Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2017, 11:39 PM   #64709

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Have you got a game plan? We are on the go a bit but here in Casa Grande till the first.

Will be in Mesa on Monday.
Not sure yet, but may try Carefree at Apache Jct. on Passport America, since the Wild West at Maricopa doesn't give P.A. discount till April.

Will keep ya posted.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2017, 11:40 PM   #64710

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
And here I was shopping for a new one. I really need a keyboard if MARLG etc are ever gonna be completed. Just a matter of time - but I have proven I can't write it with my thumbs on this phone and pad is a weird size - too big for thumbs and too small for qwerty...

Carl showed me his little wireless keyboard. May try that with the pad.
I bought a really nice HP unit from Costco before I found a replacement keyboard for the old laptop. Pretty much this one.
https://www.costco.com/HP-Pavilion-1...100314589.html
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:44 PM   #64711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Anyone know anything about android boxes?
Say whuuut?

Got a android, threw away the box.

(Ok, I looked em up. TV boxes for streaming, right?) Reviewer I read was not impressed; he said there are better options.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:44 PM   #64712

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So for now its....
It's my old Fujitsu... chugging along...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170310_233828.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	154472  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:04 AM   #64713

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Say whuuut?

Got a android, threw away the box.

(Ok, I looked em up. TV boxes for streaming, right?) Reviewer I read was not impressed; he said there are better options.
I picked one up for under a bill and I am not computer savvy enough to get it to do what I need it to do. Like my supplier said, after the first ten movies you watch the rest are free at today's prices.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:59 AM   #64714

We both have Ipad Pro..... my kaptop hasnt been on in a year and a half...... turbotax on APPLE too.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:23 AM   #64715

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Got a Mac in the early 90's, never actually used that crap that got BG so rich, hate that stuff. Won't even get paid to w*#k on it! Every person I know that went the same route has never regretted it. But I get it, folks use what they're comfortable with or what they're used to, just like buying brand new RV's that have 100 things wrong with them, it's just the way things are. It just still boggles my mind what people will subject themselves to and pay for it.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:42 AM   #64716

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

Also - has the Samsung held up well?
BTW...make sure they remove the service access plate on the new refrigerator before they put it in place. It is amazing how often one or 2 screws that hold the plate on the back of the refer will be covered by the framework. Generally, if that was to be the case you can slide that cover between the framework and the refer and secure it with anywhere from 2-3 screws that won't be covered.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:04 AM   #64717

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hay hay!
Tie died shirts and clown faces. Maybe we can get arrested!
Most assuredly we'll create lots of smiles and a few hearty belly laughs. What could be more Mutant?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:12 AM   #64718

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Hey Possum, I thought an innuendo was an Italian suppository.

That one is a 3 pointer!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:22 AM   #64719
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Hey Possum, I thought an innuendo was an Italian suppository.
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

That one is a 3 pointer!
Yep!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:30 AM   #64720

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Possum's right about Windoze 10! When it starts downloading and updating you might as well go do something else for an hour or two!

I have W7. No nonsense. But I keep it updated!
Had notification that 7 would not be supported by now. Ha!
Camp wifi is nuff to keep it updated; once a month is nuff.
Turbo Tax! That's for peeps with deductions. E-File is FREE to us PO foke! About 45 minutes. [emoji1]
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #64721
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
In my previous life I did forensic investigations on misused computers. When I say misused I mean doing other than company business or viewing inappropriate images during work time. About 99% of them were Microsoft operating systems and my personal computer was the same. No, my computer at work was not misused - I got to look as part of the job. :-)

In 2007 I retired from the W$*K force and so did Earlene. She had an Apple computer in lives past and as a retirement present she asked for an Apple computer. We bought one and have never looked back. So much easier to operate, more intuitive, no cost for operating system upgrade, less vulnerable to viruses and malware, cleaner, faster, and more stable operating system than Microsoft systems. The owner of a MAC can run Windows on their computer. A Windows user cannot run MAC on their computer. Thunderbolt connectivity is faster than USB 2.0 or 3.0.

Many of the manufacturers of operating systems capable of running only Windows software have "Bloatware" in the system that degrades performance and make the systems less stable. Apple computers typically have better materials than Window platforms which use more plastics material.

The list can go on and on. For sure Apple computers are more expensive thant Android computers.

The bottom line: One should buy what they think is best for them and what meets their needs.

My hardware: iMac 27, MacBookPro, MacMini, iPad (1st Gen), iPad (4th Gen), Apple TV, iPhone 6, iPhone 7. All of them work seamlessly with each other. All software syncs with all of the hardware.

Nice to have choice for which you prefer.

p.s., I took over her computer and only let her use it once in a while.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #64722

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
In 2007 I retired from the W$*K force and so did Earlene. She had an Apple computer in lives past and as a retirement present she asked for an Apple computer. We bought one and have never looked back. So much easier to operate, more intuitive, no cost for operating system upgrade, less vulnerable to viruses and malware, cleaner, faster, and more stable operating system than Microsoft systems. The owner of a MAC can run Windows on their computer. A Windows user cannot run MAC on their computer. Thunderbolt connectivity is faster than USB 2.0 or 3.0....
One thing that really sold me on MACs was the recovery process. The first MAC Pro we bought went belly up in 2 weeks due to a hardware failure. Best Buy did an exchange and I brought a brand new unit. I had full backups via Time Machine. I fired up the new MAC then after the usual set up and upgrading the OS I restored the rest from Time Machine. DONE! That also included my Windows OS running through Parallels. Total time including set up, downloads and restoration was less than 2 hours. What was great is that I didn't have to do anything with the Windows OS or programs! Windows is such a PITA to re-install.

About 2 years later I bought my MACBOOK and transferring my desktop to the laptop was just as quick and easy. When I replaced the regular hard drive with a solid state hard drive...just as easy again!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote