Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #4579

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrv View Post
Thank you, this truly is a day to be a proud RV Mutant! RVM52 will make plans to be in AR this spring.
Welcome to you Ray and Debbie RVM 52,

Congratulations and hip hip Hoooray !!!! and a Hazah or two thrown in to boot, funny you should mention ice makers, I have one in the freezer just taking up space it needs to be extracted like a bad tooth, its not working and I'm not missing it, so therefore it needs to come out, geeeesshhhhh now that I think about it I had a molar like that once as well, needless to say I dont have it anymore.

But once again Welcome, I hope you can make the Grande Curiosity and we will get a chance to meet face to face.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #4580

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
Good Afternoon:

It seams like if we didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all, but the good Lord is watching over us.

Back in June we lost our genny, just west of San Antonio, on the way to Los Angles. $4400.00 and two weeks later we had a "new" used genny and no money so we had a change of plans but we had a ball as the journey was our destination, we really regretted not getting to meet Okmonkey but Seattle was entirely out of the question now as funds became sevearly (sp) limited. It took us four weeks to come home, after all it was 1675 miles and we had lots to see and do. One day was really taxing as I had to drive 115 miles. Our son, who called us every night, kept telling us we were never going to get home and our answer was SO?

Aug 3, Stephanie stepped off a curb, fell, and hit her head on the sidewalk. Two brain surgeries later we were in a ICU, then long range acute care, skilled nursing facility, and we came home yesterday. The home health care people will be here tomorrow to do an evaluation as to what we can expect. We're not walking right now but we've had that problem before and overcame it.

We're already talking about our next trip - possibly Oktoberfest in Galveston on Oct 24-26. If she can get up and down the five steps to the MH I can do the rest with the wheelchair. If all goes well, we're going to go to Wurstfest in New Braunfells Tx. the first week of Nov. We haven't missed one in eleven years. We don't drink and she can't dance but we sure like the music.

Hot Springs sounds like a good idea - we're going to try and be there.
Hi Teffy,

Pleased to meet you, the wife and I are sorry to read about your misfortunes but hopefully soon everything will be fully mended and you will be back to 100% we will make sure you are kept on the watch over list and sprinkle an extra few rainbow colors your way. And hopefully if all goes well you can join us in Arkansas too.

Take Care and,

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #4581
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Teffy and Teffy's DW,

We live 14 miles from Galveston so when you get to the area make sure to PM me or email me. Maybe we can get together for a lunch one day.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #4582

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Welcome to you Ray and Debbie RVM 52,

Congratulations and hip hip Hoooray !!!! and a Hazah or two thrown in to boot, funny you should mention ice makers, I have one in the freezer just taking up space it needs to be extracted like a bad tooth, its not working and I'm not missing it, so therefore it needs to come out, geeeesshhhhh now that I think about it I had a molar like that once as well, needless to say I dont have it anymore.

But once again Welcome, I hope you can make the Grande Curiosity and we will get a chance to meet face to face.

Cheers !!!
j

Thanks PT Jeep, glad to be aboard! But you see it's not just an ice maker...it's a*"clear ice" maker. It makes magic with any water you put in it. Ice comes out pure and clear. If my mutant powers fail me I may show up with one at the GC in April.
RVM 52
powellrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #4583

Just checking in I'm alive and pain is a lot less. Hope everyone is good . Welcome to all new rvm's

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #4584

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Dwayne glad to hear from you and glad the pain is getting better. Stay in touch buddy!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #4585

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Marty - how ya doing doing. Last report you were looking for something just short of a jackhammer to break through near concrete strength roof material on Homey. Any luck?

Also - your the only one besides Wayne to enter anything close to a logo design. I have purchased a stock rainbow photo but haven't been able to get back into full swing since returning from our little mutation. Slowly building steam here.

Keep us in the loop on Honey - winters a coming.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #4586

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
Good Afternoon:

It seams like if we didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all, but the good Lord is watching over us....
Keep fighting the good fight. Hoping to hear your wife gets better as quickly as possible.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #4587

Fleetwood Owners Club
This looks like a good time to share some facts about Hot Springs, AR. By the way Welcome an Welcome Back to those new and recently returned Mutants.

Hot Springs has several natural springs in and around the city. Some are hot water, hence the name of the city. One claim that was very popular for many years was the healing powers of such springs. Teffy, and many others, might want to try the water, you may have to wait in line, because they come from all over to fill their jugs and bottles!
Old 10-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #4588

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

So Mutants - Annie and I were in the garage a moment ago poking around things we need to shed to go full time. And guess what? I may have mentioned before that I spent some time booking blues bands a few years ago, and just happen to have a curiosity sized box of brand spanking new Mardi Gras beads and plastic Hurricane glasses.

So I was thinking - even though our Curiosity falls after Mardi Gras - we will be letting the good times roll - so why not have a Mutated Mutant Mardi Gras Party? And I can unload my party supplies at a Mutant Tootin Grande party.

Anyone have the recipe for a big pot of Gumbo - get us some boudin sausage - blackened anything? The mind wanders. Remember - I have Mardi Gras colored rope lights!

Just a thought. Anyone game to Laissez les bons temps rouler?
RVM2
Old 10-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #4589

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Anyone have the recipe for a big pot of Gumbo - get us some boudin sausage - blackened anything? The mind wanders. Remember - I have Mardi Gras colored rope lights!...
YOU DA MAN! Got me hungry already!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #4590

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Haven't been here for a bit. Still reeling over the bill of $2000 for various repairs on the Dynasty. Many of which were a result of neglect of the previous owner. Exhaust brake, brake rollers and hoses, AC temp control, step cover actuator. Got full fluids and filters changed on engine and gennie. Did a Dyno on the Cummins and NO codes!

She's ready to roll anywhere now. Actually, for everything I got done, it was probably half of what it should have cost me.

I'm back on the rainbow again, although the pot of gold is a little lighter.
Dogpatch...I thought we were supposed to be finding the pot o gold...not carrying it about with us....geez...talk about weight issues and RV's....now I understand why so many warnings to get 4 cornets weighed and all....stick that pot o gold dead center in your rig and it ought to evenly distribute to all 4 tires....but be careful not to trip on it on your way back to the facilities......
Old 10-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #4591

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Marty - how ya doing doing. Last report you were looking for something just short of a jackhammer to break through near concrete strength roof material on Homey. Any luck?

Also - your the only one besides Wayne to enter anything close to a logo design. I have purchased a stock rainbow photo but haven't been able to get back into full swing since returning from our little mutation. Slowly building steam here.

Keep us in the loop on Honey - winters a coming.
RVM2
Dh tried to sand...but there is still something gummy up there...need to try a solvent or 2 next....
Might make him happier if I hand him a bottle of tension solvent labeled 'Mike's Hard Lemonade' for his tummy...LOL
Old 10-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #4592

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good Morning Mutants - other than tweaking Dons taste buds - am I the only one that thinks a little Mutant Mardi Gras theme party would be a good idea? That fired catfish would fit right in and so would about any adult beverage - and I'm sure between now and then I can come up with a little appropriate music that would make a mutant wanna stamp their feet and slap yer mama. To get ya pondering the idea and wake yer mutant spirit....

Ah yeah....
RVM2