Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2017, 11:09 AM   #66837

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
WAKE UP!!! it's Monday morning and time to play!

Blessed be the South Dakota DMV! My driver's license expired 3 weeks ago, but they have a 30 day grace period for renewals. I'm just grounded until it gets here in another 2-3 weeks. At least I don't have to take the test again. That would be a major hassle with me being so far away.
I was just about to ask who's up & whatcha doin'! Good morning on the west side, & afternoon down east!

Grounded, eh? Now you're on the other end of that parental stick. Thank goodness at least you have landed where you intend to stay a while! And with family to boot.

Exciting stuff here: laundry. Fix dinner. Yawn.

Oh, but since the winds finally died away, I get to try out the GrassBGone a friend recommended. Now that's more interesting! Iris beds, the rabbit-proofed veg garden, the sidewalks ... all verdant with grass that gets way ahead of my weeding.

I can use salt around the wild asparagus, but that's the only plant that tolerates it well. This product kills only grasses, so the dandelions are safe... 😉...unless there's a certain Barb around!

Cheers!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2017, 12:22 PM   #66838

Fleetwood Owners Club
Attention RVMooning mutants!

FYI, Walmart has a variety of tie-dye kits starting at three colors for $3.98 and pre shrunk tee shirts primed for dying for $2 each.

That is all, return to your normal mutating!
Old 05-22-2017, 01:14 PM   #66839
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Attention RVMooning mutants!

FYI, Walmart has a variety of tie-dye kits starting at three colors for $3.98 and pre shrunk tee shirts primed for dying for $2 each.

That is all, return to your normal mutating!
Tim, just keep tie-dying your shirts by eating Italian or Mexican food. No need to buy kits.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:22 PM   #66840

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Tim, just keep tie-dying your shirts by eating Italian or Mexican food. No need to buy kits.
Shhhh, I'm trying to get my WalMart stock to go up.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:26 PM   #66841

Man !!! It's much easier to move a MH than it is my daughter's stuff, what a pain in the tookas this day has been
I'd forgotten how much fun it is to reassemble furniture ... not ... This is taking forever !!!

Mutate on ... One and all
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:48 PM   #66842

Ha, Tim! Been seeing these, but it's rained lately, so the prints are even more obvious. About 2 1/2 - 3" long, not including the slippy-slidy part. A doe?

Cover is so fragmented in these parts, it's a wonder there can be any deer remaining.

Pics later, I hope! Cheers!
Old 05-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #66843

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Monkeys, ferrets, gerbils, hedgehogs, Quaker or Monk Parrots, sugar gliders and other "exotic" animals. Tim, don't wear you coonskin cap. They'd probably confiscate it.

And I think they charge a deposit on cans and bottles. Look at the label of your favorite beverage.

Oh, and no firewood, either. If you carry a firearm or nunchucks you might want to check out the laws. California has border checks looking for fruit so it's hard to sneak stuff in.
Fruit checks here in California are to protect the huge agricultural economy that feeds a great part of the country.
I have never been stopped unless towing a boat and then the just check the hull drains to prevent invasive crustaceans.
Never have I seen a private vehicle let alone an RV be boarded San searched.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:11 PM   #66844

Pics finally allowed after a forced stop & reboot on the app!
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170522_174739.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	162734

Name:	20170522_174750.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	162735

Also, here's my new rest area, what I salvaged from the oak that dropped last week:

Name:	20170516_195129.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	162739
It's as close to a deer stand as I'm likely to get. 😉
Old 05-22-2017, 08:41 PM   #66845

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Sue and Martin... Jeff and Marcia.. recognize these derelicts with Annie...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170522_163531.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	162742  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:44 PM   #66846

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Pics finally allowed after a forced stop & reboot on the app!
Attachment 162734

Attachment 162735

Also, here's my new rest area, what I salvaged from the oak that dropped last week:
Attachment 162739
It's as close to a deer stand as I'm likely to get. 😉
Ok, may have found a new hunting partner. She tracks deer, carries a Y stick for aiming a rifle and finds good stumps to set on with back rest!
Old 05-22-2017, 09:47 PM   #66847

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
I was just about to ask who's up & whatcha doin'! Good morning on the west side, & afternoon down east!

Grounded, eh? Now you're on the other end of that parental stick. Thank goodness at least you have landed where you intend to stay a while! And with family to boot.

Exciting stuff here: laundry. Fix dinner. Yawn.

Oh, but since the winds finally died away, I get to try out the GrassBGone a friend recommended. Now that's more interesting! Iris beds, the rabbit-proofed veg garden, the sidewalks ... all verdant with grass that gets way ahead of my weeding.

I can use salt around the wild asparagus, but that's the only plant that tolerates it well. This product kills only grasses, so the dandelions are safe... 😉...unless there's a certain Barb around!

Cheers!
Wonder if it would work on orchard grass which is a nutsedge...
Old 05-22-2017, 10:06 PM   #66848

Well, yes! Nice folks from Horspitality and ... Prescott Valley, is it? It looks as though you found them well and hungry!

It was great to see Fran's face when I stopped in front of her & said, "Steve & Annie say hello."
Old 05-22-2017, 10:37 PM   #66849

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Sue and Martin... Jeff and Marcia.. recognize these derelicts with Annie...
And Montrose, Colorado it's good to see them again, I hope you were able to pass on a hello for us ...
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:45 PM   #66850

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sue, my DD's new to them house has about 100' of wild blackberries along the front. The property is entered thru a "private road" from the back, which up here is code for a 10' wide strip of asphalt. She is going to rent some goats to come eat the mess and then I'll get to see what's left and what I can do with it. It's really steep, but I can see what might be concrete steps and part of what may have been a small greenhouse. It's been decades, I suspect, since anyone has been down there.

Remarkably there don't seem to be too many dandelions, but enough other weeds to keep me busy for a while. This year I'm going straight to the good stuff -- Round Up! No more namby pamby, Ms Nice Lady! There is one weed here that is WORSE than dandelions! It's like Velcro -- it sticks to everything. In 2 days I've already filled one of those rolling trash containers over half way with all sorts of weeds I don't know. I guess it's time to get educated on a whole new batch of weeds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote