Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #4635

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
The feeling is mutuantual!!

Christmas won't be ruined as it's a whole nother thing! And I can't begin to tell you all Annie has for that holiday. I honestly believe we will have to have some sort of storage to go full time just for the Dickens Houses. Oh brother. That's a issue for another day.
mutuantual!! ?? You just made that up, didn't you?

You're not going to like this, but with just me and Sadie, I have storage spaces just to store my storage spaces.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #4636

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner

mutuantual!! ?? You just made that up, didn't you?

You're not going to like this, but with just me and Sadie, I have storage spaces just to store my storage spaces.
Mike - when we go full time maybe ya can rent us space. We have plenty of room now thanks to tubs and organization - but we can't take it with us.

Sadie is mutantatic to keep you exercised and walk you daily. Can't buy that kinda love.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #4637

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We spent a week at the Grand Canyon RV park this past summer. Very nice park but not real dog friendly. No grass, just gravel and rocks. Well actually there was 2 very small patches of grass by the bath house and our little Schnauzer, Abbie made good use of them.

I guess my husband I are mutants also. We have a 2013 Hurricane that we wish had 2 more slides on it, a residential refrigerator and was a diesel pusher but other than those we are ok with it. We are really looking forward to our next trip but I have had cataract surgery and still have the other eye to be done next month so guess we won't be going back out on the road until after Christmas.
ginny47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #4638

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny47
We spent a week at the Grand Canyon RV park this past summer. Very nice park but not real dog friendly. No grass, just gravel and rocks. Well actually there was 2 very small patches of grass by the bath house and our little Schnauzer, Abbie made good use of them.

I guess my husband I are mutants also. We have a 2013 Hurricane that we wish had 2 more slides on it, a residential refrigerator and was a diesel pusher but other than those we are ok with it. We are really looking forward to our next trip but I have had cataract surgery and still have the other eye to be done next month so guess we won't be going back out on the road until after Christmas.
ginny47 - it is perfectly acceptable to want to upgrade - and many mutants have in the past and will in the future. But being an RVM requires a specific set of admissions about your RV and the RV lifestyle. If you would like to join our happy band of mutants all ya need to do is

1. Tell us what your RV doesn't have and you don't miss (cause you're happy with the joy it brings you.)

2. Recognize that life and RVing is a journey and the journey is the destination.

If you share that with us you will take your rightful place among the mutants as RVM53. If not, your welcome to stop in anytime and visit among the mutants on the rainbow.

The mutantball is in your court!
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Old 10-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #4639

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ginny, glad to hear from you. If you've caught up on all the reading on this thread since we last talked you no doubt are mutant material. Hoping for quick recovery time on the eye surgery, you certainly will need both eyes open as you cross the rainbow. Tell Jim hello and pat Abby on the head for me!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #4640

Well Well Well, Happy Birthday Don, and to those of you that are closing in on 59 well Happy birthday to you as well, you will have to let me know how it feels since I havent reached it yet, and congrats on the new grandchild on the way, we found out today that my niece who has been trying has been successful and she and her hub are excited, my daughter has just found out she has been accepted to Nursing school so she is excited as well, I can say Ill be happy to join in a bicycle ride, but I'll have to work a bit to get up to 75 miles in a day. Christmas this year will be fantastic as I wont have to move any snow at all, and new years will be a hoot as well, and a late Mardi Gras in Arkansas will just be the icing on the cake until it can start all over again, for the summer how can it get any better ?

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #4641

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH
Hello, boy oh boy, a lot has happened in the mutant world since I last checked in.
Our journey of 6 weeks has ended, and we are back in the great front range of Colorado.
I am busy trying to read of all the news here, as our internet connection was quite iffy.
Sending best of the best wishes to y'all.
Welcome Back Wayward Mutant! No or spotty wifi usually means Great Place and Time. Hope that was true for you.

So the big news is Grande Curiosity - Catherines Landing Hot Springs Arkansas - April 24th - 30th 2014. Catch up on your reading and let us know if you can make it!
Steve and Annie
Old 10-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #4642

Quote:
Welcome Back Wayward Mutant! No or spotty wifi usually means Great Place and Time. Hope that was true for you.

So the big news is Grande Curiosity - Catherines Landing Hot Springs Arkansas - April 24th - 30th 2014. Catch up on your reading and let us know if you can make it!
Steve and Annie
Hey Steve,

When we start heading towards Arkansas, and we go by the way of Dallas Fort Worth, but venture north to go to Frisco, I am curious if there is going to be a chance to get some mutants together for a pre-curiosity, or possibly even a caravan of sorts, its just hard to tell, I need to figure out how long it is going to take me to get from Frisco to Hot Springs, and divide that by days and times it by miles and then cipher a naught or two. Since we will be heading from Yuma or there abouts I need to also figure the time I need to get from Yuma to Frisco, geesssshhhh this could get complicated, anyway let me know what ya think.

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #4643

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny47 View Post
We spent a week at the Grand Canyon RV park this past summer. Very nice park but not real dog friendly. No grass, just gravel and rocks. Well actually there was 2 very small patches of grass by the bath house and our little Schnauzer, Abbie made good use of them. I guess my husband I are mutants also. We have a 2013 Hurricane that we wish had 2 more slides on it, a residential refrigerator and was a diesel pusher but other than those we are ok with it. We are really looking forward to our next trip but I have had cataract surgery and still have the other eye to be done next month so guess we won't be going back out on the road until after Christmas.
Hi ginny47!

You have applied to join a group of folks that have found the Rainbow and are riding it. Wanna hop on?

What we aint got, we dont need.
The Journey is our Destination!

Tell us what you do not have that you do not need. I know there is at least one thing!

Got rope lights? (or a reasonable facimile thereof?) Some like em, I dont.

Dave and Nola
RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #4644

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jeff - it's 300 miles from Plano / Frisco to Hot Springs. Since I'm a lightweight driver - I plan to leave on the 23rd and stop 50 miles or so out and roll in easy on the 24th. That could change and do it in a day - but I know how things can go. Late start due to X Y or Z - etc. And the more I drive - the leas like setting up.

Herb and Barb are good candidates to roll with us. And no telling about Wayne M rolling by from the South - or Teffy for that matter. We shall see. We shall see.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #4645

Quote:
Mike - when we go full time maybe ya can rent us space. We have plenty of room now thanks to tubs and organization - but we can't take it with us.

Sadie is mutantatic to keep you exercised and walk you daily. Can't buy that kinda love.
It's really hard to remember what I have in all the space. I bought a spare serpentine belt and it is NOT in my MH. I have a sewing machine in my MH, but no spare belt. Fact is I own 5 sewing machines. Picked them up at garage sales or Good Will for a couple bucks each. See Signature. To really know me, you would be an amateur at being a mutant. Mutant, but not a sicko... too much

Anywho, I've looked 5-10 times. I have the receipt, but maybe I left it on the store counter. It's not in my garage or where I keep stuff to reload in my MH. It's also not where I would put it to bring it home in my truck. Poof! Gone.

Whenever I say the "W" word, Sadie goes ballistic. She knows a lot of words, but only barks when I say kittty-cat, birdies, door, or outside and of course walk.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #4646

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Morning Mutants!!! Time for a shameless plug for our first ever Grand Curiosity at Catherine's Landing RV Park on the beautiful shores of Lake Catherine in Hot Springs AR. On the dates of April 24-30, 2014. Current attendees : #68- TLGPE #103- open #104- breed #105- okmunky #106- Wayne M #107- open #108- davenDeb #109- MartySQ #110- PTJeep #111- HerbnBarb #112- Flagshipp #113- CampDaven #114- huntnski #115- cnkinthebus #116- wthur #117- Suspenz #118- open #119- kscrude #120- open #121- Sky_Boss #122-#125 open If I have left someone off the list please let me know so I can get it corrected. If you have not yet decided, no worries there is still time but in order to hold these particular open spots we would like to get everyone committed by Jan. 1. If we need more we can certainly get more and we would luv it if you could join us! Some of you that are not full timers yet... You will be with us in spirit. There will no doubt be countless pics and postings and I'm sure our Most Illustrious Potentate aka. Flagship aka. Steve and Annie will fill a newsletter full as well. Barb aka. Okmunky and Steve aka flagship do we have an activities gameplan started yet? No doubt there will be multiple group dinners and Jeepy outings and pontoon explorations with some fishing thrown in for good measure. I expect Tim aka huntnski can line us up with some winery and other tours since he lives in the area and knows the local touristy things. Submit any ideas you have to one of these or myself and we can pencil em in. I would think we can find plenty to do or for those of us who move slower, we can sit around the camp and see who can tell the biggest yarn! Once we have an activities list for the week we can get everyone a copy so we all know the what-when-where. If you haven't committed yet or haven't decided your next years travel itinerary I hope you will consider joining us for what promises to be an epic event!

Speaking of the Grand Curiosity... An update on the above list adds #120- powellrv and #122- TEFFY! Who will be next? Step up and claim your spot! We are 18 strong and growing!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #4647

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Speaking of the Grand Curiosity... An update on the above list adds #120- powellrv and #122- TEFFY! Who will be next? Step up and claim your spot! We are 18 strong and growing!
Come on up folks! So very kewl.

And I have a thought, a ponderance....

Anybody got a karaoki machine for the GC in HS?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #4648

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Come on up folks! So very kewl. And I have a thought, a ponderance.... Anybody got a karaoki machine for the GC in HS?
No but I got a great margarita machine! After a few of those...who needs music? You'll be howlin at the moon!