Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2017, 07:33 PM   #64247
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Pima Country Fairgrounds. I would look elsewhere lol.
Yeah! They have enough jacka......,er, campers here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Thanks, I had heard I wouldn't have trouble finding a spot in July. Thought we would just look around maybe Tucson then Yuma then on to CA. That area should be safe with all the mutants cleared out.
Take your short shorts with you. It's going to be hot. No pool at Pima. Horse buckets though. Make you feel right at home.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2017, 08:11 PM   #64248

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It has been so sad to see Mutants leaving -- Dwayne, Shara, Jan and Ray yesterday and today -- Dave & Nola, Dave & Carol, Carl, Mac & Boko and Steve & Annie. <sniff>

I extended for an extra day in order to get my trike more secure on it's new perch. Tonight I joined Sue & Martin and Earlene & Wayne for dinner out at a Thai restaurant. Never having dined on Thai cuisine I was at the mercy of my world traveling companions for help. I had egg rolls and a delicious soup made with coconut milk. Luckily nothing I ordered required chop sticks or I would still be trying to get in the first few bites. But we forgot to get PoP so it didn't really happen.

Tim, this park is closed during the summer months. And finding a park with shade trees might be a challenge. Good luck! I heartily recommend southern AZ during the winter, but I baked when I came here in May, 2014 for dental work. July? Not me, no way! Are you sure you wouldn't rather go thru Flagstaff?

Tomorrow morning we leave, all going different ways. I plan to stick around Tucson for a while as it's too early to head north. My plan is to boondock on BLM land in the area. There is a lot to see and do here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:30 PM   #64249

Vintage RV Owners Club
Tim... one thing you might keep in mind... find higher elevation... i hear it's cooler in the summer. Plus, you might find a few trees at higher elevations in the summer for shade.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:31 PM   #64250

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Barb... it is hard to watch mutants mosey on down the rainbow, but it sure is great being together.

While the weather didn't fully cooperate, it had its moments from freezing water droplets on a bench (beautifully captured in PoP by Mr. Round, to sunburned faces the same afternoon. And as always, there were some beautiful moments, weather and otherwise.

Sure is nice to have a new home theatre and 2 new TVs. Thanks again Carl. And thanks also to Martin for sage mutant advice and helping me pick the soundboard and given me the nudge to get the smart TV for the bedroom as well. Now if I only had his hot spot.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:33 PM   #64251

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Tim... one thing you might keep in mind... find higher elevation... i hear it's cooler in the summer. Plus, you might find a few trees at higher elevations in the summer for shade.
I'm pretty sure these pine trees will be here in Benson... [emoji3]
Old 02-26-2017, 08:37 PM   #64252

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Marty I think I get what your saying,

So I should try to stay HIGH.
Got it!
Old 02-26-2017, 08:44 PM   #64253

Vintage RV Owners Club
You gonna git me into trouble, bruther
Old 02-26-2017, 09:32 PM   #64254

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
You gonna git me into trouble, bruther

Hope to see y'all at the Mooning!
Old 02-26-2017, 09:53 PM   #64255

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
It has been so sad to see Mutants leaving -- Dwayne, Shara, Jan and Ray yesterday and today -- Dave & Nola, Dave & Carol, Carl, Mac & Boko and Steve & Annie. <sniff>
That is one of the sad moments of RVMdom. We play hard and hate to see everyone vamoose. Denise and I are thankful to Dwaye and Shara for inviting us to stay with them in Bullhead City after PIMA. It made our departure north a little longer and the in between time very enjoyable.
Quote:
I extended for an extra day in order to get my trike more secure on it's new perch. Tonight I joined Sue & Martin and Earlene & Wayne for dinner out at a Thai restaurant. Never having dined on Thai cuisine I was at the mercy of my world traveling companions for help. I had egg rolls and a delicious soup made with coconut milk. Luckily nothing I ordered required chop sticks or I would still be trying to get in the first few bites. But we forgot to get PoP so it didn't really happen.
How did I know you would enjoy Denise's favorite Thai soup. We are away from home right now but we will call you when we get back to our own telephone system.
Quote:

Tim, this park is closed during the summer months. And finding a park with shade trees might be a challenge. Good luck! I heartily recommend southern AZ during the winter, but I baked when I came here in May, 2014 for dental work. July? Not me, no way! Are you sure you wouldn't rather go thru Flagstaff?

Tomorrow morning we leave, all going different ways. I plan to stick around Tucson for a while as it's too early to head north. My plan is to boondock on BLM land in the area. There is a lot to see and do here.
Keep your fingers crossed. Denise and I are parked on a road in Campbell River and are basically trapped by the snow. It started coming down when we arrived and was still falling earlier today. We are both ready for some warmth.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:00 PM   #64256

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
When you leave Seattle, you might consider stopping at Snowqualmie Falls and maybe a side trip to Leavenworth, a Bavarian village setting.
Movie buff's... this is the falls in the "Twin Peaks" series. Then if you continue East over Snowqualmie Pass, North of Cle Elum, is Roslyn WA, where the series "Northern Exposures" was filmed.
Now in a Class C Coachman Leperchaun, trailer towing a 1950 Crosley Station wagon, or a '42 Pick-Up. Member of the Non-Affiliated Camping Group FMCA #F462997 RVM #146 Jon & Ellen
Eyephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:07 PM   #64257

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi Eyephoto

Curious if you are (were?) a member of the Crosley Owners Club and if so did you ever meet Lee Arthur from Indiana?
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:07 PM   #64258
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim, I agree that I-40 is the cooler route to take. We traveled it to get to Oceanside, CA. in May of last year and it was 10 degrees cooler than I-10 or I-20. From Kingman, AZ to anywhere West is going to be hot but still the better option.

I would personally take I-40 over to I-15S after having traveled both I-10 and I-40. I-8 on Westward is very up and down. Short grades but steep in my opinion.

In any case, have a very safe and mechanically uneventful trip.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:17 PM   #64259

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sitting Here Sunday Night and Pondering...

about the Curiosity. Met some new people, made some new friends, had some really good meals at restaurants, ate some really good Mutant prepared food (and survived...). Speaking of surviving, survived the grueling Rite of Initiation from both sides this week. Met several new furry friends (animals of course, the humans were all clean shaven most of the time...). All in all, had a great time and glad Carol and I came. Now when's the next one so I can aim us in that direction?

Dave
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:34 PM   #64260

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
about the Curiosity. Met some new people, made some new friends, had some really good meals at restaurants, ate some really good Mutant prepared food (and survived...). Speaking of surviving, survived the grueling Rite of Initiation from both sides this week. Met several new furry friends (animals of course, the humans were all clean shaven most of the time...). All in all, had a great time and glad Carol and I came. Now when's the next one so I can aim us in that direction?

Dave
Taking the official initiation to heart poke poke...

So August in Oregon... the Great RV Mooning!