RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2017, 10:06 PM   #65829

Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=okmunky;3553097]Can't you understand baby, Dave?
Ok, so what is she going to call you and Nola?[/QUOTE

My guess it doesn't matter what she calls them as long as it's often!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2017, 10:32 PM   #65830
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We are still on the beach just north of Page, AZ. It was a wild weekend and people kept elbowing in closer and closer. I warned all of them to keep their doors and windows in monkey safe mode and thankfully Lily was the only thief. She helped herself to a neighbor's dog food after climbing 3 steps. She has gotten over her fear of open steps.

Friday night I had to play witchy woman and remind a group that quiet hours started at 10 pm and it was 11:30. They had the bass turned waaaay up on their county music. Saturday nite they got quiet at 8:30 so I guess they were making amends.

Sena held court twice daily to crowds of adults and kids. Her favorite was an adoreable 3 year old little boy named Joseph. And she wasn't shy about pushing away the hands of older kids who got on her nerves. As a last resort she'd retreat to the roof and look down on them with a smirk on her face.

This beach is apparently on the map handed out to foreign visitors who rent RVs. There have been 10 or more here everyday. Tonight another group, this time from France, got their RV stuck in the soft sand. A group effort was mounted to get them out. I contributed the shovel and hitch pins and neighbors pulled them out and parked them on the hard pack.

Whew! I'm ready for a few quite days. We're staying until Thursday morning because the BLM visitor center in Big Water, Utah is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm told they have an interesting dinosaur exhibit and they issue permits to camp on the Grand Staircase-Escalante National monument, which is our next stop.

I hope everyone had a fun weekend!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:40 PM   #65831
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
[QUOTE=huntnski;3553102]
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Can't you understand baby, Dave?
Ok, so what is she going to call you and Nola?[/QUOTE

My guess it doesn't matter what she calls them as long as it's often!
So what do your grandkids call you and Mary?

i had a Nanny and PaPa, a Granny, a Grandma Logan and a Grandma. Lots of divorce and remarriage in my family. My daughter had a Granny and Poppi and a LaLa and Manny.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:52 PM   #65832

Fleetwood Owners Club
GKs call Carol & me Grandma & Grandpa (I tried to get them to call her Granny but that got vetoed real quick). They call my daughter's mom Nana and her partner Boo.

My DGD originally called me Grumpa, everyone found that humorous for some reason...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:55 PM   #65833

Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=okmunky;3553138]
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

So what do your grandkids call you and Mary?

i had a Nanny and PaPa, a Granny, a Grandma Logan and a Grandma. Lots of divorce and remarriage in my family. My daughter had a Granny and Poppi and a LaLa and Manny.
We are Grandpa and Mimi.

We had a fun day with 5 of the grands today. I divided the yard into areas of difficulty for different ages. Worked great, they finished finding the eggs about the same time. Mary placed glow in the dark bracelets in a dozen plastic eggs and snuck out and hide them just before we left my sons house to come home. We were text about an hour later complete with pictures of the 7 & 3 yo out hunting them in the dark. Worked great. It was a good day!
Old 04-16-2017, 10:56 PM   #65834
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
My DGD originally called me Grumpa, everyone found that humorous for some reason...
Well Dave, if the shoe fits ...
Old 04-17-2017, 07:01 AM   #65835

Quote:
We are still on the beach just north of Page, AZ. It was a wild weekend and people kept elbowing in closer and closer. I warned all of them to keep their doors and windows in monkey safe mode and thankfully Lily was the only thief. She helped herself to a neighbor's dog food after climbing 3 steps. She has gotten over her fear of open steps.

Friday night I had to play witchy woman and remind a group that quiet hours started at 10 pm and it was 11:30. They had the bass turned waaaay up on their county music. Saturday nite they got quiet at 8:30 so I guess they were making amends.

Sena held court twice daily to crowds of adults and kids. Her favorite was an adoreable 3 year old little boy named Joseph. And she wasn't shy about pushing away the hands of older kids who got on her nerves. As a last resort she'd retreat to the roof and look down on them with a smirk on her face.

This beach is apparently on the map handed out to foreign visitors who rent RVs. There have been 10 or more here everyday. Tonight another group, this time from France, got their RV stuck in the soft sand. A group effort was mounted to get them out. I contributed the shovel and hitch pins and neighbors pulled them out and parked them on the hard pack.

Whew! I'm ready for a few quite days. We're staying until Thursday morning because the BLM visitor center in Big Water, Utah is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm told they have an interesting dinosaur exhibit and they issue permits to camp on the Grand Staircase-Escalante National monument, which is our next stop.

I hope everyone had a fun weekend!

Ahhh YES, I remember Big Water very well... That is where I stopped to get my National Park Passport book "Stamped" & a 5-10 min quick stop turned into an hour or so discovery... Hope you enjoy the area...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2012 ERA 24' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:04 AM   #65836

[QUOTE=huntnski;3553160]
Quote:

We are Grandpa and Mimi.

We had a fun day with 5 of the grands today. I divided the yard into areas of difficulty for different ages. Worked great, they finished finding the eggs about the same time. Mary placed glow in the dark bracelets in a dozen plastic eggs and snuck out and hide them just before we left my sons house to come home. We were text about an hour later complete with pictures of the 7 & 3 yo out hunting them in the dark. Worked great. It was a good day!

We are Pa-Paw & Gannie...

ENJOY while you can,

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2012 ERA 24' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
Old 04-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #65837

OM-Nom on Saint Simons Island!
At Southern Soul Barbecue.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4909.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	158588

Name:	IMG_4903.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	278.2 KB
ID:	158589

Name:	IMG_4907.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	259.0 KB
ID:	158590

Name:	IMG_4908.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	321.9 KB
ID:	158591

Name:	IMG_4906.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	158592

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #65838

We are Di and DziaDzia (polish), pronounced jaja
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #65839

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Howdy mutants near and far.
Tick tock... Bonita Bounder should be back in a week or so. Can't wait.

Hope everyone is well and for those of you riding the rainbow - be safe. For those of you not... what are waiting for?!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:10 PM   #65840

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Easter leftovers!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170417_150320.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	158634  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:54 PM   #65841

Fleetwood Owners Club
PTJeff!

Please tell me you had nothing to do with the design or manufacturing of GM Tahoe 2007-2014 headlight, bumper and grill! I just spent the better part of 2 hours changing the daytime running light. It requires dropping the front bumper and loosening the grill to move the light assembly enough to take the bulb out and change it!

Mary is going to owe me big time, it's her Tahoe!
Old 04-17-2017, 06:17 PM   #65842

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
PTJeff!

Please tell me you had nothing to do with the design or manufacturing of GM Tahoe 2007-2014 headlight, bumper and grill! I just spent the better part of 2 hours changing the daytime running light. It requires dropping the front bumper and loosening the grill to move the light assembly enough to take the bulb out and change it!

Mary is going to owe me big time, it's her Tahoe!

Same boat a couple months ago... Every time I start mine now, I turn OFF the running light...

I tried to get them to keep them from coming on, but they didnt know how...

My total sympathy for Mary, I can just imaging what you will charge her...