Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2016, 08:31 PM   #58563

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim... glad to hear you're only 3 days drive to the kids!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2016, 09:00 PM   #58564
MPH

Sounds like all you lobstah lovin' mutants had a great time in Bah Habah! Enjoyed the stories and the pics. It really did happen, didn't it!

Di and Larry, are you gonna make it up to Superior? You really will love the beaches. And the brewery in Grand Marais has great pizza! Really! I hear there are some good restaurants in Munising (quite a bit bigger town than Grand Marais).
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:06 PM   #58565
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
All this talk about phones taking pictures and all, well, I saw a couple of HDR shots on my iPhone and I just couldn't help but put together this video clip...I call it the Mutant Shake

Don't ask my why the back section isn't into the action like the front section!

That's cute Carl.
Thanks.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:08 PM   #58566
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
No pictures (yet) but it did happen.

The Double D's showed up in Oak Harbor, WA, along with Queen Barb and of course Sena, Lilly and Mizzie were all there. I even got some attention from Sena and that's a first. BBQ brought in was the fare of the evening. Really enjoyed seeing them all again. Dennis is just as obnoxious as ever and Denise and Barb as always charming.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:16 PM   #58567
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So, had two sensors fail to report to the monitor and suspected batteries were the problem. Took one sensor off, replaced battery and all worked well. Took the other failed sensor off and the valve stem was just gushing air. It is amazing that a thumb can hold in 100+ pounds of air. Grabbed he valve cap and stopped the flow. Found a valve stem tool and tried tightening the valve stem but it was a no-go. I didn't want to remove the valve stem completely and try re-seating it in case the tire separated from the wheel. Then I would never get the tire inflated.

Got out the air hose, inflated tire to about 5 psi over original setting and quickly put the valve cap back on. We extended one day and will be visiting Les Schwab Monday on our way out of town. New Borg 180 Dually Valve on the way just in case the valve stem is permanently jammed.

If it's not one thing it's another.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:40 AM   #58568

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
So, had two sensors fail to report to the monitor and suspected batteries were the problem. Took one sensor off, replaced battery and all worked well. Took the other failed sensor off and the valve stem was just gushing air. It is amazing that a thumb can hold in 100+ pounds of air. Grabbed he valve cap and stopped the flow. Found a valve stem tool and tried tightening the valve stem but it was a no-go. I didn't want to remove the valve stem completely and try re-seating it in case the tire separated from the wheel. Then I would never get the tire inflated.

Got out the air hose, inflated tire to about 5 psi over original setting and quickly put the valve cap back on. We extended one day and will be visiting Les Schwab Monday on our way out of town. New Borg 180 Dually Valve on the way just in case the valve stem is permanently jammed.

And the congregation said, "Man I love RVing"!
Old 08-24-2016, 05:08 AM   #58569

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Question Wayne, do you have beads in your tire for balancing? If so, it is quite possible that a bead is stuck in the valve stem. I had that happen to me in upstate NY a few years ago on my bike. Prevention/cure is to blow air through the valve stem into the tire with your compressor. No beads? Your sol my friend.

Jake
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:56 AM   #58570
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired-Jake View Post
Question Wayne, do you have beads in your tire for balancing?

Jake
Tim, I can't believe you didn't run with that one!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:28 AM   #58571

Vintage RV Owners Club
Can you say "She's a Hot mama"?
Marathon Habanero day yesterday... Made 20 half pints of various and sundry types of habanero peach jam/jelly. I think 4 different but similar recipes... hard to remember. Some with seeds, some without. Used gloves, but can't escape the burn completely.
Still want to make a batch of the Habanero jelly with the carrots in it... will have to wait until tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:11 AM   #58572

Quote:
I'll try turning the phone and see if that makes any difference.

Took the rig into the Ford dealer this morning for the front end and an oil change. To start with, they broke the door handle. Had to get Thor on the line and they talked them through getting the door open. Thor then sent a tech with a new latch and installed it. They got the oil changed and inspected everything they could think of underneath the coach. Found a frozen end on one of the linkages, not sure which one. The replacement won't be in until Thursday, so now killing time until Friday morning. Once this part is replaced, then they will drive to see if fixed, or if the hunt continues. So, we are now sitting in Shipshewana, all the Amish stuff you ever wanted to see. May try the flea market tomorrow.

Jake
Sounds, aside from crappy!, like normal rainbow stuff. Mohmmmms for your rig!

Enjoy the flea market, but check labels. Most of what we saw came, not from a quaint Amish workshop, but from some quaint factory in China. 😲 That said, have fun anyway!
Old 08-24-2016, 08:23 AM   #58573

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Enjoy the flea market, but check labels. Most of what we saw came, not from a quaint Amish workshop, but from some quaint factory in China. 😲 That said, have fun anyway!
Fun we will have, goes with riding the rainbow. Will check the labels though, never would have thought they would have succumbed to the sickness.

Jake
Old 08-24-2016, 08:35 AM   #58574

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yesterday after we dropped the coach off at Ford, we looked for an ATM. We use BoA, so used the app to find the nearest one. Turns out the only ATM within 100 miles is in the basement of the student union at Notre Dame university. The gruff gate guard finally let us in and we did find it. However, it is a beautiful campus. Now I can say that I went to Notre Dame

Jake
Old 08-24-2016, 08:41 AM   #58575

King Richard, how is Queen Ann's arm where she scraped it? I hope it's healing & didn't get infected. Ommmms!
Old 08-24-2016, 10:39 AM   #58576
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
And the congregation said, "Man I love RVing"!
Isn't it a fantastic lifestyle?

Quote:
Question Wayne, do you have beads in your tire for balancing? If so, it is quite possible that a bead is stuck in the valve stem. I had that happen to me in upstate NY a few years ago on my bike. Prevention/cure is to blow air through the valve stem into the tire with your compressor. No beads? Your sol my friend.

Jake
No I don't. They do make a special sensor that has a screen on it to prevent the beads from getting into the valve.

Oh, and BTW, you should have given the Ford technician the key to the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Tim, I can't believe you didn't run with that one!
Yeah! I figured he'd come back with something like that BB he has for a brain running around in his box car head. Oh well, he missed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Can you say "She's a Hot mama"?
Marathon Habanero day yesterday... Made 20 half pints of various and sundry types of habanero peach jam/jelly. I think 4 different but similar recipes... hard to remember. Some with seeds, some without. Used gloves, but can't escape the burn completely.
Still want to make a batch of the Habanero jelly with the carrots in it... will have to wait until tomorrow.
Save me one, save me one, a hot one, mama. Do you ship?