RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-13-2017, 03:57 PM   #65731
Senior Member
 
bokobird's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 3,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Don... Skyboss...
Which panel do recommend we have removed - I assume the bottom one - but there's one higher...
Similar to mine, you need to do the bottom one. It's the only one they'd have access to from the outside air vent. If yours is similarly configured, the compressor pump and such are down in that area.

Are they going to seal up the air vent on the side of the coach as well as seal off the top? Otherwise you'll be getting cold air and possibly water into that compartment and you really don't want to do that. The Norcold was sealed from that kind of exposure due to the way it's made but residential fridges probably won't like extreme cold/heat or moisture coming from those areas.
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift/'06 FLHX, '15 Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2, FMCA F476758
With Mac (28 yrs) and Boko (25 yrs) the birds...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2017, 04:09 PM   #65732
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,574
Yep! They'll seal off both of the vents - and since our fridge is in the slideout - both vents would provide some access to the back of the fridge. The top vent would probably be too high above the upper access panel to be useful.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:18 PM   #65733
Senior Member
 
Sky_Boss's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ON THE ROAD...SOMEWHERE
Posts: 6,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Don... Skyboss...
Which panel do recommend we have removed - I assume the bottom one - but there's one higher...
Yes, the bottom one. You will then re-install it after it is set in place with the screws to the holes that are still accessible. It is possible that your frame will allow access to all the plate screws but you won't know until then. That is where you can access the defrost drain pan and some other odds and ends.

When sealing it off, set it up so you can remove the insulation "plug" to get to that area. You might need to in order to do an occasional inspection and maybe vacuum out dust and dirt. (Or in our case dog hair. ) Also consider running the defrost tube through the insulation plug and out the side of the coach. It doesn't look perfect but it would reduce the chance of over accumulation of water in the drain pan. While highly unlikely, prevention is better than fixin'. You can extend the tube out far enough to avoid dripping down the side of the coach.
__________________
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Guardian GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 2015 DSDP 4320 4369, FL Chassis, 2013 CR-V 2020 Jeep Overland, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:31 PM   #65734
Senior Member
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,719
Sad, sad day...
I read on another source that there is roadkill, not an armadilla...


Btw, Larry's checkup today was great, all vitals are good, reduced some meds, and go back in 3 weeks....
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2021 THOR Delano 24fb
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:31 PM   #65735
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Yes, the bottom one. You will then re-install it after it is set in place with the screws to the holes that are still accessible. It is possible that your frame will allow access to all the plate screws but you won't know until then. That is where you can access the defrost drain pan and some other odds and ends.

When sealing it off, set it up so you can remove the insulation "plug" to get to that area. You might need to in order to do an occasional inspection and maybe vacuum out dust and dirt. (Or in our case dog hair. ) Also consider running the defrost tube through the insulation plug and out the side of the coach. It doesn't look perfect but it would reduce the chance of over accumulation of water in the drain pan. While highly unlikely, prevention is better than fixin'. You can extend the tube out far enough to avoid dripping down the side of the coach.
Thanks Don - the "reinstall the panel" through the old vent is an important step! I've called and left them a message.

I've already talked to him about the routing of the defrost line from the pan. It's not their first rodeo - but it is mine in this case. The fewer head bangs the better.

And while we don't have pet hair - we do have dust. In fact, I've concluded Arizona is made entirely from dust. And it's no ordinary dust. It's a super dust that sneaks up on you.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:45 PM   #65736
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Sad, sad day...
I read on another source that there is roadkill, not an armadilla...


Btw, Larry's checkup today was great, all vitals are good, reduced some meds, and go back in 3 weeks....
Di - Great news on Larry! 3 weeks - then see you next month - and 3 months - 6 months - or until the next medical wonderment!

On the other note - he's FBing about it so there or on our Mutant Email Network is probably the best place for discussion.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #65737
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 16,459
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Di - Great news on Larry! 3 weeks - then see you next month - and 3 months - 6 months - or until the next medical wonderment!

On the other note - he's FBing about it so there or on our Mutant Email Network is probably the best place for discussion.


X2 from Steen's!!!!
Love ya
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:53 PM   #65738
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 16,459
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Thanks Don - the "reinstall the panel" through the old vent is an important step! I've called and left them a message.

I've already talked to him about the routing of the defrost line from the pan. It's not their first rodeo - but it is mine in this case. The fewer head bangs the better.

And while we don't have pet hair - we do have dust. In fact, I've concluded Arizona is made entirely from dust. And it's no ordinary dust. It's a super dust that sneaks up on you.


Wow, Steve!
You are very on top of this huge project, Bro.
Thanks for the PoP!
And AZ has a patented process that spreads their dust evenly on all available surfaces.
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:55 PM   #65739
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 16,459
Blog Entries: 1
R U an RV Mutant too?

Hey RVMs, and especially to Papaw Steve...
Riverside RV Park, Robertsdale AL, is the nicest, cleanest, and well-run campground we have ever been to!

The staff is superbly courteous, helpful, and kind. They went out of their way to make certain we were comfortable!

Review their website and the pictures there. It's all simply wonderful.

I highly recommend this place to all RVMs.

Dave and Nola

http://www.riverside-rvresort.com
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:20 PM   #65740
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Wow, Steve!
You are very on top of this huge project, Bro.
Thanks for the PoP!
And AZ has a patented process that spreads their dust evenly on all available surfaces.
Dave - the windows ran a little more than I thought they would - but that's because the price I was quoted was $90 per window. It's actually per section... so my drivers window has 3 sections.... so 13 windows became 26 windows...yikes. They all needed it and it's more than cosmetic, so what the heck.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:46 PM   #65741
Senior Member
 
Papawto5's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hey RVMs, and especially to Papaw Steve...
Riverside RV Park, Robertsdale AL, is the nicest, cleanest, and well-run campground we have ever been to!

The staff is superbly courteous, helpful, and kind. They went out of their way to make certain we were comfortable!

Review their website and the pictures there. It's all simply wonderful.

I highly recommend this place to all RVMs.

Dave and Nola

Riverside RV Resort, LLC - Robertsdale, AL - Come join us on the river!
Thanx Dave, I've added it to my "Campgrounds recommended by Fellow Mutants" list.
__________________
2018 Coleman T T
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #65742
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Yes, the bottom one. You will then re-install it after it is set in place with the screws to the holes that are still accessible. It is possible that your frame will allow access to all the plate screws but you won't know until then. That is where you can access the defrost drain pan and some other odds and ends.

When sealing it off, set it up so you can remove the insulation "plug" to get to that area. You might need to in order to do an occasional inspection and maybe vacuum out dust and dirt. (Or in our case dog hair. ) Also consider running the defrost tube through the insulation plug and out the side of the coach. It doesn't look perfect but it would reduce the chance of over accumulation of water in the drain pan. While highly unlikely, prevention is better than fixin'. You can extend the tube out far enough to avoid dripping down the side of the coach.
Totally unrelated to your quote, just wanted to get your attention.

Don you may remember Two-Slides, Ralph and Irene from the rumble at the cape. Irene texted Mary the other day to let us know that Ralph is dealing with some very serious health issues. Don't know if you have made any contact with them since Cape Geuraldo, we had a visit from them while hosting at the State Park.

Mutants many of you may not know Two-Slides but I know he often reads our thread. I'm asking for prayers, thoughts and Ohmms for this fellow RVer. They would fit in well with any of us!

Thanks
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:17 PM   #65743
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Totally unrelated to your quote, just wanted to get your attention.

Don you may remember Two-Slides, Ralph and Irene from the rumble at the cape. Irene texted Mary the other day to let us know that Ralph is dealing with some very serious health issues. Don't know if you have made any contact with them since Cape Geuraldo, we had a visit from them while hosting at the State Park.

Mutants many of you may not know Two-Slides but I know he often reads our thread. I'm asking for prayers, thoughts and Ohmms for this fellow RVer. They would fit in well with any of us!

Thanks
You got it Tim.
Omms and prayers...
It's been a while since we didn't make it to the Rumble at the Cape. Wish we had but that was pre-retirement...
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:17 PM   #65744
Senior Member
 
Sky_Boss's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ON THE ROAD...SOMEWHERE
Posts: 6,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
...
Don you may remember Two-Slides, Ralph and Irene from the rumble at the cape. Irene texted Mary the other day to let us know that Ralph is dealing with some very serious health issues. Don't know if you have made any contact with them since Cape Geuraldo, we had a visit from them while hosting at the State Park. ...
I haven't had any contact with them. Please pass on our best regards and hopes that Ralph is able to mend as quickly as possible.
__________________
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Guardian GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 2015 DSDP 4320 4369, FL Chassis, 2013 CR-V 2020 Jeep Overland, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.