Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2016, 07:01 AM   #61951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Oh no... when is surgery?

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Originally, Jan 29th, but postponed till a few conditions need to be cleared up..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2016, 07:41 AM   #61952

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
My dream would be for you to make your first stop in Glen Rose so we could caravan out there...
We can make that happen!

However, the trip will depend on "Queen Ann" recovering from knee surgery.
We won't make her walk to Oregon, ghees

BTW, were you able to find some venison walking through the woods???
Matter of fact I did my part to make the highways safer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Originally, Jan 29th, but postponed till a few conditions need to be cleared up..
Plenty of time, don't plan on leaving till after the 4th of July! We got S&B remodel, park hosting and TWINS to take care of before we leave!
Old 12-23-2016, 07:53 AM   #61953

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I don't think it was that far back and it's just the price you have to pay if you're not keeping up!
Your great help birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Umm I'm at a loss as to where I was supposed to read the sign's location??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Me too neither. Duh?
Looks like I'm in good company!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post

It was in the post he replied to.lol

As I said before you expect us to go back in time to reread old post?

Ok ah the vinyl decals being picked up near Dave include the name of the coach two private coach signs and two dream catchers. Ah sorry I didn't spell it out. Lol
What else have you forgotten, did you remember to tighten that nut behind the wheel?

Looks great Dwayne with or without a name!
Old 12-23-2016, 07:58 AM   #61954

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok all you wandering mutants. I'm starting to plan for the RVMooning and hopeing to visit Yellostone on the way out to Oregan. So, where do I need to stay and how long do I need to plan to see Yellostone?

Figure I might need to make reservations when looking for full hookups near the park.

Great question Tim, now that we have that name decal question answered we can move on to some real planning!

Any suggestions?
Old 12-23-2016, 08:10 AM   #61955

Quote:
Your great help birdman

Looks like I'm in good company!

What else have you forgotten, did you remember to tighten that nut behind the wheel?

Looks great Dwayne with or without a name!
Tim the nut behind the wheel is striped. No fixing that I just hope RAINMAKER knows the way.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:15 AM   #61956
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Ok all you wandering mutants. I'm starting to plan for the RVMooning and hopeing to visit Yellostone on the way out to Oregan. So, where do I need to stay and how long do I need to plan to see Yellostone?

Figure I might need to make reservations when looking for full hookups near the park.
Timster, It seems I'm your only friend. Well at least the only one that will answer you.

We stayed at Grizzly RV Park on the West side of Yellowstone. It is only 1/2 mile to the West Entrance of Yellowstone. Rather expensive but very conveniently located. There is also one just inside Yellowstone that has E/W and there is one called "Fishing Bridge RV Park" in the interior that has FHU the rest of the ones inside the park are boondocking.

In West Yellowstone there are some RV Parks besides Grizzly. One that has good reviews is Baker's Hole but only has E/W.

There are others so check out [url=http://www.campgroundreviews.com/]RV Park Reviews[url]

Also, We did not want to stay on I-90 so we took US-287 or some side road. Good road and much more scenic.

p.s., you need to start making reservations now for the Yellowstone area with FHU.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:16 AM   #61957

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Tim the nut behind the wheel is striped. No fixing that I just hope RAINMAKER knows the way.

Great job, proud for you!
Old 12-23-2016, 08:18 AM   #61958

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Timster, It seems I'm your only friend. Well at least the only one that will answer you.

We stayed at Grizzly RV Park on the West side of Yellowstone. It is only 1/2 mile to the West Entrance of Yellowstone. Rather expensive but very conveniently located. There is also one just inside Yellowstone that has E/W and there is one called "Fishing Bridge RV Park" in the interior that has FHU the rest of the ones inside the park are boondocking.

In West Yellowstone there are some RV Parks besides Grizzly. One that has good reviews is Baker's Hole but only has E/W.

There are others so check out [url=http://www.campgroundreviews.com/]RV Park Reviews[url]

Also, We did not want to stay on I-90 so we took US-287 or some side road. Good road and much more scenic.

p.s., you need to start making reservations now for the Yellowstone area with FHU.
I was reading on some other thread that there are some RV spots in the park that do NOT take reservations. I guess that means they are only first come, first served. Are these strictly boondocking sites?
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:23 AM   #61959

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Thanks for the reply, plan on getting reservations made soon. Didn't really want to do park while school is out but Mary insisted we do Yellowstone on way out to RVMooning and you know the saying, happy wife happy life!
Old 12-23-2016, 08:54 AM   #61960

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, plan on getting reservations made soon. Didn't really want to do park while school is out but Mary insisted we do Yellowstone on way out to RVMooning and you know the saying, happy wife happy life!
Last year we stayed at the KOA in West Yellowstone but most people on the forums recommend Yellowstone Grizzly RV. We spent 4 days in the park with my daughter and 2 grandsons. That gave us enough time to go in different directions each day and cover much of the park. We would get up early to go in and there was hardly a line and come out of the park in early afternoon. When we'd come out, there'd be a long line of people coming in. Early morning is the best time to see the animals.

I'd also recommend going to the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center in West Yellowstone. We went the last day and then found out that the fee was for two days. We could have easily gone there 2 days. They hide food for the bears and then bring them out for a game of hide and seek. Just make sure you are not mistaken for some food.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:57 AM   #61961

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Tim, you will probably find Yellowstone far less crowded if you visit after RVMoon. Most kids will be back in school. You could spend months there and not see and do everything. Plan as much time as you can afford.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:12 AM   #61962

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
People often ask me if Sena can talk to which I reply, "She speaks Capuchin which I understand and she understands a great deal of our language." Monkeys, and I'm assuming most animals, communicate much better than we do thru body language. I've never tried to mimic Sena's language. It is composed of sounds that are difficult for me to produce. But there must be something universal about that 2 syllable "you better stop now" sound we all make.
Barb... I suspect it is your facial expressions around the eyes and mouth and the intensity with which that sound gets made which gets her attention. When I met Sena the first time... I was unconsciously watching her body language. Funny thing is, I noticed people sort of mimicking her gestures, head tilts, etc. Maybe even a bit of facial expressions. So you might say in a human dominated world... monkey see monkey do is more of a Human see Human do situation with her...LOL! Must hearken back to our infanthood when we would try to mimic our parents faces/sounds to try to learn to communicate. Her expressions are so fast! her mind just races!
Old 12-23-2016, 09:19 AM   #61963

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Tim, you will probably find Yellowstone far less crowded if you visit after RVMoon. Most kids will be back in school. You could spend months there and not see and do everything. Plan as much time as you can afford.
I'd agree with that too. When we go back, I'm thinking it will be early spring after snow melts or in September. At all the touristy areas in the park, the trails were blocked by bus loads of people from another country taking selfies in the middle of trails. You'd have to wait until their pics were taken before the crowd would move on. We were there in July. If you stayed away from the main sites, it was not bad at all. We had lots of virtual geocaches to discover within the park so it took us to lots of out of the way locations.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:46 AM   #61964

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Deb Barb will look at trip from both directions. Had hoped to travel down through Ca on way back. Might be too much to take in in one trip.