Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2017, 07:26 PM   #67005

Hey.... look at this milestone.....Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0557.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	422.9 KB
ID:	163476

This was on the way home, after a nice visit with son, wife, and 2 grands. Was Grandsons 6th burthday.... larry drove us home....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2017, 07:56 PM   #67006

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Steve, I see you are taking the boring route (US 20) from Idaho to Idanha. You have my sympathy, especially for the leg to Burns.

You might want to schedule Eden, ID for over a weekend. That way you'll be more likely to catch some BASE jumpers flying from the Snake River bridge. It's an amazing sight to see humans flying with only a funny looking suit.

The best views are from the south side. There is an easily assessable walkway that goes under the bridge to a viewing area. Many of the jumpers use that parking area. I talked to some once and was surprised that they seemed so sane -- and yet they hurl themselves off bridges. Definitely Mutant.
Barb... There are 2 routes in from Boise - the route below is 3 Hr 30mn and 84 direct which is 3 Hr 3min. I don't really need a lot of entertainment along the road. I really don't see nearly as much scenery as Annie does. I plan to take the faster route and let her Oooh and Awww on the day trips.

Jim - I'll make reservations beginning tomorrow. Hopefully, my dates will be open. I'll let ya know when I've rounded it all up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170529-183902.png
Views:	63
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	163477  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:18 PM   #67007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Hey.... look at this milestone.....Attachment 163476

This was on the way home, after a nice visit with son, wife, and 2 grands. Was Grandsons 6th burthday.... larry drove us home....
OMG what a great sight. So great that Larry is back at it. Love you guys.
Pogo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:39 PM   #67008

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve, there is a 3rd route and the one I took this time. Just west of the OR/ID border you take US 26 to Bend. I find Google often misses some of the best routes so I'll pick an intermediate city and search to it and then search from the intermediate city to my destination.

The mileage on US 20 and US 26 is within 10 miles of being identical, but the travel time on US 26 is considerably longer. Try searching for John Day, OR from Boise.

I thoroughly enjoyed the drive this trip, and have always hated the US 20 route. There is NOTHING to see until you get to Burns unless you like open fields and barbwire fences. You'll see plenty of that between Las Vegas and the Idaho/Nevada border.

I go from Twin Falls, ID to Henderson, NV twice a year. I consider Nevada to be our country's kitty litter box. Nothing but sand with mountains in the distance. I take it because it's much shorter and I like to avoid Salt Lake City traffic, but I groan most of the way. This year was a bit better because there was still snow on some of the mountain peaks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:42 PM   #67009

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

Oh wow. So glad to see.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:03 PM   #67010

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Any of you going to the RVMoon GC and coming from Boise -- if you do take the scenic route across Oregon, US 26, consider Dayville, OR for a campground stop. This is a very charming community and both of the campgrounds scored 9/10 on RV Park Reviews.

But, remember you can't pump your own fuel in Oregon. If you don't get out and watch remember to ask the attendant if your fuel cap got replaced. I lost mine in John Day. As my DD put it yesterday after leaving Arby's drive thru -- You can tell that the US economy is improving when there is a decline in the caliber of minimum wage employees.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:06 PM   #67011

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo 1 View Post
OMG what a great sight. So great that Larry is back at it. Love you guys.
Ya got that right!
Old 05-29-2017, 09:27 PM   #67012

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Steve, there is a 3rd route and the one I took this time. Just west of the OR/ID border you take US 26 to Bend. I find Google often misses some of the best routes so I'll pick an intermediate city and search to it and then search from the intermediate city to my destination.

The mileage on US 20 and US 26 is within 10 miles of being identical, but the travel time on US 26 is considerably longer. Try searching for John Day, OR from Boise.

I thoroughly enjoyed the drive this trip, and have always hated the US 20 route. There is NOTHING to see until you get to Burns unless you like open fields and barbwire fences. You'll see plenty of that between Las Vegas and the Idaho/Nevada border.

I go from Twin Falls, ID to Henderson, NV twice a year. I consider Nevada to be our country's kitty litter box. Nothing but sand with mountains in the distance. I take it because it's much shorter and I like to avoid Salt Lake City traffic, but I groan most of the way. This year was a bit better because there was still snow on some of the mountain peaks.
I went through more gyrations plotting this trip than any 3 trips combined. I plotted up to Reno and Winnemucca etc. Beaver to Ogden, and finally the route to Ely and Wells. I've been to Reno (will again) been to Ogden... So now I have the 3 routes, including where to stay, mapped out for the return to Az for winter.

Mapquest - Google - Even the Truckers Map - and the Mountain Guide West - which btw the app is major clunky. The book is much better.
I even mapped it on the Flying J and Loves Apps. And ran the Garmin. The more I looked at it the more I just wanted to get to Idanha. There is too much to see along the way to do much of it with the late start we're getting. Will be glad to get the docs out of the way on the 5th and 6th. May has been very nice here in Prescott Valley but it's getting a little warm by midday. Past time to be moving on. We are usually in Illinois by May.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:36 PM   #67013

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
While the rest of you were sleeping, this Pacific time zone night owl snagged post number 67,000!
Barb - well played in the wee hours of west coast mutation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	il_570xN.638635085_g8rd.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	163495   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-12-25%2018.15.11.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	163496  

Old 05-29-2017, 09:57 PM   #67014

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey two years does't seem all that long to plan a milestone point.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:18 PM   #67015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Sue, You think of some interesting things I would never have . I'd ask if you were interested in spinning a friends woll from her alpaca... but that would probably be 'w*rk, and you probably have a million projects that would seem more fun and it wouldn't get done for a few years....
Alpaca is indeed luscious & wonderful to spin. Thank you just the same, but my studio (aka "The Playroom") is crammed already with various fibers collected over the years ... and yet to be spun. Cotton; various breeds & colors of sheep & goat wool; silk cocoons & silk fiber; alpaca, llama & rabbit .... [emoji33]

SABLE: Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy, it's a well-known phenomenon amongst fiber folk. Got that in spades! And then I go picking up something (probably) useless but intriguing like cottonwood fluff. Duh! [emoji57]
Old 05-29-2017, 10:20 PM   #67016

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
A few years......
For Sue, only a challenge!
"The difficult we do immediately; the impossible may take a while."
Old 05-29-2017, 10:22 PM   #67017

Quote:

Hey, woot! Wonderful!

Now get that ole geezer off the highway!

[emoji7] [emoji7]
Old 05-29-2017, 11:48 PM   #67018

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Barb... There are 2 routes in from Boise - the route below is 3 Hr 30mn and 84 direct which is 3 Hr 3min. I don't really need a lot of entertainment along the road. I really don't see nearly as much scenery as Annie does. I plan to take the faster route and let her Oooh and Awww on the day trips.

Jim - I'll make reservations beginning tomorrow. Hopefully, my dates will be open. I'll let ya know when I've rounded it all up.
There is one spot that you will want to take it real slow going down hill. It is past Jordan Valley and just before a little spot on the map called Rome. There is a sharp curve that they didn't curve the road the right way. There have been numerous accidents on that curve. The little eating place after you cross the river used to have a book filled with pictures of the different accidents. One time a wine truck turned over. They had to count all the bottles of wine, broken or not to account for every one of them. That placed saved us one time and we were very thankful that they had gas there. We were in our little mini motorhome and about out of gas. The pumps looked like it was deserted. But you had to get the key inside to unlock them.

BTW, after leaving the Boise area, there is a nice gas station a little before going into Oregon. It will be the last one you will see for quite awhile.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote