Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #5167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
PTJeep. Very sorry for your loss. Remember the good times, and always keep him in your heart!
Hello Mike,

Thank you for your condolences, and your thoughts.

Marcia and I will keep our fingers crossed for you and Harriet as well, and hope that you find a buyer at the boat show.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #5168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Still in port at Ft. Lauderdale, waiting for the fire drill. How to don the life jacket; maybe we get to try out the life boats.
Hey Sue !!!

The photos look great. Some day I may take a cruise, but for right now cruising in my land yacht keeps me Happy Happy Happy.

If I were to take a cruise though I think I would mimic one like you are on, I would like to stay in the warmer climates.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #5169

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Thank you for the welcome and the number! I usually wore #54, but I guess I was slow on the draw! RVM55!

I have a problem - I may not be mutant material after all. I confess that I am a vegetarian. I do know people that eat bacon, though.

Maybe I can overcome that obstacle with my first ponderance. Yesterday I remarked to one of my employees that I really wish I was back in my MH and not at work. She asked "Where would you go?" I replied "It doesn't matter - point in a direction and that's where I'd go." She asked "Where would you stay?" I said "In my MH, of course!" Then I told her about the rule of threes - 300 miles, set up by 3:00, 3 day stay. Our favorite trips are wandering about.

Does that bring me back into good standing?
Welcome to you Elizabeth,

We are happy to have you aboard the rainbow. I for one am a carnivore and have been since day one, and I cannot foresee changing that, but part of being a mutant doesnt mean you have to like bacon, although it helps. But it is about not having things and not missing them. So for that it qualifies you in the highest order, you dont have meat and you dont seem to miss it. You have earned your RVM #55 wear it proudly.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #5170

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the madness, Elizabeth. I am also owned by an unusual critter, Sena, the RVM head mascot. I hope you have as much fun here as we do.

I am also, the keeper of our alternate communication vehicle -- the RVM email list. We use that when we want to chat only with other RVMs or when we have something to say that might offend the IRV2 moderators sense of acceptable language or topic. If you'd like to join, just send me a private message with your email address and some means to identify that it is you. (RVM # or username will do).

I hope we get a chance to meet some day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #5171

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Jeff, I bought 2 cans of wasp spray to use as coyote deterrant. I opened the first can and sprayed it around the property to "mark" our territory. What surprised me was that it had very little odor. I was hoping for a really strong insecticide smell that would leave no doubt as to where I sprayed it. I didn't rub any in my eyes, but this stuff seemed rather benign. I'm wondering if I got a bad batch, or has that stuff changed that much?

Hi Barb !!

I dont know if the insecticide companies changed their formulas or not, I usually get a variety made by Raid or Black Flag, oh and the is another one called Hot Shot. We used to get lots of bees and wasps at the S&B. The only times I would really get frustrated with the stuff is if they didnt shoot as far as I would have liked them to.. I would think that anything that could kill bees and wasps sprayed into the eyes and mouth of a rattler would really dissuade them from being aggressive towards the stream that stung em. I have even tried to research it some, but so far I have come up empty handed.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #5172

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jeff - I know where 1 was recently sited near you and Les can point ya to where 2 were last seen if you're looking for a proving.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #5173

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Jeff - I know where 1 was recently sited near you and Les can point ya to where 2 were last seen if you're looking for a proving.
Steve,

Now I shouldnt have to tell you this, but snakes and I DO NOT GET ALONG, if I was to encounter one that was 7 foot in length I can tell you for a fact I would be running in the opposite direction. I am not nor will I ever be a snake wrangler, in fact when Dave and I were traveling the Big Bug Mesa and I saw that rattler slither in front of my Jeep and try to strike at Dave's sisters Jeep tire I could tell right then and there, these critters are something I dont wanna play with.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #5174

Monaco Owners Club
Quote: What's this first 3 - 300 miles. This is not a NASCAR race. I think 130 miles is a good day, but the DW would quite often like to do more. I sure like the other 2 3's, that's my idea of a good run.

I actually like to drive! I've done coast to coast a couple of times, but 300 is about our limit for one day now. Most trips we don't come close to that. Heck, I'd camp in my driveway if I couldn't get out any other way. Sometimes we only go 15 miles from home. We've managed not to be home except for two weekends all summer, and have taken a couple of week-long trips. I dream about climbing behind the wheel and heading for wherever the road goes.

You mention employees - what do you do?[/QUOTE]

I am the center manager for a Virginia Workforce Center. We are a partnership of 12 agencies under one roof that serve employers or job seekers or both. We are busy all the time!

Usually go by Elizabeth, but would consider other appelations if the right one presented itself. (RVM55, perhaps?)

virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #5175

Vintage RV Owners Club
Salutations!
Hey! She's smart too! So now I had to look up a word the mutantarian used... (ain't gonna show my dumb) so now we are increasing our word power also! Who knew a group could increase our edumutation!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #5176

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Wow just had a fantastic meal at Fish Tales in Galveston. And wouldn't ya know it... They had an appetizer made specifically for mutants...jumbo shrimp wrapped in pepper jack wrapped in bacon and deep fried.... This place is Mutant Approved!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3003544518.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	551.4 KB
ID:	48492

Blackened Catfish covered in Crawfish étouffée

Name:	image-1411989004.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	550.6 KB
ID:	48493

And beer batter fried cod

Name:	image-2183235378.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	472.0 KB
ID:	48494

Yumm yumm
Old 10-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #5177

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I was pleased to see a lot of the same people over and over again on our last trek. Seams a lot of people use that rule of threes. I altered that a tad and do 10 to 4 instead of 9 to 3 as it lets me relax a tad longer in the morning.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #5178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I was pleased to see a lot of the same people over and over again on our last trek. Seams a lot of people use that rule of threes. I altered that a tad and do 10 to 4 instead of 9 to 3 as it lets me relax a tad longer in the morning.
Hey Dennis !!

I like 10 to 2 or 4 if I cant get to where I need to be by 2, and it gives me more time in the morning to enjoy my coffee as well, gotta have that morning wake up of at least 3 cups, I can adhere to the threes if we are talking about coffee...

Cheers !!!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #5179

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Wow just had a fantastic meal at Fish Tales in Galveston. And wouldn't ya know it... They had an appetizer made specifically for mutants...jumbo shrimp wrapped in pepper jack wrapped in bacon and deep fried.... This place is Mutant Approved!

Attachment 48492

Blackened Catfish covered in Crawfish étouffée

Attachment 48493

And beer batter fried cod

Attachment 48494

Yumm yumm
Herb !!

That cod looks fantastic, ya gotta love those friday night fish fries and touch it up with an Ice Cold Killians .... Yeeeee Haaaaa

Cheers !!!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #5180

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Still in port at Ft. Lauderdale, waiting for the fire drill. How to don the life jacket; maybe we get to try out the life boats. But first: lunch!
Sue, hoping your having a good time. Can't wait till you post again so all will know everything is alright! From how I look at it your ship is on its side, your not on the Costa Concrdia I hope.lol. (Your pics are posting sideways, may someone can tell you how to fix that. I would but don't know myself)

Regardless have a good time!