RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2017, 11:03 PM   #67579
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
p.s., I have 35,000+ pictures if you have the time. Of course Earlene was infatuated with wind turbines as we headed west on our first trip so I have 5000 of them in that 35,000+.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2017, 11:23 PM   #67580
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
OMG! That boy has grown! How about a Brody story so our newer Mutants can get a sample of this little rascal.
He finished Kindergarten and had a blast at school. He LOVED it. His teacher loved him and sent the sweetest, kind of long note to Meagan and Van about how much she enjoyed having him in her class, extolling his virtues, etc. He cannot wait for 1st grade.

In the middle of the school year, my sis took Brody and his mom to lunch. She asked him how he was getting along with the kids in his class. He said, very innocently and big-eyed as he scoped out the mountain of fries on his plate, "Oh, Mimi, they always pick me first. Would you pass me the ketchup ... please?" He is so unaffected. He just loves everyone!

The pic below is of Brody with his dad, Van, and mom, Meagan. I love these three so much!!! Meagan should get a Mother of the Year" award. For those who don't know the story ....

Brody's birth mother walked out on him and my nephew Van when Brody was a month old. Van stepped up to the plate and took care of his infant son. It wasn't easy for him, but he did an amazing job. When Brody was about 18 months old, Van and Meagan began dating (they had known each other through mutual friends) and when Brody turned 2, Van asked Meagan if she would like to become Brody's mommy. She could not have children - ever - so she said it was like a gift from heaven to be given the chance to be a mother. She and Van married and Brody had a mommy. And I can't even begin to tell you all what an amazing job Meagan has done with this little boy. The love is deep and so powerful.

Here is the amazing part: Meagan wrote to Brody's birth mother and very sincerely thanked her for giving birth to him and then giving her (Meagan) the chance to be a mommy. She told Lori (birth mother) that since she'd had a hysterectomy she never dreamed she could be a mommy. She told Lori how special Brody is and how much being his mommy has changed her life for the better. Lori never responded. Lori never has asked to see Brody even once. And Mimi and I are sooooo glad. Brody does not need that woman in his life. But Meagan will tell you how grateful she is to Lori for being the delivery vessel for our Brody. And Meagan cannot even imagine a life without Brody - her son.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1851.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	165237  
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:37 PM   #67581
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Very nice story Mel. Thanks.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:54 PM   #67582
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Very nice story Mel. Thanks.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:16 AM   #67583

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Barb... tonight I doubled down... and then collected elsewhere. 2 monkeys were a handful... still up!
Why does it swear at you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
As I said, Earlene takes the pictures. Here is one of them:
Very nice!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:59 AM   #67584
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
My only thought is if you're shoring up some amount of grade, what's to prevent that shoring up from sliding away on the next heavy rain? Retaining walls to me are tricky things and done improperly, they don't wind up retaining much. Are you doing anything about drainage? It'll always look sturdy when it's all dry and first built.
The good news is that there is no such thing as heavy rain in the PNW. They just have 8 months of constant drizzle and it's pretty much done until Fall. The 40# blocks I'm putting down have holes where I'll drive heavy rebar 24" into the ground and the sub soil is full of glacial gravel from pea size to golf ball size all thru it, plus tons of tree roots. I'm only disturbing enough dirt to remove the sod and only under the blocks which will only be 2 high and 2 wide in an L shape at that back corner. Any voids fill be filled with gravel.

I'll return to the asphalt driveway if the rain returns to the forecast before we leave in October. By next summer professionals will have leveled a space 4 times what we need. I just need to get us behind the house and away from the traffic noise sooner than the bids can come back this summer.

If you have any suggestions for making it safer, please let me know.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:15 AM   #67585

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
The good news is that there is no such thing as heavy rain in the PNW. They just have 8 months of constant drizzle and it's pretty much done until Fall. The 40# blocks I'm putting down have holes where I'll drive heavy rebar 24" into the ground and the sub soil is full of glacial gravel from pea size to golf ball size all thru it, plus tons of tree roots. I'm only disturbing enough dirt to remove the sod and only under the blocks which will only be 2 high and 2 wide in an L shape at that back corner. Any voids fill be filled with gravel.

I'll return to the asphalt driveway if the rain returns to the forecast before we leave in October. By next summer professionals will have leveled a space 4 times what we need. I just need to get us behind the house and away from the traffic noise sooner than the bids can come back this summer.

If you have any suggestions for making it safer, please let me know.
Without a pic, hard to "see" what you're dealing with. I'm no expert, but I know people who are

If it's only temp till a better setup comes along, all the better. It's just when I hear hills, moving dirt, shoring up, etc., I start to wonder how it's going to survive the test of time. In your case, it's not really an issue so much.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #67586

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
I start to wonder how it's going to survive the test of time. In your case, it's not really an issue so much.
In your case, it's not really an issue!
Did Carl just say Barb was so old any old pile of blocks should last long enough?

Barb I apologize for Carl's insensitive remarks, I'll have a good talking to him at the Mooning!
Old 06-15-2017, 08:17 AM   #67587

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
In your case, it's not really an issue!
Did Carl just say Barb was so old any old pile of blocks should last long enough?

Barb I apologize for Carl's insensitive remarks, I'll have a good talking to him at the Mooning!
O M G

I'm going to need to get me a press agent to approve my public statements!
Old 06-15-2017, 08:39 AM   #67588

Quote:
O M G

I'm going to need to get me a press agent to approve my public statements!

Lol..... that is the statement that jumped up and caught my eye too......

Tooooooo funny... i know what ya meant, but still too funny....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:50 AM   #67589

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Lol..... that is the statement that jumped up and caught my eye too......

Tooooooo funny... i know what ya meant, but still too funny....
How bout an update!
Old 06-15-2017, 08:58 AM   #67590

First prayers sent to all of you. Also update trailer tires replaced all 4 were separated and cords showing. 😥 Yep on our 2016 trailer. Boy they don't make things like they use to. Two batteries failed in Rainmaker. But a friend had 2 that he sold us for $20 so that didn't hurt that bad. Sometimes I think if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any. But on the upside we do have $200 saved for the transmission. Lol

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #67591
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Still sending Mohmms to Rainmaker and hugs to Dwayne and Shara!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:42 AM   #67592

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
How bout an update!

In surgery right now...... left here 15 min ago. Dont take LVAD patients to preop, just straight to surgery...

So a couple of hours.... procedure takes hour.

Dr said he thought his bleeding had stopped, and if this goes good, then can go home tomorrow...

But Anesthi knew my son, so that is good

Ok just called.....
Nothing found in upper area, so colonscopy tomorrow....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote