Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #5741

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey campingman - say it isn't so.... Saw your thread that your selling the rig. Fear not - once a mutant always a mutant. Post up - we're here for. Everyone raise a glass to our fellow mutant.
RVM2
Hey Mark (aka campingman),

Maybe you can sweet talk her some, perhaps just keep it for a bit longer and see if she gets the itch to roll on down the road. I know full timing or heck even part timing isnt for everyone, but sometimes it takes time to get your feet wet.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #5742

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Marty,

I would vote for some kind of snitzel or would it be possible to find some metwurst or ummmm sausage and some kind of German pasta ?

Cheers !!!
Gee... I don't make that stuff, but we have a german restraunt right in my small town that mnakes excellent food... I might bring you some in April!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #5743

First time 3D

Well my Mutated Friends,

Today Marcia and I experienced a 3D movie for the very first time, we went to an Imax theater and watched Gravity, it was a pretty good action flick with lots of suspense and dodging of space junk. We both enjoyed it but had a hard time deciding between Gravity and Counselor, we will see Counselor next time around. I can remember when I used to think space travel would be fantastic, I am now of the opinion, that I'm much happier just riding my magic carpet and Jeeping as well.

But if you like action and suspense Gravity was very good for both.

Cheers !!!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #5744

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Gee... I don't make that stuff, but we have a german restraunt right in my small town that mnakes excellent food... I might bring you some in April!
Hi Marty,

Well I dare ya to find metwurst, the only place I have found it in a sausage form was in a Restaurant in Rochester, MN the restaurants name was Panakukin, actually I think that restaurant is Dutch but that metwurst sausage for breakfast is incredible.

Cheers !!!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #5745

My kimono will not open until the GC (and this too is not a hint). :-)[/QUOTE]

Hey Dave,

I dont know how to tell you this but the strangeness of your quote sounds like a new episode for "AS THE KIMONO OPENS" what will be unleashed upon the mutated mutants at the GC@CL what evils may lurk there ..... .....

Cheers !!!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #5746

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
My kimono will not open until the GC (and this too is not a hint). :-)
Hey Dave,

I dont know how to tell you this but the strangeness of your quote sounds like a new episode for "AS THE KIMONO OPENS" what will be unleashed upon the mutated mutants at the GC@CL what evils may lurk there ..... .....

Cheers !!![/QUOTE]

I'm leaving my rope lites on to ward away evil lurks. Maybe even dab bacon grease behind my ears.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #5747

Still here, just lurking among my fellow mutants, occasionally sallying forth to hunt the wild bacon for sustenance. Those of us in the north have to go into hibernation/mourning, awaiting warmer times. This year we plan to bravely sally forth sans RV in January for several weeks to seek foreign vegitation in the fabled south. I hear there are things called "palm trees" that remain green all year. I will report back if I find such a thing, as others may want to follow.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #5748

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Still here, just lurking among my fellow mutants, occasionally sallying forth to hunt the wild bacon for sustenance. Those of us in the north have to go into hibernation/mourning, awaiting warmer times. This year we plan to bravely sally forth sans RV in January for several weeks to seek foreign vegitation in the fabled south. I hear there are things called "palm trees" that remain green all year. I will report back if I find such a thing, as others may want to follow.
Hi Tina !!!

Just a note, we have been missing your photos ... I having lived in Michigan for over 50 years know full well what you mean by hibernation, I hope you are successful in your travels, and that you make the trek in time before you freeze completely and can keep enough residual heat to keep you frost free till the coming spring.

Cheers !!!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #5749

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Hey Dave,

Cheers !!!
Quote:
I'm leaving my rope lites on to ward away evil lurks. Maybe even dab bacon grease behind my ears.
In this group....Bacon grease behind the ears would be like musk oil to a deer....I wouldn't... if you want that kimono to keep it's distance....LOL!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #5750

Quote:
My kimono will not open until the GC (and this too is not a hint). :-)
Hey Dave, I dont know how to tell you this but the strangeness of your quote sounds like a new episode for "AS THE KIMONO OPENS" what will be unleashed upon the mutated mutants at the GC@CL what evils may lurk there ..... ..... Cheers !!![/QUOTE]

Cool Jeff!

"AS THE KIMONO OPENS". Has a soap opera ring to it.

I am saving comments and other tidbits from all the RVMs to help me design my monologue.

Actually, my secret is that I got a tiny puppy and I carry it with me in my man-purse and his name is George. (nononononononono!!!!)

(GC@CL)

However, if you replace one word in a movie title with the word bacon.....

Willy Wonka and the bacon factory.
Pride and bacon.
Bacon Abbey
Bacon wars
Edward bacon hands
Joan of bacon
Debbie doe bacon
Honey I shrunk the bacon
Desperately seeking bacon
O bacon where art thou
The sound of bacon
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #5751

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh Dunner!... BTW... I got the seeds in the mail. Thank you! If only I could grow them up enough to have them ready by April but alas... the sunshine won't stay out long enough to do that this time of year... not to mention it's been getting right cool at night.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #5752

Vintage RV Owners Club
It's been so many pages since we have heard from Dogpatch... I hope all is going ok with his mama.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #5753

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ
It's been so many pages since we have heard from Dogpatch... I hope all is going ok with his mama.
X10 - and we'll raise another glass - to Les and his Dogpatch Mama. Cheers!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #5754

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Last night's adventure

Ok, I'm gonna tell on myself again. I've been looking for a package that the seller says was delivered. It is some LED light bulbs that I bought off an overseas website at Possum's recommendation. They weren't in my PO Box, so at 5:30 last night I jump into the toad to see if they had been left inside the neighbor's gate as has happened before. It had been raining off and on all day and lots of leaves had fallen off the trees, but I didn't think anything about it.

Maybe I should explain that for all but the last 2.5 years I have always lived on flat land. Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, you know, prairie country. I am currently along the Columbia River in S Washington state. The only thing here flat is the water in the river.

So, anyway, I buzzed up the back way to get to the inside of the neighbor's gate. Only I got within 100 yards of the gate and my poor little Smart Car won't go forward. Too many wet leaves. Then it starts sliding BACKWARDS!! Yikes! There's a ravine behind me with a 50 ft drop into a small stream. My heart is pounding, the car is sliding, OMG!!! Sena and I are gonna die in the forest and no human knows where we are.

Suddenly, driver's Ed class in 1967 flashes into my head -- turn the front wheels toward the curb on hills. No curb, but turning the wheels as if there was a curb stopped our descent and I stomped on the brake and pulled up the emergency brake.

I was then able to call my friend's DH who came the other way in his truck. He wisely stopped on the other side of the gate and carefully made his way down to where we were. He made sure the car was secure, handed me a flashlight and advised me to be careful walking back down the steep driveway. He then went back to his truck, up the steeper part of the driveway.

Sena crawled down the back of my jacket and we slowly made our way down thru the same wet leaves that challenged the car's forward motion. All the way down I'm listening for any sound that might be one of the coyotes we've seen come from that direction recently. A twig hit me on the head, almost triggering a heart attack.

The house at the bottom of the driveway was a beautiful sight. I couldn't wait to get into the coach and crawl under the covers. And yes, this is the same steep driveway that flipped me out of the wheelchair 3 weeks ago. I will NEVER go that way again. Or else I fear I might not live to tell about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote