Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2017, 11:45 AM   #67061

Fleetwood Owners Club
Oh what I'd give to lose 30lbs. Great job! And cheers to those cheering you on!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2017, 11:55 AM   #67062

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Deb and Dale (perhaps others in the know):

On our trip to the Great Mooning . . . . . when we leave Moab, UT we have a few extra days of spend exploring the "backstreets" of Oregon.

If we end up over in Reno,NV and head north we were thinking it would be nice to travel up U.S. 395 to the junction of U.S. 26. There's only dinky little towns on that route for hundreds of miles so fuel is an issue + sleeping spots.

Whatta ya know about that route? Is it manageable for a MH? It looks like portions of it are limited to curves, climbs, and downhills. All at a slow speed. All of that is very doable for us if we have a wide enough road and enough time to negotiate the route. We love to explore and discover. Your thoughts?

Alternative is to go on to Boise and take 4 or 5 days to get to Idanha (exploratory side trips in the car as we go).

BTW, how good are the state highways in the last portion of the trip to Idanha?
Steve, I can't advise the 395 route but US 26 thru Oregon is very scenic and there are lots of curves as you get to and from the 2 summits that are less than 6,000'. Oregon 22 follows the Santiam River down the mountain but has plenty of turnouts so you can let traffic pass. There aren't any long, steep grades on either route that I recall. You will want to go slower than you need to just to enjoy the scenery.

If you are dry camping for overnight stops I find there is usually a city park or closed business that works for us. Google satellite view is how I scope out possibilities. Don't use RV parks so I can't advise on that.

I'm glad you'll have time to enjoy that part of Oregon. If you come up 395 do a trip to Crater Lake if you haven't been there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:06 PM   #67063

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Thanx a lot. Just passed the 30 lb. plateau. I hope Friday's weigh-in shows less than 300. That's been years and years and years (long before mutantdom). I now need to figure out the purchase of new clothes (when and how many). Future weight loss plans make purchases iffy. New belt needed real soon.
Steve, after gastric bypass when my weight was changing so quickly my wardrobe was very limited -- 2 pairs of pants in any one size and 5-6 shirts. A belt with a lot of adjustability really helps, but I recall you wearing suspenders which willl help even more.

There is nothing more inspiring than baggy clothes. Congrats!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-31-2017, 12:38 PM   #67064

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve... keep it up!
I may be chasing you down to the fishing hole... who will claim the biggest fish award.... could it be... Mary Ann. History repeats itself!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:00 PM   #67065
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Our Florence was about to be nominated for best patina, so Martin went & spoiled her chances:
Attachment 163551

Attachment 163552

That's a WashWaxAll system with the magic extending pole, first use. He says it's hard work, but should be easier next time.

Martin has become a pole dancer! It's magic!
Ah, did he take my recommendation on the washwaxall? Great system. Cuts down the wash time tremendously. The extension pole is worth the money. For the front the scrubber works well with any of the cleaning solutions like bug-b-gone or Simple Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I'm having to set in my little hosting cart down by the rest rooms just to get a cell signal. Thankfully it has AC! Seem to be getting a lot of funny looks.
Great accomplishment Larry, Queen Ann we're praying!
No doubt you will be passing another milestone before we're back on good cell service.
One last thing, Wayne your wrong!
Tim, Tim, Tim! I was wron.......er mistaken once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Truth, I always take my ipad in the room.... have accidentally taken photo, which I quickly deleted, but i have to be careful to not answer the phone.....

Hmmmm is it an Arkie thing?
I remember that picture. You accidentally hit he share button.

Quote:
Thanx a lot. Just passed the 30 lb. plateau. I hope Friday's weigh-in shows less than 300. That's been years and years and years (long before mutantdom). I now need to figure out the purchase of new clothes (when and how many). Future weight loss plans make purchases iffy. New belt needed real soon.
Now Steve, a man of your intelligence should have realized a long time ago that when you loose weight all you have to do for new clothes is go into the closet. After all, when you hang clothes in a dark closet the shrink, right? Mine did.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:08 PM   #67066

Pawpaw great job. Trying to figure out where is next. Haven't made up our minds yet.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:14 PM   #67067

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Pawpaw great job. Trying to figure out where is next. Haven't made up our minds yet.
I was thinking about you two last night, wondering where you landed after Hurricane. Did ya find any gold?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-31-2017, 01:17 PM   #67068

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
i was thinking about you two last night, wondering where you landed after hurricane. Did ya find any gold?
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170528_083650228.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	163639Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170516_173256435.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	163640Click image for larger version

Name:	VZM.IMG_20170515_085411.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	163641

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:25 PM   #67069

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wow! Congrats! And you're not planning to stay and find more? I suppose it's getting too hot. Time to head to your Oregon claim?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-31-2017, 01:33 PM   #67070

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Deb and Dale (perhaps others in the know):

On our trip to the Great Mooning . . . . . when we leave Moab, UT we have a few extra days of spend exploring the "backstreets" of Oregon.

If we end up over in Reno,NV and head north we were thinking it would be nice to travel up U.S. 395 to the junction of U.S. 26. There's only dinky little towns on that route for hundreds of miles so fuel is an issue + sleeping spots.

Whatta ya know about that route? Is it manageable for a MH? It looks like portions of it are limited to curves, climbs, and downhills. All at a slow speed. All of that is very doable for us if we have a wide enough road and enough time to negotiate the route. We love to explore and discover. Your thoughts?

Alternative is to go on to Boise and take 4 or 5 days to get to Idanha (exploratory side trips in the car as we go).

BTW, how good are the state highways in the last portion of the trip to Idanha?
We have been all over Oregon doing some geocaching. Some of it was in our little mini motorhome and some in the car. We have been on parts of 395 before but coming up from Reno, we took 31 over to LaPine, hwy 97 and went up that way. I remember enjoying the drive on 31. You have to remember that I live on mountainous roads and love driving them. (ask Barb) So for me to say that you can do it in a mh would be hard for me to judge as I've not driven one. We could park our little mini mh in a spot a large pu could park in. 395 all the way up to John Day is a long stretch as for as getting fuel. You should be able to get some at Burns so check the mileage from the last place in CA to Burns. 395 is a major thoroughfare for the state so it should be a good road. Athough, last winter was hard for the NW and I'm finding lots of pot holes in the roads around here so be digilent in your driving. Some of them, Barb could loose her car in.

Like Barb said, if you are boondocking, there should be no problem finding spots. If you need a cg, then I would do some serious looking at checking websites. I do not recall any but I wasn't looking for some at the time either. There will probably be some forest service spots in the mountainous areas. How they are for Full size mh's would be questionable. Sorry I can't be more help.

If anyone is coming using hwy 26 from Boise, a nice side trip would be Sumpter OR. It is up hwy 7 at Austin Junction. They have a dredge there and a steam locomotive. Dale's brother worked camped there one year. They do flea markets during the summer and when they occur, the ghost town goes up considerable in population.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:40 PM   #67071

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Speaking of geocaching, Tim, bring your gps and we will definitely get together this time. There are quite a few of them in the area to find along the hwy. There are even 3 on the island in Detroit lake, so if we rent a boat to go fishing, it might have to take a detour???

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:10 PM   #67072

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Need a good laugh?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-31-2017, 03:18 PM   #67073

Thanx gang for the kind thoughts and the advice on roads to Idanha.

My goodness Dwayne and Shara, that's real gold in big chunks. Congrats.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:21 PM   #67074

Yes, Wayne, I do remember your recommendation. We went to their seminar at the FCOC rally in Mesa and bought the whole kit. It certainly produces good results.

And what about the magic pole! We asked Steve and Sharon about its mechanism and they only found out after someone had returned a faulty one and opened it up.
It's too complicated to describe here.

For the uninitiated, one has to grasp the pole by the center grip, press the release button and pull the lower part. As it extends, the upper part extends at the same rate. In all, it goes from 4ft to 9ft by only pulling out 30 inches. Magic!
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote