to welcome you aboard and nudge you a bit to take a test and pledge of mutantness. I don't get into all the high-level admin stuff, because it might cramp my leisure lifestyle. It's all I can handle to sign autographs for my admirers.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:09 AM   #39415

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
...It's all I can handle to sign autographs for my admirers.
A "no load" job at its best. LOL
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:10 AM   #39416

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
If we don't get blown off the map by wind... and rain... and thunder and lightening...
Are you in wolf country? And I'll huff, and I'll puff...
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:23 AM   #39417

Vintage RV Owners Club
GA_Peach.... it's gonna be fun to get to know ya.... You pretty much have told us what your unit doesn't have that you don't miss.... now what about that other requirement we sticklers wanna hear from all newbies.... has something to do with journey's and destinations.... go read the first post or 2... you'll get it....
and if you are bored with waiting on your little peach of a unit to get repaired.... you can just start reading the thread from the start and you'll find out a whole lot more about us than you ever wanted to know! Also, before you know it... your little peach will be ready to roll again and it will have been time well spent!
Old 06-22-2015, 08:25 AM   #39418

Vintage RV Owners Club
Some Grand Poohbah unicorn with sparkling green toenails and nice looking feet, and his missus, has an anniversary today I believe? ( that is if FB is telling the truth and it's not just an old post resurfaced...)
Old 06-22-2015, 08:28 AM   #39419

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Did you get your friendly golf ball hail too?
Mother nature spared us the hail. But the wind was howling and the rain was falling hard and trees got a trimming.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1434983282779.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	98042  
Old 06-22-2015, 08:43 AM   #39420

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Well I guess I must be an RV Mutant. I bought only what I could afford so there would be no payment. For my budget that meant getting an 18-year-old Class C that had leak problems up front, but otherwise was in great shape. Luckily the one owner had parked it in his drive and used it as his man cave so it was not left to languish unused in a storage facility but it was right outside so he could fire it up and work on it.

I've put about 10K miles on it just the way it was, using it without the benefit of checking out all systems. I still have not used the shower or the gas stove. The first time I took it out I ran all the propane out of the furnace and then plugged in a little ceramic heater. Had never tested the water lines so I just carried gallon water from home for flushing and bottled water for cooking. For a bath I used hot water (thank you, Cracker Barrel) in a 2-gallon spigoted Igloo poured as needed into a tub. Use your imagination. That's the way they did it in the good old days and I felt clean and refreshed, so that's what matters.

I've never had a single engine, transmission, or chassis problem and she has gotten me everywhere I've needed to go. Even made a few 3-point turns when taking the wrong road without any issues.

Right now she is at a friend's barn having the front cab-over leak issue addressed by a very experienced woodworker. He is also going to check the gas lines, plumbing, and service the generator, and when that's done I'll be going up there to get her. I'll get a full tutorial on how to use the systems for the first time. I love my little Class C 24-footer already, and it will be awesome to have use of all the other systems.

Good Morning GA Peach. As Marty and others have mentioned, there are rigorous requirements for joining in the RVMdom and becoming a full fledged Rainbow Riding Mutant.

You have hinted at what your RV doesn't have and you don't miss. Perhaps a little clarification on what's not there nor missed - and of course the declaration that the Journey is the Destination is order. That will boost your post count and open the door to the RVMdom, and allow you to forever be know as RVM116.

It's that easy - so let's hear it and polish off the administration duties and get on to learning all about you and your mutation plans!

RVM2
Steve and Annie
Old 06-22-2015, 09:13 AM   #39421

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
A "no load" job at its best. LOL
I kinda thought of it as a huge load job! Do you know of any farmers in need of nutritional field dressing?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:16 AM   #39422

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Happy 47th Anniversary to the Grand Poobah and his lovely bride Nola.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:25 AM   #39423

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Happy 47th Anniversary to the Grand Poobah and his lovely bride Nola.

I thank you, Annie, and all of the other RVMs!
I learned 2 rules back then:
1. Marry a Princess
2. The rest just happens
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:32 AM   #39424

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
You woukd think so, but NOT......
I have been looking for a tire cover for mine and these and similar are all over the Inet....
So the mutant thing was plain black...... Almost unheard of and harder to find....
But i did get letters, that Larry was kind enough to apply.... Lol he knows I would never measure, i just eyeball it.

Attachment 97983
And a close up of the neat letters
Attachment 97984

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Those are some jazzy letters Di... I think they should see Bryce Canyon... tick tock. Get that battery changed!!