Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #5097

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh Jeff, my heart goes out to you and your family.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #5098

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
We take a cruise every year with relatives that are all older, want say how old cause some on this thread may be their age, but in their minds they are too old to travel in a RV. Some wear themselves out walking the length of thr buffet!

We always have fun, althought on really long trips I tend to long for my homeland.
Well, our Rig might not be paid off till we're in our 90's. Maybe they'll reverse the order & let the buffet roll slowly past us instead.

Cheers!
Sue
Old 10-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #5099

Newmar Owners Club
Jeff

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #5100

An airport is an airport, mostly, till you order the chipotle burger and it comes with bacon on top. DH is a happy (ahem) camper, but it looks as though he may lose that cup of Cubs coffee to the pull of gravity.

For the curious, this is at O'Hare, first leg of the outbound trip.

Cheers!
Sue
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	260.3 KB
ID:	48404  
Old 10-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #5101

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
An airport is an airport, mostly, till you order the chipotle burger and it comes with bacon on top. DH is a happy (ahem) camper, but it looks as though he may lose that cup of Cubs coffee to the pull of gravity.

For the curious, this is at O'Hare, first leg of the outbound trip.

Cheers!
Sue
Simply amazing how his fries stay in a perfect pile and his burger didn't slide off the bun.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #5102

Hey, Sky_Boss! We waved as we lifted off this morning! Didn't see you wave back, but surely you returned the mutant wave, did you not?

Has anyone told our newer members about the secret wave?

Cheers!
Sue
Old 10-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #5103

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Herb,

Great photos of the four of you, It sounds like you all had a great time and by the time we all meet in HS,AR it will be a great reunion. The place you chose for supper also sounds great, Galveston is a place Marcia and I have not yet visited, but someday we will get there, seeing as we have just started on our Epic Odyssey, the whole of the Continental United States is our play ground.

To the rest of you that have jumped aboard the greatest Curiosity of all, if you get a chance to meet other members in your travels, do so, I can assure you that it will be a very rewarding experience.

Cheers !!!
Feb'11 Bob and I went to Galveston to escape the cold and snowy weather here in Kansas... When we got to Austin to visit my Brother on the way down... it snowed in Austin. We have pictures of kids with snowboards in Austin playing. They had a snow day for ~1/4 to 1/2 in. snow! We didn't have Honey yet at that point in time. We drove through the worst snow in Oklahoma... apparently they don't know about plowing very much and the Trucks had it all packed by the time they got their act together and started to try to plow it.... slowest trip ever through Oklahoma!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #5104

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Hey, Sky_Boss! We waved as we lifted off this morning! Didn't see you wave back, but surely you returned the mutant wave, did you not?

Has anyone told our newer members about the secret wave?

Cheers!
Sue
SHHHHH....it is a secret that there is a secret wave.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #5105

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thinking of you Jeff... it is a weird feeling to think, 'and now I am an orphan'... or half orphan, whatever your case... It bothered me for quite awhile when both my parents passed. Not that I wasn't ready or expecting it or anything like that... just that all of a sudden you will start thinking of many things you wish you could ask them about thoughout your daily life and it makes it ache again because you can't.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #5106

So sorry to hear about your Dad, Jeff. My Dad passed in 2001 and I think about him and the things we did. Doing this will keep the memory of your Dad alive, he will always be there for you when you need him.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #5107

Hello My Friends,

Thank you so much for your words of support and comfort, we have been busy making plans, I'll fly back and be there for a day or two and then come back to the rainbow. My Dad taught me lots of things in his 80 years. The biggest thing I think is a work ethic, and being true to myself. He was a great traveler in his day with a 32' fiver, he never took the plunge and went full time, but he was behind my desire all the way, so yeah I think he will always be close as we travel and Jeep. The hardest thing about all of this was being 2000 miles away, but thankfully there are devices to shorten some of the distance. I am greatly relieved that he is no longer in pain.

Thanks again, all of you
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #5108

While awaiting word

Ok while we have been on pins and needles awaiting word on my fathers condition, I just needed something to do. As some of you know I had started the project of removing the Diamond Shield from the front of the coach. The first set of photos I sent were of removing the lower gold band, well I had done such a good job Marcia rewarded me with a supper fit for a king, which was traditional Carbonara, and yes that is BACON that you see in there with the pasta. And then one thing just transpired into another and I lit into the upper green part of the project, so I thought I'd share some photos of that as well.

Name:	HPIM5962.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	48413

Name:	HPIM5963.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	48414

Name:	HPIM5964.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	48415

Name:	HPIM5967.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	48416

Name:	HPIM5970.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	48417

At least the Diamond Shield Project is now complete.

The thing about doing a tedious project was it gave me hours and hours and a sunburn on my neck to think about my father and the good times we shared.
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #5109

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Ok while we have been on pins and needles awaiting word on my fathers condition, I just needed something to do. As some of you know I had started the project of removing the Diamond Shield from the front of the coach. The first set of photos I sent were of removing the lower gold band, well I had done such a good job Marcia rewarded me with a supper fit for a king, which was traditional Carbonara, and yes that is BACON that you see in there with the pasta. And then one thing just transpired into another and I lit into the upper green part of the project, so I thought I'd share some photos of that as well.

Attachment 48413

Attachment 48414

Attachment 48415

Attachment 48416

Attachment 48417

The thing about doing a tedious project was it gave me hours and hours and a sunburn on my neck to think about my father and the good times we shared.
And you thought there wasn't anyone helping. He was beside you all the way. Looks fantastic.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #5110

Quote:

Attachment 48413

Attachment 48414

Attachment 48415

Attachment 48416

Attachment 48417

I love pasta! And with bacon!

Great job on the diamond shield project, looks great.

I bet those little diamonds glittering on the front would be distracting, like those on diamond plate .....

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote