Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #4593

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

So Mutants - Annie and I were in the garage a moment ago poking around things we need to shed to go full time. And guess what? I may have mentioned before that I spent some time booking blues bands a few years ago, and just happen to have a curiosity sized box of brand spanking new Mardi Gras beads and plastic Hurricane glasses.

So I was thinking - even though our Curiosity falls after Mardi Gras - we will be letting the good times roll - so why not have a Mutated Mutant Mardi Gras Party? And I can unload my party supplies at a Mutant Tootin Grande party.

Anyone have the recipe for a big pot of Gumbo - get us some boudin sausage - blackened anything? The mind wanders. Remember - I have Mardi Gras colored rope lights!

Just a thought. Anyone game to Laissez les bons temps rouler?
RVM2
Hey Steve !!!!,

Yeah yeah yeah, bring the beads and the Hurricane glasses, do we have anyone that used to be a bartender that has a recipe to make Hurricanes, and sadly to say yeah we can make Gumbo, sure but we will have to make a batch with no shell fish in it as well, seems over the years I have found myself allergic to those little shelled creatures and sadly yes that includes lobster and crab as well, but on the bright side we can find some andouille sausage and grill em and whooo hooooo we will be a mardi gras bunch of mutating mutants for sure.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #4594

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sounds like fun, include catfish, or separate meal another night, what ever the mutants want. Shrimp boil sounds good to, love Gumbo but I don't cook cook it.

Mutants chime in, this is your Curosity! Any cooks among us? I'll help all I can!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #4595

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jeff - chicken filet gumbo - good by Joe We Gotta Go Me Oh My Oh.

I do not have a turkey fryer but sounds like we may need a few. I think a Grade Mardi Gras dinner - music and frivolity would be me oh my oh off the charts mutantastic. Let's here it mutants - blackened steak and chicken too. Who knows what we may come up with.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #4596

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sounds like fun, include catfish, or separate meal another night, what ever the mutants want. Shrimp boil sounds good to, love Gumbo but I don't cook cook it.

Mutants chime in, this is your Curosity! Any cooks among us? I'll help all I can!

Hi Tim !!,

Seems I disremember someone saying that just after the first of the year that we mutants would have to start getting our plans down a bit tighter, I dont know if we have any cooks or bartenders in the group but it could be found to find out, the next question is are they heading to AR to meet all of those that are going to attend the Grande Curiosity. I know how to bartend as long as its only pourin beers or making whiskey and water, martini's and gimlets or pourin wines of course, I think I have a bartenders book around here someplace how hard can it be to make Hurricanes ? I know potlucks were mentioned, both supper and a breakfast BACON one as well, but nothing set in stone.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #4597

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What a day!

Wow!

Look what happens when my usual morning check in at RVMdom is skipped. Being on the west coast, my morning is lunch time for many of you, but yesterday I had pressing chores to do.

Teffy! Such a scary ordeal you and the DW have been thru. We send healing and happy thoughts your way!

And 2 new mutant families have joined us! Marvelous, simply marvelous! PM me your email address, username and RVM# and I'll send you the official invitation to join the email list. We use it for uncensored and private RVM messages about our upcoming Grand Curiousity.

I am also the keeper of Sena, RVM head mascot. RVM 51, I love your Barrel of Monkeys suggestion. I found some at a very reasonable price and plan to purchase a case We'll share them with all RVMs at the GC@CL in April.

Barrel of Monkeys Toy | Fun Handheld Toys & Games

Now, back to chores. First I needed to move our apartment back into her garage after the trip to Seattle to retrieve our toad. Quick and easy.

Next was to reassemble the power wheelchair, also retrieved, and air up the tires. This vehicle compensates for my bad knees. All went well and it was a rare sunny Northwet October day. I decided to let Lily, Sena's puppy, out for a run. She has been denied that joy ever since the coyote incident. But, the power chair allows me to join her run and provide security.

Lily delighted in the freedom and the run. She has a route that checks out all corners of this 7 acre paradise. The last leg is up a steep driveway. Without thinking, I drove up with her.

Unfortunately, I forgot that I had removed the chair's anti-tippers. About 100 feet up the chair flipped backwards. I did a not so graceful rear somersault out the back, clunking my head on the asphalt and spraining (I hope) my back.

I managed to upright the chair and drive to my host's house for some first aid. The goose egg on my head is accompanied by a weeping laceration. No sign of a concussion and an ice pack,Tylenol and my daily pain meds are providing relief.

My back is considerably more painful, but only when I try to twist. It gives me a stupidity reminding zing.

Wow, what a day!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #4598

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Jeff - chicken filet gumbo - good by Joe We Gotta Go Me Oh My Oh.

I do not have a turkey fryer but sounds like we may need a few. I think a Grade Mardi Gras dinner - music and frivolity would be me oh my oh off the charts mutantastic. Let's here it mutants - blackened steak and chicken too. Who knows what we may come up with.

Oh Yeah,

Now that sounds good also, Chicken Filet Gumbo, that could make your mouth water for sure, I am quite positive we have the creative genius within the group that can put this all together. I dont think we have anything to worry about at all.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #4599

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Okay gang let's party....here is our favorite Cajun music to get us in the mood!

http://youtu.be/KaRrVqBhfYg

Already dancin!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #4600

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Wow! Look what happens when my usual morning check in at RVMdom is skipped. Being on the west coast, my morning is lunch time for many of you, but yesterday I had pressing chores to do. Teffy! Such a scary ordeal you and the DW have been thru. We send healing and happy thoughts your way! And 2 new mutant families have joined us! Marvelous, simply marvelous! PM me your email address, username and RVM# and I'll send you the official invitation to join the email list. We use it for uncensored and private RVM messages about our upcoming Grand Curiousity. I am also the keeper of Sena, RVM head mascot. RVM 51, I love your Barrel of Monkeys suggestion. I found some at a very reasonable price and plan to purchase a case We'll share them with all RVMs at the GC@CL in April. Barrel of Monkeys Toy | Fun Handheld Toys & Games Now, back to chores. First I needed to move our apartment back into her garage after the trip to Seattle to retrieve our toad. Quick and easy. Next was to reassemble the power wheelchair, also retrieved, and air up the tires. This vehicle compensates for my bad knees. All went well and it was a rare sunny Northwet October day. I decided to let Lily, Sena's puppy, out for a run. She has been denied that joy ever since the coyote incident. But, the power chair allows me to join her run and provide security. Lily delighted in the freedom and the run. She has a route that checks out all corners of this 7 acre paradise. The last leg is up a steep driveway. Without thinking, I drove up with her. Unfortunately, I forgot that I had removed the chair's anti-tippers. About 100 feet up the chair flipped backwards. I did a not so graceful rear somersault out the back, clunking my head on the asphalt and spraining (I hope) my back. I managed to upright the chair and drive to my host's house for some first aid. The goose egg on my head is accompanied by a weeping laceration. No sign of a concussion and an ice pack,Tylenol and my daily pain meds are providing relief. My back is considerably more painful, but only when I try to twist. It gives me a stupidity reminding zing. Wow, what a day!
Dang... Hope the back heals up quickly! Take care not to kill yourself before the GC we want ya there in one piece!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #4601

Quote:
Wow!

Look what happens when my usual morning check in at RVMdom is skipped. Being on the west coast, my morning is lunch time for many of you, but yesterday I had pressing chores to do.

Teffy! Such a scary ordeal you and the DW have been thru. We send healing and happy thoughts your way!

And 2 new mutant families have joined us! Marvelous, simply marvelous! PM me your email address, username and RVM# and I'll send you the official invitation to join the email list. We use it for uncensored and private RVM messages about our upcoming Grand Curiousity.

I am also the keeper of Sena, RVM head mascot. RVM 51, I love your Barrel of Monkeys suggestion. I found some at a very reasonable price and plan to purchase a case We'll share them with all RVMs at the GC@CL in April.

Now, back to chores. First I needed to move our apartment back into her garage after the trip to Seattle to retrieve our toad. Quick and easy.

Next was to reassemble the power wheelchair, also retrieved, and air up the tires. This vehicle compensates for my bad knees. All went well and it was a rare sunny Northwet October day. I decided to let Lily, Sena's puppy, out for a run. She has been denied that joy ever since the coyote incident. But, the power chair allows me to join her run and provide security.

Lily delighted in the freedom and the run. She has a route that checks out all corners of this 7 acre paradise. The last leg is up a steep driveway. Without thinking, I drove up with her.

Unfortunately, I forgot that I had removed the chair's anti-tippers. About 100 feet up the chair flipped backwards. I did a not so graceful rear somersault out the back, clunking my head on the asphalt and spraining (I hope) my back.

I managed to upright the chair and drive to my host's house for some first aid. The goose egg on my head is accompanied by a weeping laceration. No sign of a concussion and an ice pack,Tylenol and my daily pain meds are providing relief.

My back is considerably more painful, but only when I try to twist. It gives me a stupidity reminding zing.

Wow, what a day!
!!!! Barb !!!!

Holy Cats, whatcha tryin ta do lady ??? We have had plenty of mishaps in the last few days, ya just have to be more careful... anyway, I am happy you at least have some meds to help with the pain and someone nearby in case you need more help than Sena and lily can give you. but ummmmm take it easy please.

Ommmmmmmm ommmmmmmmm ommmmmmmm mutant healing thoughts heading your way ommmmmmmm

We are on the west side here as well, yep breakfast time is lunch time for most.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #4602
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Keep fighting the good fight. Hoping to hear your wife gets better as quickly as possible.
Ditto here!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #4603
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Dogpatch...I thought we were supposed to be finding the pot o gold...not carrying it about with us....geez...talk about weight issues and RV's....now I understand why so many warnings to get 4 cornets weighed and all....stick that pot o gold dead center in your rig and it ought to evenly distribute to all 4 tires....but be careful not to trip on it on your way back to the facilities......
LOL. My pot of gold is actually a MasterCard with a very high limit
Old 10-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #4604
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Wow!

Wow, what a day!
Wow what a day is right.

Hope your noggin gets back to normal soon!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #4605
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
As you can tell, I'm playin catchup once agin.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #4606
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
!!!! Barb !!!!

Holy Cats, whatcha tryin ta do lady ??? We have had plenty of mishaps in the last few days, ya just have to be more careful... anyway, I am happy you at least have some meds to help with the pain and someone nearby in case you need more help than Sena and lily can give you. but ummmmm take it easy please.

Ommmmmmmm ommmmmmmmm ommmmmmmm mutant healing thoughts heading your way ommmmmmmm

We are on the west side here as well, yep breakfast time is lunch time for most.

Cheers !!!
Is it a full moon?