Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #61559

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Where has my dust bin?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2016, 07:12 PM   #61560

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Came in Thursday to find the Splendide WD2100XC in an unexpected state. Clothes should have been dry with door lock light flashing to indicate it was unlocked. Well it was flashing and so were the Low Heat, PreWash, and Low Spin lights.

The owners manual didn't say what this meant, but said to unplug the unit or turn off at the breaker for at least 40 seconds and try again. No joy. So the next day I called Westland - Splendide @ 503-655-2563. Got service rep and he said that's not gonna do it. Let me send you an email file on how to clean the unit. So here ya go..

Cleaning Instructions for Splendide 2100XC Clothes Washer/Dryer

1. Without clothes in the unit and with the dry time off, place the cycle selector on #11 and push start. When the water stops entering the unit and if the water is not up to the line across the glass, hold the start button in until the unit stops (Resets),

then push start. Repeat this process until the water in the unit is at the correct level.

2. When the water level is correct, hold the start button in until the unit stops (Resets), move cycle selector knob to #12 and push start. Allow unit to complete cycle.

3. Repeat this procedure 2 more times.

4. Unit should be cleaned once a month using this procedure. In addition, using an extra rinse cycle on every load also helps with lint removal.

So after doing this. All is well again. So the unit should he cleaned this way once a month.

Apparently a monthly empty run isn't quite enough to clear the lint as indicated in the manual. Wonder why they don't put this in the manual. Oh, I know... it's time consuming!

Sure glad to have that worked out.

And in the meantime - changed the water filters and regenerated the softener Thursday. Oh the humanity.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:52 PM   #61561

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ditto!
Old 12-10-2016, 08:29 PM   #61562

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spending the night in a little campground slightly east of Albuquerque. Tomorrow it's down to Las Cruces for a couple of days, then on to Tucson for a while. Any mutants staying in Tucson? Any recommendations for a campground there?
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:35 PM   #61563

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Spending the night in a little campground slightly east of Albuquerque. Tomorrow it's down to Las Cruces for a couple of days, then on to Tucson for a while. Any mutants staying in Tucson? Any recommendations for a campground there?

Justins Diamond J or Desert Trails. We are in Justins until the 15th.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #61564

Quote:
And what name would you suggest?

Quote:
Where has my dust bin?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Ditto!

Dennis, it's your Sacred RVM dust.
Need your input
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:43 PM   #61565

Did I mention new waffle grids earlier? Result:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1481427379829.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	146416

Click image for larger version

Name:	1481427404674.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	146417
Gluten free cinnamon/pecan waffles, to be precise. With dark honey and more cinnamon. Mm-mmmm!

If Ed & Jackie can't make Tucson, shall I offer a waffle breakfast? Two flavors. Somebody else might bring bacon.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:49 PM   #61566

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Did I mention new waffle grids earlier? Result:

Attachment 146416

Attachment 146417
Gluten free cinnamon/pecan waffles, to be precise. With dark honey and more cinnamon. Mm-mmmm!

If Ed & Jackie can't make Tucson, shall I offer a waffle breakfast? Two flavors. Somebody else might bring bacon.
My favorite meat shop in Apollo Beach has great bacon! I have that new fridge that will make transporting it very easy!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:52 PM   #61567

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We had a GC at the Pima Couty Fairgrounds southeast of Tucson last Feb and will be back there Feb 18-25. Are you signed up yet? Remember to tell them you are an RVMutant. It's only $125/wk for FHU 50amp.

The RV Park at The Pima County Fairgrounds | Tucson, AZ 85747

If you are interested in going there now ask for an event space site, if possble. That's where we will be in Feb.

Otherwise I'd suggest

Tucson, AZ Campground Reviews - Best of Tucson Camping - RV Park Reviews

I'm in the Phoenix area now and headed to Yuma for a short hop over the border to pick up some bargains. After that I'm thinking of hanging out around Tucson, but I boondock out in the desert. RV parks don't work well for us -- Sena likes to escape our coach and go steal from others and Lily thinks she has to bark at every sound, bird, fluttering leaf and critter she sees.

I think Dave and Nola are still there and maybe Dave and Deb.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:25 PM   #61568

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
My favorite meat shop in Apollo Beach has great bacon! I have that new fridge that will make transporting it very easy!
Yay-hey! Sounds good to me! I think we got us a party comin down!
Old 12-10-2016, 10:40 PM   #61569

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Did I mention new waffle grids earlier?

We truly wish we "could" join you. Busy painting and finishing loose ends on the house. Goal is to list it January 15.... may not make it but trying.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:16 PM   #61570

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Dennis, it's your Sacred RVM dust.
Need your input
Denise and I are having a ponder on this and will offer up suggestions in the morning.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:53 AM   #61571

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
We truly wish we "could" join you. Busy painting and finishing loose ends on the house. Goal is to list it January 15.... may not make it but trying.
We're all pulling for you. Hope you can make it!
Old 12-11-2016, 10:07 AM   #61572

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Came in Thursday to find the Splendide WD2100XC in an unexpected state. Clothes should have been dry with door lock light flashing to indicate it was unlocked. Well it was flashing and so were the Low Heat, PreWash, and Low Spin lights.

The owners manual didn't say what this meant, but said to unplug the unit or turn off at the breaker for at least 40 seconds and try again. No joy. So the next day I called Westland - Splendide @ 503-655-2563. Got service rep and he said that's not gonna do it. Let me send you an email file on how to clean the unit. So here ya go..

Cleaning Instructions for Splendide 2100XC Clothes Washer/Dryer

1. Without clothes in the unit and with the dry time off, place the cycle selector on #11 and push start. When the water stops entering the unit and if the water is not up to the line across the glass, hold the start button in until the unit stops (Resets),

then push start. Repeat this process until the water in the unit is at the correct level.

2. When the water level is correct, hold the start button in until the unit stops (Resets), move cycle selector knob to #12 and push start. Allow unit to complete cycle.

3. Repeat this procedure 2 more times.

4. Unit should be cleaned once a month using this procedure. In addition, using an extra rinse cycle on every load also helps with lint removal.

So after doing this. All is well again. So the unit should he cleaned this way once a month.

Apparently a monthly empty run isn't quite enough to clear the lint as indicated in the manual. Wonder why they don't put this in the manual. Oh, I know... it's time consuming!

Sure glad to have that worked out.

And in the meantime - changed the water filters and regenerated the softener Thursday. Oh the humanity.
Who would have thunk it. A volume control that goes to 12. Lol
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote