RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2017, 08:15 PM   #64317

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Tonight's dinner - Bangers and Mash. Thanks again, Wayne

Attachment 153422

The leftover mash and cabbage will go towards making Bubble and Squeak for tomorrow's breakfast.

In the meantime, Sue had home made Tamales from Patagonia. What a cosmopolitan couple we are!

Bangers, mash, cabbage, bubble, squeak and tamales.
Sounds like a hot tub party with a side smorgasbord!
It was grand, I'm sure.

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2017, 08:22 PM   #64318

Rain yesterday and this AM. This made for a low pollen day and adventures in Ajo!
The visitor center
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4394.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	153424

Name:	IMG_4392.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	399.4 KB
ID:	153425
The copper mine

Name:	IMG_4396.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	153426

Old 02-28-2017, 08:25 PM   #64319

More:
The desert colors

Name:	IMG_4406.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	422.2 KB
ID:	153427

Name:	IMG_4408.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	153428

Name:	IMG_4413.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	512.9 KB
ID:	153429

Old 02-28-2017, 08:37 PM   #64320

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Thanks to our international travelers Sue, Martin, Earlene and Wayne I had an introduction to Thai cuisine Sunday night! I really enjoyed the subtle flavors and the interesting inedible plants like bamboo, lemongrass and lime leaves that flavored the soup. And the egg rolls were probably the best I've ever tried. Of course I couldn't eat it all so I brought some home.

Sena saw the container of Thai soup in the fridge and insisted on having some. Uncertain how she would like it I only gave her about a tablespoon of the liquid. At first she lifted up the small bowl and tasted the contents with just the very tip of her tongue. Her reaction was rather mixed and I thought maybe it was too cold. When I asked for the bowl back to warm it she took it up to her space on the cabover where I couldn't reach it. "It's mine and you can't have it."

I watched as she found one of her spoons (the 4" plastic tasting spoons I bring home from Costco) and dipped it into the soup. This time she licked soup out of the spoon, but she was still acting puzzled -- as if she couldn't decide if she liked it or not. I returned to what I was doing and later found the bowl abandoned which means she decided she didn't like it.

As for me, I loved it! But it doesn't love me. Right as I got home Sunday pm I had a reaction that was much like lactose intolerance. When I searched online I found that many people are coconut milk intolerant. Boo Hiss! There is not a pill like Lactaid to help so next time I'll have the soup without coconut milk in it.

We have moved to Snyder Hill -- the BLM land SE of Tucson. The sun is finally out, but the wind is rather fierce. :-( We are staying in today recovering, but I plan to get out and see the sights of this area, which are numerous.

I sure miss my Mutey sisters and brothers!
I'm so sorry you had such a lousy reaction! Ruined an otherwise lovely evening, which was more fun shared.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:38 PM   #64321

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
I'm so sorry you had such a lousy reaction! Ruined an otherwise lovely evening, which was more fun shared.
We alerted Dave and Deb that you and Martin are there somewhere. She said something about a gin and tonic.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:43 PM   #64322

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Rain yesterday and this AM. This made for a low pollen day and adventures in Ajo!
The visitor center
Attachment 153424
Attachment 153425
The copper mine
Attachment 153426
Love your capture of the collonade w/its shadows. And the flowers, of course, are always a welcome sight out here.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:44 PM   #64323
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ok, I finally figured it out.

I use the IRV2 full site on my iPad. Up until today there has always been a quick reply box at the bottom of every page. I never used the quick reply button that is at the bottom right side of every post.

Well guess what has disappeared? My handy dandy quick reply box. I was having to go to the app to reply. Talk about putting a muzzle on me. I know some will be sad to know my muzzle has been removed but I'm relieved to have my voice back.

Change gets harder to handle every year.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:51 PM   #64324
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Actually, it wasn't that bad. I guess you could say it was a quick solution to an unknown problem and I was back to normal in a matter of minutes.

Nothing short of an emergency room visit would have diminished the lovely time with good friends. I look forward to enjoying the coconut milk free version of that soup. I bet the flavors will be even more delightful -- with zero after effects.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:52 PM   #64325

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
We alerted Dave and Deb that you and Martin are there somewhere. She said something about a gin and tonic.
Oh good! She has a special tonic, and I have an elderflower cordial to add. I'd hate for us to have missed all that. We may be flyin low!

Debbie, if you're reading this, we are in site #321. On the left as you drive in, out in the boonies near the dragstrip. The scenic area ....! 🏎 🏁 😎
Old 02-28-2017, 10:25 PM   #64326

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyephoto View Post
There is the "driven" as in miles to drive.... then there is the "driven" as in 'I have a goal to meet, and nothing is going to stand in my way!'

Well, today the "goal" was to get as close to the Florida RV park as possible and I'm about an hour away at a Pilot for the night. Fueled up so good to go in the a.m. Yesterday I was "driven" to a big mileage day so today was actually less than yesterday, especially since I stopped before 11 pm tonight! Tomorrow we'll roll into the RV park, setup and I'll still have most of the day off to enjoy, maybe take a bike ride.

I will say, after leaving that dry desert and rolling into TX, from there on, the temperatures were nice and warm. I still find it hard to believe the desire to sit in such cold over winter months when there are places much warmer! LOL
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:30 PM   #64327
MPH

So how was the Tucson GC? We thought about you!

Life is good as park hosts. We'll be taking a 6 month break from hosting to spend time with friends in KY, kids in MI, cousins in MN, and Mutants in OR. Then it's back to Texas for a hosting gig Oct - Dec.

We've loved being near our grandkids! Gwen will be 3 in May. Here we are on the way to the playground....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1604.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	372.6 KB
ID:	153437  
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:33 PM   #64328

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well done Carl. There was something proposed and carried re your new, official mutant moniker... but I don't recall... we're heading about 2 hours up 10 in the morning. Oh the humanity.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:44 PM   #64329

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Next week looks like it will be nice.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2017-02-28-21-40-02-1.png
Views:	35
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	153438  
Old 02-28-2017, 11:12 PM   #64330
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Ditto, Carl.
Hey, Muteys, is there any reason the RVM Ancient Scrolls should NOT list Carl as the Official RVM Most Driven Driver, as in "He may drive like crazy, but he's Mutant" eh?
Take care, Carl. The Mooning is looming.
You have proven you Mutanity in making Flor-Izona twice a week.
I think it's appropriate. and I'd suggest a nickname ...."Coast to Coast Carl" aka "CCC"
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote