Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2017, 06:40 AM   #64989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Okay, quick! Tips for Wickenburg & Kingman? Looking for a couple of days at least at the former, a week or so at the latter.

I'm hoping for a less urban type cg, FHU, but don't need a pool. Quiet would be nice, black night skies even better.

Any recommendations?

Have not stayed at either city.

Wickenburg looks like a crap shoot, not much to choose from! Don't miss the Desert Caballeros Western Museum. Downright nifty!

In Kingman, KOA would be my choice. The Route 66 and the Andy Devine museums are great.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2017, 06:57 AM   #64990

Fleetwood Owners Club
Great time with some really fun mutants last night and funny too. Seems a mutant can't put on slacks and dress shirt without drawing comments, starting with Jackie not recognizing me when we drove up.

Larry you and Di were not forgotten and we will rely on y'all to let us know when your up to a mutant visit. You both were missed.

Have safe travels mutants
Old 03-19-2017, 07:08 AM   #64991

Fleetwood Owners Club
Some observations from last nights mini. Queen Ann looked marvelous and King Richard looked like he needed to set on a throne

From overhearing conversation it appears Jackie and Ed are adjusting well to the full time statis, some expected adjustments to storage, some unnecessary items and too much of others but mainly Ed's stuff is getting in Jackies way.

We're not full timers and we still have that problem!

Wayne, your phone acting up?

Possum, just wait for the paybacks! Ever been spoked by a bunch of clowns!
Old 03-19-2017, 07:34 AM   #64992

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Barb... tell me again what the company name was here in Kansas where you got your tow plate and package?( Whatever the heck it is all called... lthe thing you tow Smarty with)
My tow bar is from Ready Brake in Iola but I found a better price online. It has the supplemental braking for the toad built in. I also use their safety cables and breakaway device. They send great DIY instructions and there are videos online. My base plate is made by Demco, also bought online. It included very detailed DIY instructions specific to Smarty.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #64993

American Coach Owners Club
R U a mutant

Who would of thunk it, Tim can cook.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170319_095234.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	155276  
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:14 AM   #64994
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Sure it wasn't a visit from one of Dennis' relatives??
He is catty, right?

Quote:
Okay, quick! Tips for Wickenburg & Kingman? Looking for a couple of days at least at the former, a week or so at the latter.

I'm hoping for a less urban type cg, FHU, but don't need a pool. Quiet would be nice, black night skies even better.

Any recommendations?
We have stayed at the KOA in Kingman. Spaces were a "little" tight but there were hedges on each side for some privacy.

Don't know about Wickenburg but Sunflower RV park is 33 miles South and we have stayed there as a convenience when visiting one of Earlene's friends. We would stay there again. The amenities are great but you will have to ride to get to them. This is a "retirement" park/community and they state there are 1150 sites. Only about 30 of them are the "RV Park" and they are way to the back side of the community. The RV's are parked facing opposite directions in the pull thru with a common center island for FHU.

Sunflower Map

Happy now?

Come back to Texas City. We are enjoying excellent weather. High today of 79˚ with the lows in the 60's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Great time with some really fun mutants last night and funny too. Seems a mutant can't put on slacks and dress shirt without drawing comments, starting with Jackie not recognizing me when we drove up.

Larry you and Di were not forgotten and we will rely on y'all to let us know when your up to a mutant visit. You both were missed.

Have safe travels mutants
Oh my gosh! Jackie, how in the world could you forget ugliness! He'd scare the bark off of a tree.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:47 AM   #64995

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Look what happens when I go to sleep early! Sue snags 65 K -- congrats! Ed and Jackie hook up with 2/3 of the Arkie scallywags and Marty declares her intention to tow a toad. Oh the humanity!

We had a grueling day yesterday.. Our Quartzsite friends, Max and Sati are camped with us at a wonderful spot in the Coconino NF. On Friday we cut our walk short when we noticed a pickup pulling a stock trailer down by our rigs. We walked back down and met Tony, a foreman from a nearby ranch.

Tony is filling this HUGE tractor tire that has been modified into a stock tank with water. The water comes from a nearby ancient, rusty water tank after being pumped from the ranch 3.5 miles away. Ranchers lease grazing rights in the National Forests. Our wonderful camping spot is about to become the only water source for the 80 bulls that Tony and his men plan to drive into this pasture on Saturday. Ok, time for us to move. In 2 weeks Tony will move 3,000 "mama cows" into this same area. Ah, it must be Spring.

While we are chatting with Tony, Sena gets bored and decides to leave us and run home (about 200 feet). Sati gives chase and 3 dogs from Tony's truck jump up to follow. Tony whistles and all 3 stop dead in their tracks. Tony says, "back to the truck!" and they immediately return to the truck and lie down in the shade. These are working cattle dogs and they know to obey the boss! Sati needed 3 commands to return and Lily is standing there wondering what just happened. She knows that chasing Sena will only lead to trouble.

Next we take Max's car and go scout out a new place to park. After going down 3 nearby forest roads we decide that moving about 1/2 mile to the top of a small hill in the same area is the best choice.

Packing us up to move 1/2 mile is easy and I then go help Max with his travel trailer. While I am getting our home leveled I look over to see that Max's trailer tongue is sitting at an odd angle. It had slipped off the thingy that was placed under the jack and it needs to be raised with a bottle jack

So Max and I start putting wood 4 x 4s under the trailer's tongue and a family of 4 drive up the road. The Dad, Scott, jumps out to help us dig down so we could get the bottle jacks under the tongue and the trailer is free. We are able to help Scout nocate his friends locate his friends who are down the next road west.

Phew! Are you tied yet? We were! But it took a trip into the hardware store for heavier wood blocks before we could be sure Max's trailer was secure. I am SO glad I bought a motor home.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:34 AM   #64996

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
So awright awready! May I claim the golden unicorn for this unworthy post?
You're the winner!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-03-19+09.31.15.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	155294  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:35 AM   #64997

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Barb, after 65,000 posts you're gonna let a little bull bother you? Who woulda thunk.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:01 AM   #64998

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Congrats Sue on 65000!! Here ya go....

Tx tor that, Ken! Wonder if it will look good on our mantel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
My tow bar is from Ready Brake in Iola but I found a better price online. It has the supplemental braking for the toad built in. I also use their safety cables and breakaway device. They send great DIY instructions and there are videos online. My base plate is made by Demco, also bought online. It included very detailed DIY instructions specific to Smarty.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:36 AM   #64999

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I'm kinda looking for that insert thingy (brake buddy) that actually activates the brakes with the pulled cable. I have ll the required cabling and end loops to install in George but I don't want to install it until I have the surge activator. I've been looking for one but haven't found a used one yet.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:59 AM   #65000

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
You're the winner!
Now it's official. Thank you, sir!

Did y'all get all those decisions made to satisfaction all round? And recovered? Or is it ongoing?

We can't let all those other mutants get away w/having minis while us'ns are so nearby. What say you to a trip out west, Wild West, in fact, one aft/eve after the air cools enough to be comfy outside?
Old 03-19-2017, 01:05 PM   #65001

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Now it's official. Thank you, sir!

Did y'all get all those decisions made to satisfaction all round? And recovered? Or is it ongoing?

We can't let all those other mutants get away w/having minis while us'ns are so nearby. What say you to a trip out west, Wild West, in fact, one aft/eve after the air cools enough to be comfy outside?
We're still off loading to storage - and trying to determine who will do the work... and where we will stay.

8 days ago on Yelp the wild west was reviewed...
Don't believe any of the favorable reviews they are posted by the A... hole owners. They want to con you into making the trip. Then they get you to pay the special advance saving rate.
As soon as you have a problem with the smelly bathrooms and won't buy meth they go about trying to evict you. Stay away.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #65002

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
We're still off loading to storage - and trying to determine who will do the work... and where we will stay.

8 days ago on Yelp the wild west was reviewed...
Don't believe any of the favorable reviews they are posted by the A... hole owners. They want to con you into making the trip. Then they get you to pay the special advance saving rate.
As soon as you have a problem with the smelly bathrooms and won't buy meth they go about trying to evict you. Stay away.
Seriously??? Not knowing the reviewer, I can't honestly say anything about his mental health, but certainly that review is a bonus load of c.r.a.p.! A little anger management might be a good option for him, & perhaps a healthy dose of Attitude Adjustment.

Nash & Deanna have been nothing but super, bending over backward to please us, from finding the best site for us, to bringing fresh eggs, to arranging best pricing for our stay. People, including us, return year on year, some spending the entire winter.

Now, back to y'all & Bonita. We thought you had a place arranged & had already chosen the workshop. I know better than to think you've been a-settin around practicing your thumb twiddles!

Here I am, getting set to make a cinnabon cake and collecting tortillas and cheese and pickles and olives and such. Who's to help us snarf all that up?!

Guess I'll take some cake to Nash & Deanna. (Sheesh!)