Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #4985

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Ok, so the Cock-A-Doodle Cafe it was, and very fine, too. It's an unassuming little place, but clean and friendly with yumcious breakfasts. Thank you for pointing us that direction. ...
A FINE hole-in-the-wall place to eat!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #4986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
RVM 10 here. I have not checked in for a long time. Busy, busy. I had written about our truck problems and that we would not be able to go south this winter. Here is a follow-up. Still need to replace the turbo on the '07 Duramax dually. I did replace the two thermostats - boy was that a mistake! I put a wrong length bolt into the bottom of the oil filler tube and cracked the tube mount. I did not notice this until last week when I got the oil changed - the oil ran out as fast as the tech could pour it in. Cost me $823 to have the mount (which is part of the timing chain housing) replaced. Seems most of the gadgets on the front of the engine have to be removed to get to the cover.

We were suppose to meet 3 other couples (including wife's sister and her husband) at Tonopha, AZ (Saddle Mountain RV Park) this winter but that is out. Sister is upset that she doesn't get to spend winter together.

I guess I will have to hook up the snow plow to the ATV.

Sympathy is appreciated - I'm tired of self-pity!
Hello Dick,

Sorry to read about your continued troubles with your pickup truck tow vehicle, unfortunately mechanical things fail and at the least inopportune times. I am quite sure you will be missed in AZ, but ya know life is filled with little miracles so maybe you will get one, we will keep sending thoughts of successful repairs your way.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #4987

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
It's been years once I last ate at Guidoes... Is the food still as good as it use to be?
I don't know if it was run by Dad or the son when you were there, but it was a seemless transfer. We get down there about 2 or 3 times a year. Its a nice day trip as we're only 90 mi from their parking lot to our driveway. Many years ago my son put one of our buses through the wall of the wine cellar at the back of the parking lot. Very costly for our insurance company. When I went down to see about the damage, they did comp the wife and I for dinner.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #4988

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and for being gentle on my first day out! I apparently missed one of the most important parts of being a mutant and that is to list what I will miss that I don't have and don't need. Believe it or not moving into our RV is a major improvement over our current living arrangements. I actually have more than I had before! But two things have popped to mind, 1, no coffee table to pile all my useless junk on to. However since the garbage can is now mere inches from the couch I am sure I won't miss it. The other is we do not have a washer or dryer in the RV. But since I have internet access I am sure I can find the nearest Soap n Suds and double up laundry night with date night and all will be good!

Hopefully that will fill the final requirement and we can move on to more important things like ---- Get Me A Number!!!!!

Sincerely,
Bob and Joan

P.S. My DW agrees with everthing I have said AND I HAVE HER PERMISSION TO SAY SO!
Old 10-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #4989
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
[QUOTE=.....................P.S. My DW agrees with everthing I have said AND I HAVE HER PERMISSION TO SAY SO![/QUOTE]

You silver tongued Devil, you!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #4990

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJoanFLA View Post
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and for being gentle on my first day out! I apparently missed one of the most important parts of being a mutant and that is to list what I will miss that I don't have and don't need. Believe it or not moving into our RV is a major improvement over our current living arrangements. I actually have more than I had before! But two things have popped to mind, 1, no coffee table to pile all my useless junk on to. However since the garbage can is now mere inches from the couch I am sure I won't miss it. The other is we do not have a washer or dryer in the RV. But since I have internet access I am sure I can find the nearest Soap n Suds and double up laundry night with date night and all will be good! Hopefully that will fill the final requirement and we can move on to more important things like ---- Get Me A Number!!!!! Sincerely, Bob and Joan P.S. My DW agrees with everthing I have said AND I HAVE HER PERMISSION TO SAY SO!
Welcome to RVMdom and all of its fine trappings. I believe you are RVM53, but Steve (RVM2) is the Potentate of the official roll call.

Again, welcome, you sick twisted Mutants!

Dave and Nola
RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #4991
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Me thinks a new group needs to be added under my campfar's. RV Mutant comes to mind.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #4992

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJoanFLA View Post
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and for being gentle on my first day out! I apparently missed one of the most important parts of being a mutant and that is to list what I will miss that I don't have and don't need. Believe it or not moving into our RV is a major improvement over our current living arrangements. I actually have more than I had before! But two things have popped to mind, 1, no coffee table to pile all my useless junk on to. However since the garbage can is now mere inches from the couch I am sure I won't miss it. The other is we do not have a washer or dryer in the RV. But since I have internet access I am sure I can find the nearest Soap n Suds and double up laundry night with date night and all will be good!

Hopefully that will fill the final requirement and we can move on to more important things like ---- Get Me A Number!!!!!

Sincerely,
Bob and Joan

P.S. My DW agrees with everthing I have said AND I HAVE HER PERMISSION TO SAY SO!
Bob and Joan - Thank you for your prompt reply. You have met all of the requirements and are officially awarded the title of RVM53 with all rights and privileges herein bestowed. You are free to move about the RVMdom. May the journey always be your destination! Welcome to the Rainbow.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #4993

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Bob & Joan,
Welcome to the What you don't see you won't miss group.
Us late bloomers will just have to keep those numbers lower than us in line.
Pay no mind to mo mind, er Wayne, he's just like that all the time.

This august group is coming in with about 75 posts a day.

Soon we'll be able to have a fence that stretches from here to your house.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #4994

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks to all of you little people that voted for me er.........sorry wrong speech, give me a second......I'm looking.........okay, I think I found it! Let's try that again.......Thanks for making me and Joan, er...Joan and me, er...Joan and I, er,....scratch that whole sentence please. Thank you! Okay one more time, thank you for allowing US to join your prestigious club. I opologies in advance for anything I might say that offends anyone. I am usually much more "sharper of wit" than my last few messages. Must be having a "slow wit" moment. Kinda like a senior moment only even more seniory(?). But I digress....okay when my train of thought pulls back into the station I will try again. Have a great day and remember......the Great Pumpkin is on his way!
Old 10-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #4995
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh boy! This thread is going to get so winded with the addition of RVM53. Sheesh!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #4996
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ha ha ha! Ya'll are lurkin' and don't want to post! Ha ha!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #4997

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
Oh boy! This thread is going to get so winded with the addition of RVM53. Sheesh!
So where are the snaps of the mini-curiosity with Herb and Barb?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #4998

Just thinking that I haven't had what I didn't need in so long I have forgot why I didn't need it to start with.

Mark
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote