Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2016, 07:53 PM   #49911

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Fergot the picture! Jes' so's y'all know it's really true:

Attachment 116382

Also the lunch from whence came this maahvelous pie:

Attachment 116383

Looks like Tim found the barber after all...but no. Just a new hairdo.

Along with lunch, there was a viewing of the jumping-out-at-you tree and a delightful drive around Ouachita State Park, where Tim & Mary do camp hosting. Then there was this place some of us remember:

Attachment 116384

Where have all the mutants gone??? No mutants, no noise, no hail....

What a great day in the Hot Springs area, and the third in this SFMC. We'll look forward to returning the favor!
Does a mutants heart good to see all the Mini and Midi Cs.

OK - STMs... get out there and meet each other!! Pics or it didn't happen.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2016, 08:04 PM   #49912

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Dwayne...
Thought of you today. He's gonna need to find some smaller boulders.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1452654218519.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	116409  
Old 01-12-2016, 08:08 PM   #49913

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
You got photo bombed... Look at the lady in the background.....
Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Everyone wants in on the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Despite the mother of all hail... I still love that place for GCs. Kinda sad this year. :-(
There was a lot of fun had there, we spent a little time today figuring out how we could get our coaches under the pavilion next time!They are adding 100 more spots and a enclosed banquet room and invited us back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I agree, that's a nice place. That pavilion really made gatherings easy to do and memorable.

I also believe there are other places like that, such as Normandy Farms up in MA. Not suggesting we all go there, just saying that when I was there I saw some really nice gathering places so it's all mutants responsibility to search out and find other great GC potentials.
Correct you are Carl. If more mutants will search these places out and be vocal about their finds we can duplicate the magic of a Great GC all across the country.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:14 PM   #49914

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It's the Great and Grande Curiosity Charlie Brown!
Old 01-12-2016, 08:15 PM   #49915

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ha Steve did you drop my name today while at the Pharmacy? It wouldn't have help but it wouldn't have hu.. Well on second thought maybe you might just leave me out of it.

Tell sweet patater were hopeing she gets better soon!
Old 01-12-2016, 08:17 PM   #49916

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ha Steve did you drop my name today while at the Pharmacy? It wouldn't have help but it wouldn't have hu.. Well on second thought maybe you might just leave me out of it.

Tell sweet patater were hopeing she gets better soon!
They just said... oh yeah. That guy.

Thanks for the Omms. She's asleep on the couch.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:21 PM   #49917

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Barry, we shall hereafter be known as the RVM PuffinDownWinders.
I got some Cohiba Panetellas today in Los Algodones. Itty bitty cubanos. Wink-wink

Excellent Mon Ami, I've been called a lot worse. I'm finding decently stocked cigar stores hard to find the further we're creeping west but I'll make some more serious enquires...wink wink

Barry and Pat, RVM114
TGA2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #49918

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Correct you are Carl. If more mutants will search these places out and be vocal about their finds we can duplicate the magic of a Great GC all across the country.
And think of the bang-up job Papaw Steve has done coordinating the soon to be happening FESWGC! Been making my list, checking it over and over. Getting the birds all psyched up for the upcoming major travel days, oh right, need to go file my vacation days
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:34 PM   #49919

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
And think of the bang-up job Papaw Steve has done coordinating the soon to be happening FESWGC! Been making my list, checking it over and over. Getting the birds all psyched up for the upcoming major travel days, oh right, need to go file my vacation days
Woot! Woot!!
Old 01-12-2016, 09:51 PM   #49920
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Dennis.... Whats your route? We are in Oceanside CA.... Will be going east next week towards Tucson... Thinking of possibly going thru Quartzite.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
If you take I-10 (recommended for quickness and avoids the ups and downs of I-8) then you will go through Quartzite. (Don't take Hwy-78)

Quote:
Dang... Great lunch at Joes Crab Shack with Wayne and Earlenes minimutants..... But i fogot to get the pic.....

Minimutants reported back so it must have happened. However, you know what a picture does, right. Proof!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Fergot the picture! Jes' so's y'all know it's really true:

Attachment 116382

Also the lunch from whence came this maahvelous pie:

Attachment 116383

Looks like Tim found the barber after all...but no. Just a new hairdo.

Along with lunch, there was a viewing of the jumping-out-at-you tree and a delightful drive around Ouachita State Park, where Tim & Mary do camp hosting. Then there was this place some of us remember:

Attachment 116384

Where have all the mutants gone??? No mutants, no noise, no hail....

What a great day in the Hot Springs area, and the third in this SFMC. We'll look forward to returning the favor!
Sue great picture of the 3 great people sitting at the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Talked to a 3rd different person today representing the fairgrounds. Will share frustrations when we meet.

Seems that things are still on track with one problem. I brought up the subject of "fake" propane firepits and explained that they're not a fire hazard any more that a barbeque grill when it cooks a steak. The fairground rep wasn't sure if they're allowed. THey will let me know. I pleaded our case. I emphasized their importance in assuring a successful rally. They will let me know.

Each night we may have to find a city park and create fire there surrounded by a ring of lawn chairs.

May be fireless meeting of mutants, but will still be a meeting of mutants. OH YEAH.
You have to think out of the box. Put a grate across the fire pit, throw a steak on it, and call it a BBQ. Three hours later just tell them that you want it well done. Or, every once in a while throw a potato on it and wait!

Quote:
Total brain fart......
Poor things, i was too worried at first about their being commanded to meet royalty, me, Princess Di....
Then I became enthralled at meeting the minimutants of W/E, since I had already met their other minimutants,
then got concerned that RHIP, cause Larry was just a Major, not a Col.....
But then as I began TALKING, i found that was easy... Some if you mught think I am shy....
Lol.... I did get a photo of the sealions outside the restaurant.....
And Sandy reported back to W/E that a successful encounter was had......

Yep, must have happened or Minimutant Sandy would not have called us and said it happened. Sorry you only went to Joe's Crab Shack. Wienerschnitzel is just down the road and would have been nice sitting outside.

However, proof is really needed. So, wait until this summer when the come and live around here and we can do a repeat. We even have a Joe's Crab Shack here - lots of fish (er shrimp)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:59 PM   #49921

Quote:
I agree, that's a nice place. That pavilion really made gatherings easy to do and memorable.

I also believe there are other places like that, such as Normandy Farms up in MA. Not suggesting we all go there, just saying that when I was there I saw some really nice gathering places so it's all mutants responsibility to search out and find other great GC potentials.

That place looks great, Carl, and I think Dave and Deb have found a nifty place in Desert Hot Springs CA.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:28 PM   #49922

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Is there a hint buried beneath the Idaho snow... thanks for the Omms Deb. Hi Dale!
Now that's a good question. Will know more by Thursday. My dad has been getting dizzy and has almost fallen a few times. They are giving him a PT treatment for dissolving the rocks in his inner ear. Yes, the doctor told him that you can have rocks in your head.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:03 AM   #49923
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
I sure wish we were there with you guys Enjoy and keep sharing the pics.
Ditto!

Steve, is Annie all better now?

Di, the bikes are beautiful and will be riding to AZ on a rack on Bow's rear ladder come March 30. We are SOOOOOO tickled! Can hardly wait to toodle around the campground on them. And peddling is really good for continual rehabbing of the knees.

Wayne, I can't find my name badge. Of course, Kate has hers tucked away in a drawer in Bow. Shame on me. But I know exactly where my kimono is. Does that give me a pass?

Dennis, safe travels for you and Denise! (I sure wish we were on the way to Tucson, too.) Looking forward to meeting up with you two somewhere, some day.

Our countdown is 11 weeks til launch. Goodness me! Gotta sell a house! Going on the market the end of this month. Could we get some ommmms for that? We're getting lots of help from nieces and nephews, who have pity on their ortho-challenged aunt Mel and their sweet aunt Kate. They're tree-trimming, sprucing up the yard, washing windows, and generally endearing themselves to us more and more. One niece and her hubby are going to fly to Jackson Hole in July to join us at Yellowstone and the Tetons. She's the niece that will take over the sale of the house if it hasn't sold by the end of March. Angel, that one!

Pain meds kicked in. Catch y'all later!!!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:14 AM   #49924
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Ditto!

[...]

Wayne, I can't find my name badge. Of course, Kate has hers tucked away in a drawer in Bow. Shame on me. But I know exactly where my kimono is. Does that give me a pass?

[...]

Pain meds kicked in. Catch y'all later!!!
For crying out loud! Remember this: I’m only responsible for what i say not for what you understand. So I'm going to say it again. Put the name tag with Kate's so she can tell you where it is. Sheesh!

I want some of those meds.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote