RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2016, 05:52 PM   #60887

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Dwayne to the Rescue.....

Again our intrepid fixer upper Dwayne comes to the rescue. A friend here about 18 miles out of town was having problem with her daily driver an older model Jeep Grande Cherokee Laredo. She has had it to a couple of "mechanics" and they couldn't figure out what was happening. She called me to see if I knew and while she was on the house phone I used our MJ to call Dwayne. I put both phones on speaker phone mod and they could chat. Dwayne told her what he thought the problem was and she and her husband went about checking what he told her.
They came into town just now (4:30 pm pacific coast time or reasonable facsimile thereof) to tell me to thank Dwayne for sorting out their problem for them via the phone. How cool was that.

Thanks Dwayne you make being a mutant an honour.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #60888
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Again our intrepid fixer upper Dwayne comes to the rescue. A friend here about 18 miles out of town was having problem with her daily driver an older model Jeep Grande Cherokee Laredo. She has had it to a couple of "mechanics" and they couldn't figure out what was happening. She called me to see if I knew and while she was on the house phone I used our MJ to call Dwayne. I put both phones on speaker phone mod and they could chat. Dwayne told her what he thought the problem was and she and her husband went about checking what he told her.
They came into town just now (4:30 pm pacific coast time or reasonable facsimile thereof) to tell me to thank Dwayne for sorting out their problem for them via the phone. How cool was that.

Thanks Dwayne you make being a mutant an honour.

That's no surprise to me. Dwayne is our mechanic savant. I think it's time for Dwayne to adopt Dunner's tag line as his own. In his signature line here on IRV2 Mike, aka Dunner, added, "If Dunner can't fix it, it ain't broke!"
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:56 PM   #60889

Hi gang,

Serving a little catch-up here. Some of you may remember Tom and Jan as RVM28; that's us. We have just finished our summer trip----nearly four weeks close to home in Florida. Got back in time for the elections (don't ask).

We stayed here at home all summer working on a couple of our rental houses getting ready to sell them. Got the first sold in July, and the second is under contract with closing scheduled for early December. YEA!

We took our token trip just to say that we did, and went over to Lazy Days near Tampa. Good trip, but much too short.

So now we get to do some catching up on chores I neglected during the summer. We have considered going full time, but find that the down time over the winter gives us time for medical visits, honey do's and the like.

We will start redoing our last season's plans to get out west again. We still want to get to Arizona and New Mexico, and maybe back to Yellowstone.

So HELLO, Mutants!

'Bye

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:13 PM   #60890

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE View Post
Hi gang,

Serving a little catch-up here. Some of you may remember Tom and Jan as RVM28; that's us. We have just finished our summer trip----nearly four weeks close to home in Florida. Got back in time for the elections (don't ask).

We stayed here at home all summer working on a couple of our rental houses getting ready to sell them. Got the first sold in July, and the second is under contract with closing scheduled for early December. YEA!

We took our token trip just to say that we did, and went over to Lazy Days near Tampa. Good trip, but much too short.

So now we get to do some catching up on chores I neglected during the summer. We have considered going full time, but find that the down time over the winter gives us time for medical visits, honey do's and the like.

We will start redoing our last season's plans to get out west again. We still want to get to Arizona and New Mexico, and maybe back to Yellowstone.

So HELLO, Mutants!

'Bye

Tom
Hiya Tom & Jan! Glad you checked in! Martin & I will be among the mutants wintering in AZ, and there might be many a mini- or midi-c.

Cheers!
Sue aka RVM#36
Old 11-14-2016, 10:52 PM   #60891

Send a message via Yahoo to jfjr
Hi all,
We are in Las Vegas, NV. for a few weeks. We should see Mr. Malone and family
tomorrow. And Junior too.

OOms for those in need. And be careful out there.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:56 PM   #60892

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE View Post
Hi gang,

So HELLO, Mutants!

'Bye

Tom
Tom,

If you are headed west then try to fit in Idanha Or in mid to late August.
We plan to hold the great mooning at River Mountain RV Park | Idanha, detroit lake, sisters,river mt rv on Detroit Lake. Call them and reserve a place as at last notice there were only a couple of sites left open and the solar eclipse will be fun to watch with friends. I can't remember the dates but if you tell them you are a mutant they can tell you at that time.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:56 PM   #60893

Send a message via Yahoo to jfjr
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Hiya Tom & Jan! Glad you checked in! Martin & I will be among the mutants wintering in AZ, and there might be many a mini- or midi-c.

Cheers!
Sue aka RVM#36
Sue,
We are at Cocopah, Az. Dec & Jan. Will you still be around Feb. 15.
Barb wants to gather together.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:14 AM   #60894
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
To add to what Dennis posted -- The great RVMoon GC is scheduled for August 17-23, 2017. This park was chosen because it is inside the area that will see a total eclipse on the morning of 8/21. Many of us are staying 2 weeks.

The park is on the river that flows down a mountain and into Detroit Lake. It's a small park and we have most of it booked with RVMs. There will be 3 astronomers there with us so I'm hoping we will get an advanced eclipse experience once we corrupt, uh, convert them them to RVMs.

Want more info? Just yell! Don't wait to book a site. August is their busy season. There is also a park on Detroit lake if River Mountain is booked, but Laurie will put you on the waiting list if you ask. I will move to their dry camping area if need be and another RVM can have my FHU site.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:25 AM   #60895
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm still waiting to hear back from Barbara at the Pima County Fairgrounds RV Park about them reserving the same area for us as we had last Feb. That's near Tucson. I've asked for Feb 15-21 so hopefully we'll avoid the cold weather that got us last year.

She says their schedule is open, but the head lady that decides if we get that prime real estate is off this week.

So all you Arizona bound RVMs -- pencil in Feb 15-21 for a GC!
Old 11-15-2016, 09:11 AM   #60896

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Sena is now sleeping off the effects of sedation given to her at the vet's office. She has to be sedated in order to draw blood. I'm still reeling from the bill -- $909!...
Hope Sena is doing well. Will she join us this afternoon?
Old 11-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #60897
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Hope Sena is doing well. Will she join us this afternoon?
Sena has returned to her bratty self, but she will be staying with Lily in the RV. I need a little adult time. She often makes it difficult to even carry on a conversation. See you at MMDC West. Anyone jealous?
Old 11-15-2016, 10:40 AM   #60898

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Sena has returned to her bratty self, but she will be staying with Lily in the RV. I need a little adult time. ...
Sandee is disappointed but understands.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:40 AM   #60899

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Sena has returned to her bratty self, but she will be staying with Lily in the RV. I need a little adult time. She often makes it difficult to even carry on a conversation. See you at MMDC West. Anyone jealous?
Of course there are those of us who are jealous. Being with five mutants for the day sounds just marvee as they used to say. Being with you, Colleen and Don would be great then there's the additional attraction of meeting Sandee and Don; what's not to be jealous of?

Have a heck of a great time y'all y'all (I think the vernacular is correct eh vSue) and think of us poor plebes in the drowning in a rain-forest. Official last day of batching it with Mizzie, Denise will be home later today bearing Christmas cooking surprises.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:50 PM   #60900
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Sandee is disappointed but understands.
We can arrange some Sena time for Sandee. We don't have to be anywhere by any certain time or day. What's the BEST part of being retired? Flexibility!