Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #6707

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Herb !!! Well if there is a possibility of any down time during the curiosity, I suppose we could scare up a game of Euchre, or two or even a bit of progressive Euchre ifn there are enough there that know how to play, the great thing about it is, that you really dont have ta know how to play it real well, ifn ya can keep the bowers straight, and remember which suit is trump, you'll have it made. Cheers !!!
Jeff don't get too fancy on me now cause I don't know what progressive euchre is, but I can remember what suit is trump... I think. Lol
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #6708

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Car saga continues...

I got a call from X insurance company's adjuster. "I'm going to the garage to do the repair estimate for your Toyota Venza." Uh...it's not a Toyota - it's a Honda. He says "Well, I can't do an estimate for a Honda. I have paperwork for a Toyota Venza." I said, well, my partner has a Toyota, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't involved in an accident, since I'm driving it right now. He says "Well, you'll have to get this straightened out." Oh, really...

So attorney calls X insurance company to advise them that Houston has a problem. She finds out that they reported the accident as an at fault accident in the Venza to the insurance database that every company uses to give you a quote for coverage. So, now letters, emails and phone calls are flying to get them to sort out their issues. Meantime, I still don't have a rental car or a fixed Honda.

The ironic thing is that we called this company three weeks ago to get a comparison quote since our homeowner's and umbrella liability policy is due for renewal. Since all this happened, that would be a Run, Forest, Run, heck no.

Hi Elizabeth !!

I would think now that your headache dealing with madam X's insurance company is way past Tylenol, whats really a pain is still having to go to your 9 to 5 and dealing with the insurance company both. What really surprises me is that the person who hit your car just up and left without taking time to make it right with her insurance company, I would think that she is liable for something.

Keep your chin up, it has to get better.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #6709

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Herb !!!

Well if there is a possibility of any down time during the curiosity, I suppose we could scare up a game of Euchre, or two or even a bit of progressive Euchre ifn there are enough there that know how to play, the great thing about it is, that you really dont have ta know how to play it real well, ifn ya can keep the bowers straight, and remember which suit is trump, you'll have it made.

Cheers !!!
I'm in (If'n I get there) for a Euchre tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Jeff don't get too fancy on me now cause I don't know what progressive euchre is, but I can remember what suit is trump... I think. Lol
I hear progressive euchre was designed to make Jeff the tournament winner all the time.

Also we have a great game called Stix that is a great way of passing the time while supposedly playing cards.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #6710

Quote:

Hey winngennis !!!

Ok try this one on for size, how many people do you run into out here in AZ that know how to play Euchre ? that also seems to be a Northern thing that most people dont understand. I was once trying to teach a couple how to play the game and after two futile hours we gave it up, they just didnt comprehend how to play the game ... ...

Cheers !!!
I remember that my friends used to play eucher. I always preferred spades. Eucher goes way too fast for me.
wingennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #6711

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosters 67 View Post

So what member number am I?
Congratulations on being admitted to the fold.
Quote:

Oh and is there a cool sticker to display on or RVM transports? be fun to see some of ya going down the road or in the parks and be able to say "look another RVM"

Spence
I am working on that and will be making a tentative report to the grand potentates (er whatever) of this august group. I was thinking of an oval encompassing the design dreamt up by I believe our grand Poobahs (either one or two) and issued to those who ask for one. I modified the one I received and it is part of my signature line.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #6712

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
QUOTE=virginiamtns;1814313]

Hey, can I travel with you and family?
Absolutely - the more the merrier. And any mutant is welcome to visit us in the beautiful mountains of Virginia. We have state, federal and private campgrounds close by, and would love to act as host/tour guide.

Come see us, y'all!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #6713

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I'm in (If'n I get there) for a Euchre tournament.

I hear progressive euchre was designed to make Jeff the tournament winner all the time.

Also we have a great game called Stix that is a great way of passing the time while supposedly playing cards.
Euchre sounds fun. Poker even better.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #6714

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingennis

I remember that my friends used to play eucher. I always preferred spades. Eucher goes way too fast for me.
A ponder from the other Eucher

"When I came up to bat with three men on and two outs in the ninth, I looked in the other team's dugout and they were already in street clothes."
Bob we must be on the front row Uecher
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #6715

We're on the Jeep sales lot...uh-oh!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #6716

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
We're on the Jeep sales lot...uh-oh!!!
Or, in the immortal words of Skoobie doo...RUT ROH..but I guess jeeps can handle ruts just fine.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #6717

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Wayne,

FYI Capuchin monkeys of Sena's sub-species were named for their resemblance to the haircut and robe color of the religious order of Capuchin monks. They later discovered that their were other colors of capuchin monkeys that weren't brown with black on the top of their heads but the name was already established.
Barb, I tried really hard in Costa Rica to spot a Capuchin, but the only monkeys we saw were spider monkeys. Boy can those guys move!...Unlike the 2- and 3-toed sloths that were so hard to see.

Nope, that isn't it -- that's a yellow-crowned night heron.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	50450  
Old 11-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #6718

Well, now!
RVM62 has come aboard the rainbow. WELCOME!!

And MartySQ is gonna have a grandson! Let the spoiling begin.

And on top of that, Bob Uecker is coming to the GC.

Wow!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #6719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Barb, I tried really hard in Costa Rica to spot a Capuchin, but the only monkeys we saw were spider monkeys. Boy can those guys move!...Unlike the 2- and 3-toed sloths that were so hard to see.

Nope, that isn't it -- that's a yellow-crowned night heron.
Here's our river boat. I liked its picture of a Sena.

Still trying to load more than one photo at a time. Grr!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	307.1 KB
ID:	50452  
Old 11-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #6720

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
[QUOTE=Dwayne & Shara;1815290]sorry I was not on yesterday I was enjoying my birthday woohoo

I hope yesterday was your best day ever
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote