Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2017, 06:28 PM   #65199

Hello. My husband and I are in the market for an RV. We are rookies to this lifestyle. We found a 2012 Fleetwood Bounder 35K today. It is immaculate and has very nice amenities. The price is right. It has about 41,000 miles. This is a big purchase and would like some feedback. ??
mamyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2017, 07:08 PM   #65200

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sorry Wayne, we drove through Houston today, in Beaumont tonight. I just now went online. We've got reservations next week for Southern Florida, or we'd stop buy.
Beautiful day in Texas!!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:37 PM   #65201

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamyc View Post
Hello. My husband and I are in the market for an RV. We are rookies to this lifestyle. We found a 2012 Fleetwood Bounder 35K today. It is immaculate and has very nice amenities. The price is right. It has about 41,000 miles. This is a big purchase and would like some feedback. ??
First, welcome to the forum and to our thread. Sadly you have stumbled onto a group of rvers that one might consider to have mutant opinions. Might I suggest you start a new thread asking that question and I would suspect it will get the most serious responce.

Second, since I'm the only one on this thread that can be serious here is my opinion. Buying used is smart, check maintenance records if they have any, follow up with a reputable Rv inspection and don't believe anyone, check it out! There are a lot of good coaches out there so do your homework, if it don't look or sound like a great deal, pass. There's more to be had! Good luck!
Old 03-25-2017, 07:49 PM   #65202

Thanks
Old 03-25-2017, 07:56 PM   #65203

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Fleetwood Bounder is a good model. If possible have inspection done. If not possible then these are some things you can do.
1 check tire dates, they should be fine on a 2012.. if they are older than 5 years but less than 7, ok. Any more than 7 negotiate new tires.

2, check thoroughly your ceiling inside for any signs of water, and all the walls inside also.

3 stand at the front and rear corners looking down each side to make sure sides of RV are straight and true. Any bubbles or bulges, look for another RV.

4 Check EVERY light switch, EVERY 110 volt plug, every faucet and toilet. Turn on water heater, wait 20 minutes make sure you have hot water.

5 start the generator, and make sure it powers EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE AIR-CONDITIONERS. Check the A/C units and thermostats. Let the Generator run for 30 minutes.

6 Check the operation of the refrigerator. Get a cheap thermometer, put inside the refrigerator when you first start your inspection. Your inspection should take a couple hours, and by then the refrigerator should be cool. Better yet, ask the owner or dealer to turn on fridge at least 12 hours before you come to inspect. If it has a residential refer, you should be able to check cooling very quickly. If it has the standard Propane/electric refer it will take 8-12 hours to cool down to below 40.

Finally drive it. The reason I say drive it last, is because if you drive it first, you will get all giddy imagining owning it, and fall in love with it. This makes it very hard to be objective during the inspection.

Do all these thing and be prepared to accept the fact that many things still could go wrong. That's just part of owning a RV.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:05 PM   #65204

Quote:
Thanks

7. If the Journey is your destination, you have come to the right thread!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:07 PM   #65205

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Maybe Sarah W will come along... I think they have this model.

Welcome.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:11 PM   #65206

Great tips. Thanks
Old 03-25-2017, 08:12 PM   #65207

I was referred to your site by Melanie and Kate.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:28 PM   #65208

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I was referred to your site by Melanie and Kate.
Well all bets are off then...
Lol.

Two of our favorite folks. So you know you wandered in on a bunch of RV Mutants then...
Old 03-25-2017, 09:00 PM   #65209

Vintage RV Owners Club
NO way to keep up unless you live on this thread...LOL! OK. I think I got caught up form yesterday. Hi... Glad Larry is doing well. Prayers for Queen Ann to regain better health. Anyone else out there needing oms? Oh let's see... Dave66 needs Mohms, so some of those for him too.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:12 PM   #65210

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
NO way to keep up unless you live on this thread...LOL! OK. I think I got caught up form yesterday. Hi... Glad Larry is doing well. Prayers for Queen Ann to regain better health. Anyone else out there needing oms? Oh let's see... Dave66 needs Mohms, so some of those for him too.
Second it.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:05 AM   #65211

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Started the day ordering the refrigeragor - March 29th delivery date. Took another load to storage this morning after a little IHOP breakfast. It's coming together. Will be glad to have it behind us.
Are you ready to hazard a guess yet as to what percentage of the stuff you moved out of Bonita will be going back in? This sure is the hard way to do a whole house cull and reorganization. And a very pricey way, too!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:14 AM   #65212

This morning I took a last desert walk from our cg before we moved on. A friendly (ouchie!) mesquite tree offered shade for a quick rest. It is, at least, blooming.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170325_095747.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	156085

I was looking for a stone circle, 2nd to the peace sign circle I'd seen last year. When adults make such a structure in the desert, you might get this:

Name:	20170325_101719.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	156086

Name:	20170325_101740.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	156087

When youngsters build one, you might get this: