Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #6175
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Remember the first puter game...Pong? I sat in front of my Radio Shack green screen something or other for hours playing that stupid game and thought how cool I was!
Ah! First PONG game out was sold by Sears for $99 and I bought one. Spent hours playing that game, then PacMan. Hey, $99 was a lot of money back in the '70's. The first home version by Atari was release in 1975 and sold exclusively through Sear's stores. I just have to be the "first" in electronics, so my wife says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Might be a sideways river, 'cuz I don't know how to rotate the pics. You'll just have to twist your neck or turn the screen...or tell me how to fix this silly problem! And now, for some reason or maybe NO reason, only 1 pic uploads at a time. Grrrr! Ah, the wonders of technology.
Most graphic programs can rotate pictures. What program do you use to view the pictures?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #6176

[QUOTE=huntnski;1795663....

A few of the events I've been thinking of..

Grand Curosity 5K
Rock climbing and repelling.
Bicycle marathon
Sack races and lawn darts!

Let me think: Grand Curiosity 5K what? Amble? Saunter? Creak & Creep?
More my speed! Maybe one uh them chairs with wheels on. Booby prize for the longest time?

Can't wait!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 11-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #6177

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

So a suggestion - those with time craft their own - will display them and mutants will vote on the best displayed RVM Coach Identifier Badge - Plate - dash egg - etc.

Or like most business training sessions - have some Card Stock At check in - and we bring some colored pens and crayons etc - fold the card in half and make them at the wine and cheese party.

All those in favor of having an adult beverage around a campfire say Aye!
Aye! I have a dashboard IDfer, but think a new one is in order! Craftier, dashier, classier....etc.

Aye! Good idea with the card stock. I have some to share, along with metallic pens, paint pens, glitter.... (Gradeschool teachers' and parent's nightmare: glitter!) Glue sticks and scissors. The mind boggles.

Aye! An iRV2 person I met at the Amana rally brought her insulated mug to the campfire and confessed it was filled with her favorite beverage: champagne. Way to go!

(I'm still a bit out of the loop, but I'm getting there. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!)

Cheers!
Sue
Old 11-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #6178
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
[QUOTE=Suspinz;1803683][QUOTE=huntnski;1795663....

Grand Curosity 5K
Rock climbing and repelling.
Bicycle marathon
Sack races and lawn darts!

Let me think: Grand Curiosity 5K what? Amble? Saunter? Creak & Creep?
More my speed! Maybe one uh them chairs with wheels on. Booby prize for the longest time?

Can't wait!

Cheers!
Sue[/QUOTE]

And this member of the over 70 years of age crowd may be able to play lawn darts if the rings are not to far apart!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #6179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Steve,
That is not true I did not say that. I said "..All you have to do is turn a garbage can upside down to use it as a smoker...." Or something like that.

Stop misquoting me!!!
Okay, so yes "garbage can turkey" is superb when cooked by someone who knows what he's doing.

(I'm sure you meant trash can, didn't you, yeah? Although the mental image of a can of Spam did surface pretty quickly.)

Cheers!
Sue #36
Old 11-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #6180

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Sheesh! LOL. Part of the problem is that all the pix are on my laptop and I am usually using my I-pad when on the forum, since the laptop is for work. The I-pad is for the fun stuff. However, I got my sorry butt off the sofa and back to the desk, so here you are, two for the price of one. Both taken in Florida in the late 70s, both Polaroid transfers. You take the peel apart negative image which is normally discarded and pressure transfer it onto wet watercolor paper. Beef & Beer, but alas, no bacon.
Hi Timarti !!!

Thank you for those old photos, dont ya just love them, the only thing better would be to be able to rummage through them and see if there are any old collectables left behind..

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #6181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Might be a sideways river, 'cuz I don't know how to rotate the pics. You'll just have to twist your neck or turn the screen...or tell me how to fix this silly problem! And now, for some reason or maybe NO reason, only 1 pic uploads at a time. Grrrr! Ah, the wonders of technology.
Hey Sue !!!!!

Thank you for the pic .... I dont want to think about the number of hours it took to clean out the center of that tree ..... even if they had some modern tools it still would have taken a very long time .... it makes me glad I'm retired .... hahahahaha

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #6182

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Just a news flash to all you bacon loving mutants!!!!!
J&B foods in Seattle is selling Bacon scented underarm deodorant. I just heard about it on the radio.

Do we have any mutants in Seattle willing to check it out?
And then you would have every dog in the neighborhood following you whenever you take a walk if you used that stuff.
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #6183

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, despite getting down to 17 last night, the heater seemed to work ok. Went up to O'Reily's today and bought a couple of jugs, waited until it was a couple degrees over freezing and poured them in and ran the pump and got pink out of the hot water taps... I think we'll be ok .
Old 11-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #6184

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep

Hi Timarti !!!

Thank you for those old photos, dont ya just love them, the only thing better would be to be able to rummage through them and see if there are any old collectables left behind..

Cheers !!!
X2 - and that Polaroid trick was an oldie but a goodie. We did that as kids but never to such great results. Those were simply awesome! Way better than any Polaroid. Great work!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #6185

Tomorrow!

Mini-Curiosity with Dave and Deb, Jeff and Marcia.

Skydive Arizona, Eloy airport.
Just watching!
Hay, it's free
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #6186

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Well, despite getting down to 17 last night, the heater seemed to work ok. Went up to O'Reily's today and bought a couple of jugs, waited until it was a couple degrees over freezing and poured them in and ran the pump and got pink out of the hot water taps... I think we'll be ok .
Ok, so I've been out of touch for a day or two and it appears Sue's back, a minnie Curosity is planned and Martha thinks she is 17, went to local pub called O'Reily's and got a couple jugs and poured it in. I'm almost afraid to go back and read all the post I missed!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #6187

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
[QUOTE="Suspinz;1803683"][QUOTE=huntnski;1795663....

Grand Curosity 5K 🔛🔛🔛🔛🔛 ICAN DRIVE MY CAR 5K
Rock climbing and repelling.🔛🔛🔛🔛🔛🔛🔛 IM REPELLED BY ROCK CLIMBING
Bicycle marathon 🔛🔛🔛🔛🔛🔛🔛 IF SOMEONE NEEDS ME TO, I CAN PUT THEIR BIKE IN MY TRUNK FOR 26.2 MILES
Sack races and lawn darts. Lawn darts, my speed
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #6188

I am one of the worlds foremost 5K.... spectators. Bring it on!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote