RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-11-2017, 08:15 PM   #65689
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyephoto View Post
I have an appointment with RV Fog Dr in Searcy, AR on the 22nd of May.
I will probably not be there when they start - but as soon as I can. Hopefully a few pics.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2017, 09:07 PM   #65690
Senior Member
 
Eyephoto's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 477
I plan on doing a docuphoto of the event.
__________________
Now in a Class C Coachman Leperchaun, trailer towing a 1950 Crosley Station wagon, or a '42 Pick-Up. Member of the Non-Affiliated Camping Group FMCA #F462997 RVM #146 Jon & Ellen
Eyephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:27 PM   #65691
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 10,308
The neighbors parked next to me here at Lone Rock Beach invited me to share their campfire dinner tonight and it was delicious. One of the topics we discussed was the occasional helicopters that fly over. It seems that they are ferrying VIPs to Amangiri, an exclusive resort just over the next ridge to the NW. For grins I found the place on Google Earth.

Should you ever want to rub elbows with recent guests John Travolta or Beyoncé here is a link to their website.

https://www.aman.com/resorts/amangiri
__________________
Barb (RVM18) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie) RIP Sena FMCA#F466348
"Homer" ‘11 Shasta Cynara, pulling "Ranger" '97 Ford Ranger toad
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:33 AM   #65692
Senior Member
 
Papawto5's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
The neighbors parked next to me here at Lone Rock Beach invited me to share their campfire dinner tonight and it was delicious. One of the topics we discussed was the occasional helicopters that fly over. It seems that they are ferrying VIPs to Amangiri, an exclusive resort just over the next ridge to the NW. For grins I found the place on Google Earth.

Should you ever want to rub elbows with recent guests John Travolta or Beyoncé here is a link to their website.

https://www.aman.com/resorts/amangiri
Mary Ann and I had a reservation for a week in the home, but we stood aside when President Trump wanted to be there the same week (on short notice I might add). Oh well, we'll survive.
__________________
2018 Coleman T T
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:39 AM   #65693
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
We moved again yesterday, back to Tropical Palms in Kissimmee, they give you 2 nights at 50% for passport America. We are heading back to Tampa to spend some money on the Eagle. The plan is to remove the plexiglass bug shield as it has yellowed and have a bra made up for it.
The only scarry part, we will be at Lazy Days for 3 days, and I hear that all the RVS are open to walk through. Wish me luck.
Just a suggestion I went several years without the bra because it was a pita to use. All I would do was wash off the front end every couple days.
This year I put the bra back on for the 2 week trip out west. When I got out there it had fogged up the wax underneath and discolored the decals. The work with polishing compound and waxing to restore it was far more than just washing bugs off.
Within 2 days of arriving at destination I use either wet dryer sheets or a very soapy rag. I just rinse with a garden sprayer if he water is available.
I have done this every year traveling from West coast to Southern Florida in March and April.
The front bra will forever ride in my storage area after this.
__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:50 AM   #65694
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,921
Just checking, I don't keep up on here as often anymore. We don't exactly lead a busy life. We mostly live like we would in a house being retired. We just get to have different scenery frequently.
Just spent 9 days in Naples visiting relatives and we just arrived in Pompano Beach yesterday to see more relatives. Next week Jupiter Beach!
__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:08 AM   #65695
Senior Member
 
bokobird's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 3,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Just checking, I don't keep up on here as often anymore. We don't exactly lead a busy life. We mostly live like we would in a house being retired. We just get to have different scenery frequently.
Just spent 9 days in Naples visiting relatives and we just arrived in Pompano Beach yesterday to see more relatives. Next week Jupiter Beach!
Beach, beach, beach, is that all you people do?
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift/'06 FLHX, '15 Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2, FMCA F476758
With Mac (28 yrs) and Boko (25 yrs) the birds...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:10 AM   #65696
Senior Member
 
bokobird's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 3,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Just a suggestion I went several years without the bra because it was a pita to use. All I would do was wash off the front end every couple days.
This year I put the bra back on for the 2 week trip out west. When I got out there it had fogged up the wax underneath and discolored the decals. The work with polishing compound and waxing to restore it was far more than just washing bugs off.
Within 2 days of arriving at destination I use either wet dryer sheets or a very soapy rag. I just rinse with a garden sprayer if he water is available.
I have done this every year traveling from West coast to Southern Florida in March and April.
The front bra will forever ride in my storage area after this.
I would tend to agree. I had a bra on a car once and it really messed up the paint underneath, never again. If you keep up with the bug mess, it's really not that bad. I have a nice scrub brush that came with my Wash/Wax All kit and it works wonders on bugs...
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift/'06 FLHX, '15 Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2, FMCA F476758
With Mac (28 yrs) and Boko (25 yrs) the birds...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #65697
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,012
Ed, have you considered Krylon Double coat paint on your plexiglass? Top coat with polyurethane and you can clean bugs with anything, well most anything. Cheap fix and if you don't like it, you haven't lost anything.
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:27 AM   #65698
Senior Member
 
chuckinthebus's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Breaking news!
Chain link fence doesn't work well on keeping cows out.

Another phone call, different neighbor, same cow. But this time son is home! I see some barb wire stretching in his near future. Cows just now found the honeysuckle growing on the fence and got a little pushy. Thank heavens for careing neighbors. Time for breakfast!
Steak n eggs?
__________________
Chuck, Sara (RVM 50.5) & Chopper (the fuzzy 1)
2003 DSDP w/2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2 Kayaks & 2 bikes. Living and Loving life.
RVM50
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #65699
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinthebus View Post
Steak n eggs?
That option has been discussed but have to wait till she drops her calf and weans it. But new shinny barb wire now in place!

We really wasn't just relying on a chain link fence but figures the fence along with a 4 ft embankment would stop them. Who knew a 1500lb pregnant cow can climb muddy embankments.

Chuck it's safe to come by, the fencing is done!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:24 AM   #65700
Senior Member
 
chuckinthebus's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
That option has been discussed but have to wait till she drops her calf and weans it. But new shinny barb wire now in place!

We really wasn't just relying on a chain link fence but figures the fence along with a 4 ft embankment would stop them. Who knew a 1500lb pregnant cow can climb muddy embankments.

Chuck it's safe to come by, the fencing is done!
Yeah, but what else is going to break in the time it takes to get there that you will want to put me to w@¿# on. Lol
Glad the little guys are doing good.
__________________
Chuck, Sara (RVM 50.5) & Chopper (the fuzzy 1)
2003 DSDP w/2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2 Kayaks & 2 bikes. Living and Loving life.
RVM50
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:29 AM   #65701
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinthebus View Post
Yeah, but what else is going to break in the time it takes to get there that you will want to put me to w@¿# on. Lol
Glad the little guys are doing good.
Same here - every time I get near Tim something happens...

X2 on the little ones!!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:33 AM   #65702
Senior Member
 
chuckinthebus's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Same here - every time I get near Tim something happens...

X2 on the little ones!!
I had nothing to do with any hail storm or falling deer stand.
__________________
Chuck, Sara (RVM 50.5) & Chopper (the fuzzy 1)
2003 DSDP w/2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2 Kayaks & 2 bikes. Living and Loving life.
RVM50
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
romin roman
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.