RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2017, 07:19 PM   #65437

Tim..... we will gladly share the ohms.... they are powerful for sure....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2017, 07:29 PM   #65438

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Thanks for the concerns for our family, we always could use prayers, ohms and hugs!

I'm currently setting with 5 Barbies and a Real Doll in and around my chair. Have to check the thread to get back to reality, well mutant reality!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Tim..... we will gladly share the ohms.... they are powerful for sure....
Glad everyone is OK and y'all know the Ohms will continue.

Looking forward to visiting again sooner than later.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:37 PM   #65439

Hello all,

We are sending healing ommmmmmssss to those that need them, and even if you don't, there are some for you. We are back on the house hunt, the place my daughter had hoped to get was snapped up by another bidder, the market here in the valley is brutal.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:51 PM   #65440

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Hey mutants.... we went out to eat...... after the Dr appointment, but it was the first time since January.... of course, Larry didnt have his wallet....

Attachment 157070 Attachment 157071

Doesnt he look great?
Look great, well for what you got to work with!
Actually Larry you do look great.
First trip out and it's Dave's Burgers?
Old 04-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #65441

Quote:
Hey mutants.... we went out to eat...... after the Dr appointment, but it was the first time since January.... of course, Larry didnt have his wallet....

Doesnt he look great?
Smart a$$ that he is, of *course* he didn't have his wallet. He ain't no dummy!

Oh boy does he look great! And just what did you say to him??? Rude, I betcha ... or "Are you paying?" Or is that rude?

Can't tell you how pleased we are that you're both back here. Mushy, mushy....
Old 04-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #65442

Worse...... Firehouse Subs.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:10 PM   #65443

Dang! Another AZ sunset ... 360* around and 180* over the top. Can't stand it!

No PoP of sunset (how would you do it justice, anyway?), but here's what was left of lunch next door at the Cool Water Café:

Raspberry/blackberry pie a la mode, handmade by owner/chef Brenda. Her homemade bread for a sub was delish.

We're moving over there to her place, Hidden Oasis RV Park, tomorrow!

Wide place in the road, this. I love it!
Old 04-03-2017, 09:14 PM   #65444

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Worse...... Firehouse Subs.....
I'm with Larry there, I like Fire house subs. Should have caught the fireman's coat in the second picture.

One last comment before bedtime, God is Good, All the Time!
Old 04-03-2017, 09:16 PM   #65445

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
We're about settled into the Park Model at Paradise RV Resort. Can you say close quarters?
NO slides???

Quote:

Doesnt he look great?
Yes he does look great - keep it going in that direction Larry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Thanks for the concerns for our family, we always could use prayers, ohms and hugs!

I'm currently setting with 5 Barbies and a Real Doll in and around my chair. Have to check the thread to get back to reality, well mutant reality!
Here's more for your family, hope the little ones are back home again soon!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:17 PM   #65446
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
We're about settled into the Park Model at Paradise RV Resort. Can you say close quarters?

We're going to make the most of our time here as the facilities are basically ours. So many folks have cleared out. Our friends Rick and Ruby fly back to Northern Alberta tomorrow. Wish we could have spent more time with them. They have a bigger park model and a great Arizona Room. We will see them again next year for sure. Really nice folks. Too bad they live 300 miles north of Edmonton.
We have stayed in the RV section of that park a couple times. Really nice amenities but quite a distance from the RV section.

Enjoy your time there.

Loved the "newer" 303 from I-17 to I-10 bypassing the city.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:28 PM   #65447

Fleetwood Owners Club
Cch played an April Fools prank on me but it wasn't funny

Woke up about 2AM Saturday morning with our big dog Max jumping on the end of the bed. Carol woke up and said, "What's that smell?" I started checking around the coach and noticed the smell was strongest in the rear area. Then noticed that the 120V system was out. Got dressed and went outside to check the pedestal, everything OK there. Opened the utility bay door, OK there's the smell. Surge guard was OK. Heard a sound inside the junction box, unplugged the coach, removed the lid. Oh, here's the problem, piece of burnt wire with remains of melted wire nut attached. OK need to fix that in the daylight. Second problem, 12V system has been acting up, not functioning without shore power. Get out the battery charger and extension cord, jump the coach batteries from the pedestal. There, 12V power good, back to bed.

Saturday daylight, outside to fix the burnt wire. This is the second time it has happened, did it last Fall so I know what to do. Trimmed the burnt wire, redid the connection, everything good for now. Will putz with the 12V later, today is supposed to be travel day. Glad I packed up almost everything Friday.

Now, the question is: why is this connection burning? It's a stranded wire attached to a solid wire. Is it overheating and igniting the plastic wire nut, or is it coming loose and arcing? I moved the connection outside the junction box this time so I can keep an eye on it and make sure the wire nut stays tight. I made sure the wires are away from anything flammable just in case. Unfortunately. if it happens again I may not have enough wire coming out of the utility bay ceiling to work with...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:34 PM   #65448

Fleetwood Owners Club
Followup on the 12V System

Replaced the existing aftermarket positive cable screw post terminal with a new clamp type. Seems to have done the trick. Previously, when I unplugged shore power, the 12V system would either die immediately or after a couple of minutes. After replacing the terminal, we had to got get a propane fill at a nearby Love's station. The 12V system stayed functional all the way there and back. I had suspected the terminal was the problem because the batteries had a good charge every time I checked them...I just hadn't taken the time to fix the terminal because everything worked fine on shore power...lazy...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:38 PM   #65449

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Woke up about 2AM Saturday morning with our big dog Max jumping on the end of the bed. Carol woke up and said, "What's that smell?" .......

Oh yikes, you guys! How far does that go before it's a fire?! Maybe, maybe not, but risky enough. Bless Max! Feed that boy well!

I'll let better minds than mine help you figure out the problem. So far, Martin just muses that it's strange.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:52 PM   #65450

A tip from googlepedia:

If it is a single solid and a single stranded, don't pre-twist them at all. Follow the instructions which tell you to lead the stranded a little past the solid and then screw on the wire nut.

Just a suggestion. ( Wire nuts are not allowed in UK code by the way!)