RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2017, 06:12 PM   #67719

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I had to have the disc between C5 and C6 removed and replaced. It's not pleasant. But had I left it untreated my right arm would have died. The disc was crumbling and pushing on the nerve for the right arm. That pain was almost unbearable. First dose of steroids and the pain was gone. Inflammation and swelling around nerves is dreadful, but the consequences are worse... so please get with docs on this Dwayne. This is not the kind of thing we can "tough out".

Omms to you and Shara. Keep the updates coming.
Interesting as my nephew has run into back issues as well. It's put a complete stop to work on my house too! Two discs are pressing against a nerve and the insurance company gave him the run-around for weeks because somehow in their eyes it's better to spend money on therapy and steroid treatments that only treat the pain but not the actual problem. So after all that run-around they said, OK, that's not working, you'll have to go in and be operated on. So that's happening on the 29th. Not sure if it'll be just laser or actual slice and dice but either way, he'll get fixed and he can get back to living without being in pain.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2017, 07:04 PM   #67720
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I had a doctor appt today and since my DD moved about 30 miles north I decided to switch to another location within the Swedish Medical system. That meant a new primary care physician. Despite having all my records, I had to go thru all the paperwork and explain to my new doctor why I needed a prescription for narcotic pain meds. Nothing new, but my new doc reminded me that I have a really goofy and terrific life.

Instead of simply reading my chart she wanted me to explain my history and why I need meds they don't like to prescribe. So I tell her about my lengthy back pain history, the surgeries I've had, and the alternative therapies I've tried. At one point I mentioned that I live with Sena which causes me to make some choices -- such as not drinking alcoholic beverages and choosing not to get the shingles vaccine.

At one point she says, "Ok, so you live in a motorhome with a monkey and you are only up here in the summer and you spend the winters in Arizona and ..." by this time we are both laughing and it suddenly dawns on me that I really have a great, goofy and wonderful life.

Now if I tell her about all of you, what do you think her reaction might be? And how do I explain Y'all?
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:59 PM   #67721

Fleetwood Owners Club
Swedish medical system? HOW far North did you say you went again?
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:10 PM   #67722
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Swedish medical system? HOW far North did you say you went again?
You know I wondered about the name when I first enrolled 6 years ago. They are a big health care system in the Seattle area with clinics and hospitals in many locations. I'll have to find out more about that name.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:14 PM   #67723

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
A couple more pics from today's adventure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170619_175858.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	165778   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170619_180344.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	165779  

Name:	20170619_173740.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	165780   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170619_174239.jpg
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	165781  

Name:	20170619_175244.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	165782   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170619_173939.jpg
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	165783  

Name:	2017_0619_12004100.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	165786   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017_0619_15290200.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	165787  

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:28 PM   #67724

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
A couple more pics from today's adventure.
We've rode the cog railroad up pikes peak, but man that train you took pics of sure climbs steep terrain!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #67725

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I had a doctor appt today and since my DD moved about 30 miles north I decided to switch to another location within the Swedish Medical system. That meant a new primary care physician. Despite having all my records, I had to go thru all the paperwork and explain to my new doctor why I needed a prescription for narcotic pain meds. Nothing new, but my new doc reminded me that I have a really goofy and terrific life.

Instead of simply reading my chart she wanted me to explain my history and why I need meds they don't like to prescribe. So I tell her about my lengthy back pain history, the surgeries I've had, and the alternative therapies I've tried. At one point I mentioned that I live with Sena which causes me to make some choices -- such as not drinking alcoholic beverages and choosing not to get the shingles vaccine.

At one point she says, "Ok, so you live in a motorhome with a monkey and you are only up here in the summer and you spend the winters in Arizona and ..." by this time we are both laughing and it suddenly dawns on me that I really have a great, goofy and wonderful life.

Now if I tell her about all of you, what do you think her reaction might be? And how do I explain Y'all?

LOL...

I wish I could help explain "US"... But, it could not be summed up in a huge book...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2012 ERA 24' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:36 PM   #67726

Great pics Steve. Hi Annie

Dwayne, follow the recommendations of the good doctor. Will you be doctored in the Veterans Hospital? Hope that all goes well with your back. Sounds like you won't be laying under Rainmaker in the near future. But then . . . . . you have more future that the majority of us. It'll work out for ya.

Pssst. . . . . listen to Shara too.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:43 PM   #67727

Hello Mutants !!!

Dwayne we are sending ooohhhmmmsss your way, please be good to yourself. Welcome homes to Earlene and Larry as well the generator remains on high output.

We landed in North Platte, Nebraska today, it looks like they have some spots I need to check out mainly a railroad museum and Marcia spotted a winery as well, so yes we will be going. We have never really traveled Nebraska before and I have to say we really had a pleasant day of travel and I was averaging 12.5 mpg, I'll take that tailwind any day. We will leave here on Friday, and our destination will be somewhere in Iowa, our meandering roll to Indiana is working out nicely. It seems there have been many earthquakes and rumblings in Yellowstone, hopefully those will settle down so when we try to go there again we will be successful. Anyway we have till Thursday evening to explore here and we are looking forward to that ...

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:47 PM   #67728

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Great pics Steve. Hi Annie

Dwayne, follow the recommendations of the good doctor. Will you be doctored in the Veterans Hospital? Hope that all goes well with your back. Sounds like you won't be laying under Rainmaker in the near future. But then . . . . . you have more future that the majority of us. It'll work out for ya.

Pssst. . . . . listen to Shara too.
Well said, as always Sir Mutant Master of Lucidity.

I am especially struck by the reference to our current shelf life. None of us know how long we have. But the older we get the less likely another 50, 40, 30... years becomes. I wish you well in attaining your goal Steve. You have already improved your odds.

Now back to Dwayne... Keep us informed.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:41 PM   #67729

Please pass on our blessings and good ommmmmmsss to all who are having difficulties. Our own problems are too minor to mention.

I'd like to change the subject a little; the Great RV Mutant Mooning is fast upon us. I just asked Barb to send me the park info again, which she very graciously has done. At least now I know where I'm going, now. (Not always the case!) I also asked Barb about the best routes to get there, and was wondering if we should set aside a discussion on that subject.

We plan to leave a park in Idaho near the west gate of Yellowstone. We can go south and pick up I-15, I-86 and I-84 to take us across the top of Oregon, but we were wondering if there were other opinions that experienced PNW travellers might know.

Tom & Jan
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:02 PM   #67730

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE View Post
Please pass on our blessings and good ommmmmmsss to all who are having difficulties. Our own problems are too minor to mention.

I'd like to change the subject a little; the Great RV Mutant Mooning is fast upon us. I just asked Barb to send me the park info again, which she very graciously has done. At least now I know where I'm going, now. (Not always the case!) I also asked Barb about the best routes to get there, and was wondering if we should set aside a discussion on that subject.

We plan to leave a park in Idaho near the west gate of Yellowstone. We can go south and pick up I-15, I-86 and I-84 to take us across the top of Oregon, but we were wondering if there were other opinions that experienced PNW travellers might know.

Tom & Jan
It's been suggest by Barb to take 26 across Oregon, rather than going further north along I-84. I was planning on doing the route 26 path. Will fill-up prior to taking that route as it's around 300 miles or so.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:13 PM   #67731

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE View Post

Tom & Jan
Hey Tom... Annie says hi!

We're going in the boring way according to Barb... Twin Falls to Boise to Burns to Bend to Idanha. If you Mapquest that from your location you'll see the way the boring do it.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:42 AM   #67732
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
OK., I haven't figured out this multiquote thing, so before I get too far in my catching up... Di, I wish I had seen that post about checking out the lake of the ozarks campground before I left... I'm home now, and was half the day Saturdsay ferrying campers into Warsaw to do the laundry thing for those who were going to be there the next week.

Also, I noticed Omms were needed for mel's mom. Those have now been made. Ok, I started on page 4814 and It looks like there are well over 10 pages to catch up on! I'll see the page count when I hit submit reply.
Thanks, Marty. Mom has pulled through, to everyone's surprise. She was discharged on Friday and is now in rehab. This bout of pneumonia (5th time in the past 2&1/2 yrs) really took a toll on her, though. She has lost a lot of weight over the last 2 years. She's down to 101 lbs now and is very weak. She really hates being so helpless.

Kate and I spend every day off with her. She tells us that Zorro is the best medicine. When he saw her the first time after she got out of hospital, he went berserk! Jumped up on her lap and smothered her with kisses! Happy tears filled her eyes. She loves him to pieces.

I sure miss chatting with everyone. One of these days I'll be back on more regularly.

It's good to know Larry is on the mend! Looks like Earlene was in hospital. (Kind of a drastic way to get away from Wayne for a few days, dontcha think?) Ommmms for Dwayne. Back pain is the worst.

Hugs all around!

M
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote