Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2016, 08:08 PM   #58003

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
While at the falls, the Maid is a must. Earlene and I did it last year.

Also look into "Journey Behind the Falls," "The Skylon Tower," "Whirlpool Aero Car," "Niagara Parkway," "Butterfly Conservatory," "Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours," and "Niagara On The Lake"

You can search for any of those key words to get an idea of what they are and what you may be interested in. Nice area to visit. We have stayed in Wilson, NY at a CG, and Gasport, NY. Wilson was 20 miles from the falls and was cheaper than the CG's near the falls, and Gasport was Passport America for $11 a night at the time and $4 a night deposit for electricity. but was 30 miles from the Falls. Nice ride along Hwy 18 along Lake Ontario if you just want to sight see. Hwy 18 goes all the way to Rochester if you want to get off the Interstate system. As 18 runs along the Coast of Lake Ontario, there are many roads that will take one down to Hwy 104 and back to Niagara.

p.s., don't miss the White Water Walk. It is a board walk that traverses along the Niagara River and it is jp close and some nice what water views. It is so amazing the power of that river.

Take a trip over to Lockport were the locks to the Erie Canal are. There is also a tour down into some caves that we went on. Took Miya and she was in the little boat we had to get into to see the end of the cave. She's a great traveler. If you want you can take a boat ride through the locks.

Tim, your head is always in a fog so how were we to know. Mary is a beautiful as ever.

=================================

Dwayne, Looking good, looking good. Can't wait to see "The Rainmaker" in person.
Can you imagine if they ever opened up to the falls to flow at the rate they were ORIGINALLY flowing at??? Of course the whole thing would probably be moving upstream constantly if they did due to erosion but it would still be a lot more spectacular than what's there today.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2016, 08:09 PM   #58004

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Did ya take it... lol.

I ran across this the other day.
Little too big for the bike and didn't have a red flag with me at the time to drag it away
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:13 PM   #58005

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Little too big for the bike and didn't have a red flag with me at the time to drag it away
Well there's that...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #58006

Quote:
Nice boat. Would love to see them race.

And as Annie always says... the things ya see.

The other day there were several race teams headed west on 74 out of Peoria, Il. Labor day is coming up and drivers are on the move. That's one of the things I watch for as we travel. I'm surprised at how many travel the race circuit at all levels. We've seen race planes, boats, cars, cycles all rolling along to the next race.

I would just like to see it being unloaded..... It is on it's side... They have to rotate it...
And i fuss about unloading the yak......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:52 PM   #58007
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Mel and Kate - - Lucky for you to find a place that tries its hardest to get you done and keeps you informed on a regular basis. I can't deal with places that tell you they'll get you in at 10:00 a.m. and say nothing to you until noon and then 2:30. Work begins at 5:00. When you are not a regular customer, I've found that they put you on the burner behind the back burner. That really grates me. You're apparently dealing with a shop that understands that customer service is important. Travel easy.
We were at General RV in Wayland, MI, just south of Grand Rapids. Good guys. They are an authorized Tiffin dealer and service center. Several techs with expertise in hydro/aqua-hot.

Today we have a new issue. We were watching the Olympics when all of a sudden a steady drip of water starts flowing out of the front AC. I'm thinking it's condensation, but it has never dripped inside. So, we may be going back to General this week. Sigh. Gotta mutate again ....
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:15 PM   #58008
MPH

While we were in Waylamd, we enjoyed dinner one evening at Salvino's. Kate took half her shredded chicken "bogo burrito" back to the RV and emjoyed it the next night. (They were massive!) She said it was excellent! (Sorry that I only thought of taking a picture when we were finished. :( )
We killed a bottle of a decent Pinot Grigio (Kate's fave wine these days ... I'm a red person, but compromise, ya know!)
Sorry about the sideways pic. (Wayne, the new phone is just like the old one!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	331.7 KB
ID:	135253  
Old 08-07-2016, 09:31 PM   #58009

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Great pic Mary and Tim! Marvelous proof of your Mutancy. I'm not much for lobster or slimy stuff on a shell, but maybe you can enjoy some crab or shrimp for me.
Ya know, Barb, I never really learned to enjoy that stuff either, much as my East coaster mom tried to teach us.... I can do tilapia, fish sticks, farm raised catfish(not muddy puppies), salmon, Tuna steaks, and stuffed clams... I can swallow a shrimp if I must, but don't care for the rubbery texture. Land lubber here... sorely uncultured in the finer fishy foods. I did try breaded , fried octopus tentacles when I visited my cousin in Connecticut back in 2007.... So you definitely are not alone....
Old 08-07-2016, 09:33 PM   #58010

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
We were at General RV in Wayland, MI, just south of Grand Rapids. Good guys. They are an authorized Tiffin dealer and service center. Several techs with expertise in hydro/aqua-hot.

Today we have a new issue. We were watching the Olympics when all of a sudden a steady drip of water starts flowing out of the front AC. I'm thinking it's condensation, but it has never dripped inside. So, we may be going back to General this week. Sigh. Gotta mutate again ....
That tends to happen when the drains are plugged... be sure the filters are clean. If one of you is safe to climb up and remove the AC Shroud and look inside from the top, you can see if your fins are clean and the tray drains have dirt that needs cleaned out so the water can escape the normal route.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:36 PM   #58011

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
While we were in Waylamd, we enjoyed dinner one evening at Salvino's. Kate took half her shredded chicken "bogo burrito" back to the RV and emjoyed it the next night. (They were massive!) She said it was excellent! (Sorry that I only thought of taking a picture when we were finished. :( )
We killed a bottle of a decent Pinot Grigio (Kate's fave wine these days ... I'm a red person, but compromise, ya know!)
Sorry about the sideways pic. (Wayne, the new phone is just like the old one!)
Your fruit phone is just joy ridding too!

If someone can get up top - I'm betting you have an A/C drain problem that needs to be cleared / cleaned. Hardest part is getting up there.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:53 AM   #58012
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
That tends to happen when the drains are plugged... be sure the filters are clean. If one of you is safe to climb up and remove the AC Shroud and look inside from the top, you can see if your fins are clean and the tray drains have dirt that needs cleaned out so the water can escape the normal route.
I check the filters every week and clean them when necessary. I would give anything if I could climb up on the roof. Tried to do that a few weeks ago, but the knees wouldn't let me. I need to be able to actually get on my knees and can't do that yet. Can't send Kate up there for a couple of reasons. So, will likely have to pay someone to do it for us. But I hate the thought of having to unhook and drive back to General. (Not to mention their $199 per hour service rate.) I'll ask the campground managers if they know anyone locally that could look at it.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:00 AM   #58013

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I check the filters every week and clean them when necessary. I would give anything if I could climb up on the roof. Tried to do that a few weeks ago, but the knees wouldn't let me. I need to be able to actually get on my knees and can't do that yet. Can't send Kate up there for a couple of reasons. So, will likely have to pay someone to do it for us. But I hate the thought of having to unhook and drive back to General. (Not to mention their $199 per hour service rate.) I'll ask the campground managers if they know anyone locally that could look at it.
A local Mobil rv repair will do a complete clean of an AC unit for $75 or less (Vegas price which I believe was the high side.) Don't underestimate local mobile repair / service.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:33 AM   #58014

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Grand Poonah reports they are ready to roll on to St. Andrews. So wish we were there!
Old 08-08-2016, 08:15 AM   #58015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I would just like to see it being unloaded..... It is on it's side... They have to rotate it...
And i fuss about unloading the yak......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

They use cranes to lift them up and over into the water......

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:14 AM   #58016

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
The Grand Poonah reports they are ready to roll on to St. Andrews. So wish we were there!
Did Dave get a new title?

Jake
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote