RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2017, 10:34 PM   #64261

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Taking the official initiation to heart poke poke...

So August in Oregon... the Great RV Mooning!
And BTW Dave - when ya can - post a pic of a model or two!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2017, 06:22 AM   #64262

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Curious if you are (were?) a member of the Crosley Owners Club and if so did you ever meet Lee Arthur from Indiana?
I am a member of the CCOC, and have been to the Crosley Gathering in Wauseon, OH, three times now. I have met and photographed many members, as I helped the editor of the club's magazine. I don't recall his name, but that doesn't mean I haven't met him.
#1- My rig getting ready to go to Ohio.
#2- Me getting into position for my next shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tow Crosley.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	153207   Click image for larger version

Name:	PH down.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	379.6 KB
ID:	153208  

Now in a Class C Coachman Leperchaun, trailer towing a 1950 Crosley Station wagon, or a '42 Pick-Up. Member of the Non-Affiliated Camping Group FMCA #F462997 RVM #146 Jon & Ellen
Eyephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:25 AM   #64263

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Tim, I agree that I-40 is the cooler route to take. We traveled it to get to Oceanside, CA. in May of last year and it was 10 degrees cooler than I-10 or I-20. From Kingman, AZ to anywhere West is going to be hot but still the better option.

I would personally take I-40 over to I-15S after having traveled both I-10 and I-40. I-8 on Westward is very up and down. Short grades but steep in my opinion.

In any case, have a very safe and mechanically uneventful trip.
Thanks for the concern, I do value your input, as a matter of fact yours and Earline's e-mails on the trip up the coast pretty much planned our route. Looking at the average temps for points west of Williams, AZ it looks pretty hot also and we're trying to avoid travaling over the same route time and time again. But I still have time to change my mind!
Old 02-27-2017, 07:57 AM   #64264

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Thanks for the concern, I do value your input, as a matter of fact yours and Earline's e-mails on the trip up the coast pretty much planned our route. Looking at the average temps for points west of Williams, AZ it looks pretty hot also and we're trying to avoid travaling over the same route time and time again. But I still have time to change my mind!

Tim, my trusted cohort in mischief, I like you enough to provide my best advice.
Go North, young man! There is much to see and enjoy on ANY route, but July begs for about 20 degrees less in discomfort.
I can provide much in the way of sights and fun along this route:

Name:	IMG_4377.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	153216

Name:	IMG_4378.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	153217
Just your old buddy, trying to give you a solution to the 100 to 115F treachery.

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:03 AM   #64265

The drive to Ajo was gorgeous, but I had lost my Travel Butt during the stays in Benson and Tucson; 3 stops!
Ajo Heights RV park is really superb.

Name:	IMG_4379.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	369.9 KB
ID:	153218

Name:	IMG_4380.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	153219

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:14 AM   #64266
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave, RVM66, I'd suggest you call the park in Oregon and put your name on the waiting list for the RVMoon GC. The official dates are August 17-24 but most of us are staying 2 weeks or more. You can't miss the TOTAL Eclipse on Aug 21st! Also, we'll have a pavilion so Mutant gatherings are likely to include RVM olympics, a piñata bash and a few potlucks. Here's a link to the park. Remember to tell Laurie you are a Mutant.

River Mountain RV Park | Idanha, detroit lake, sisters,river mt rv
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:23 AM   #64267
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So Possum, did ya remember to bring Gracie's snowshoes? Be careful! Now repeat after me -- "winter in Arizona, summer in PNW"
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:18 AM   #64268

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
It has been so sad to see Mutants leaving -- Dwayne, Shara, Jan and Ray yesterday and today -- Dave & Nola, Dave & Carol, Carl, Mac & Boko and Steve & Annie. <sniff>

I extended for an extra day in order to get my trike more secure on it's new perch. Tonight I joined Sue & Martin and Earlene & Wayne for dinner out at a Thai restaurant. Never having dined on Thai cuisine I was at the mercy of my world traveling companions for help. I had egg rolls and a delicious soup made with coconut milk. Luckily nothing I ordered required chop sticks or I would still be trying to get in the first few bites. But we forgot to get PoP so it didn't really happen.

Tim, this park is closed during the summer months. And finding a park with shade trees might be a challenge. Good luck! I heartily recommend southern AZ during the winter, but I baked when I came here in May, 2014 for dental work. July? Not me, no way! Are you sure you wouldn't rather go thru Flagstaff?

Tomorrow morning we leave, all going different ways. I plan to stick around Tucson for a while as it's too early to head north. My plan is to boondock on BLM land in the area. There is a lot to see and do here.
A J*b well done Barb. We need to give you the sacred title "Worthy Mutant Organizer Of Many Gatherings" WMOOMG Do I hear an "Oh Yeah"?
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:47 AM   #64269

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Tim, my trusted cohort in mischief, I like you enough to provide my best advice.
Go North, young man! There is much to see and enjoy on ANY route, but July begs for about 20 degrees less in discomfort.
I can provide much in the way of sights and fun along this route:
Attachment 153216
Attachment 153217
Just your old buddy, trying to give you a solution to the 100 to 115F treachery.
Thanks Dave, but that route looks similar to our return route. I was going up that way but decided to come through Yellostone after schools back in. So our loop puts us crossing AZ in mid July then touring up left coast to RVMooning then Seattle then back through Yellostone and home.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #64270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post

Keep your fingers crossed. Denise and I are parked on a road in Campbell River and are basically trapped by the snow. It started coming down when we arrived and was still falling earlier today. We are both ready for some warmth.
Haven't heard .... Are you untrapped? Did you find some warmth? I'm a bit concerned!
Old 02-27-2017, 11:58 AM   #64271

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
The drive to Ajo was gorgeous, but I had lost my Travel Butt during the stays in Benson and Tucson; 3 stops!
Ajo Heights RV park is really superb.
Attachment 153218
Attachment 153219
Lovely shots. You'll enjoy the place, and all the desert space. We did a daytrip there several years ago.

Cheers!
Old 02-27-2017, 12:02 PM   #64272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
A J*b well done Barb. We need to give you the sacred title "Worthy Mutant Organizer Of Many Gatherings" WMOOMG Do I hear an "Oh Yeah"?
Oh Yeah! Put that into the Mutant List of Ancient Titles. This was maybe the best yet. Less structured, very relaxed. Thanks, Barb!
Old 02-27-2017, 12:07 PM   #64273

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just exchanged txt with Carl. Having some lunch and fuel stop midway through Texas (Junction). He's doing great with no more detours...

Safe travel to mutants everywhere!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:11 PM   #64274

PoP:

Name:	20170227_104031.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	153252

Name:	20170227_104118.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	153253

I drove around both clockwise & widdershins, left & right turns, figure 8s, and backed into a space -- twice. Even better, I missed all obstacles, like block buildings, potholes & ditches.

😊 😁 😅

Martin even said he is proud of me. Now if I can just remember the sequence to start & get underway, I'll be fine!