RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2017, 01:14 PM   #67789

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey, I saw a piece of news I found amusing today.... Phoenix is cancelling flights... too hot for the planes! I'm sure it is not at all amusing for those who are ticket holders who need to get places... but from out here were we get soaring summer time temps here in a few more weeks... it was amusing, the only thing MCI cancels for is too much ice on the runways or tornadoes (which are short lived). Just hope the fellas fueling the planes don't smoke while they do it in those high temps!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2017, 01:29 PM   #67790

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Hey, I saw a piece of news I found amusing today.... Phoenix is cancelling flights... too hot for the planes! I'm sure it is not at all amusing for those who are ticket holders who need to get places... but from out here were we get soaring summer time temps here in a few more weeks... it was amusing, the only thing MCI cancels for is too much ice on the runways or tornadoes (which are short lived). Just hope the fellas fueling the planes don't smoke while they do it in those high temps!
I keep weather bug notifications on where we frequent or plan to visit. That popped up and today 117 degrees in Paradise RV park in Sun City. It's going to be 94 here today and that is warm. This are is beautiful and truly is the high desert. And we didn't get pics that do justice to the Great Basin. The heat is u usual but I'm certain there are at least 2 perfect times of the year to be here. There was some snow on the ground and 38 degrees here a week or so ago.

Here's what I know. It is great to be rolling on the rainbow again. It was a great year but my July sinus surgery, Annies 5 days in the hospital in Dec her father passing away in Jan, the coach redux and recovery time really put a damper on things. And yet, so much was seen, accomplished, enjoyed and learned along the way. Pinch me I'm dreaming.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:07 PM   #67791

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Our new neighbors just pulled out. A very nice 2006 Travel Supreme Select. They were moving the coach from winter in Florida to summer in Seattle. Not an uncommon thing by any means. When they pulled in i noticed the driver was a 50 something lady in a ball cap. Next comes the 15 year old grandson and 5 year old grand daughter. The 3 of them were on a road trip. So off they go!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170621_115145.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	165947   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170621_115311.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	165948  

Old 06-21-2017, 02:21 PM   #67792

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Our new neighbors just pulled out. A very nice 2006 Travel Supreme Select. They were moving the coach from winter in Florida to summer in Seattle. Not an uncommon thing by any means. When they pulled in i noticed the driver was a 50 something lady in a ball cap. Next comes the 15 year old grandson and 5 year old grand daughter. The 3 of them were on a road trip. So off they go!
I'm sure my DW Mary Ann would not hesitate to strike out on her own with a couple of grandkids in tow. She's driven our MH from central Indiana to Yellowstone in 2013 when I was recovering from emergency hernia surgery (a few weeks before our colossal Alaskan adventure).

BTW, Mary Ann and I have learned how to deal with food cravings. Now we just may be in denial but we simply say "that xxxx doesn't even look good let alone taste good". Works for us . . . . . . . . . .most of the time.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:39 PM   #67793

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
I'm sure my DW Mary Ann would not hesitate to strike out on her own with a couple of grandkids in tow. She's driven our MH from central Indiana to Yellowstone in 2013 when I was recovering from emergency hernia surgery (a few weeks before our colossal Alaskan adventure).

BTW, Mary Ann and I have learned how to deal with food cravings. Now we just may be in denial but we simply say "that xxxx doesn't even look good let alone taste good". Works for us . . . . . . . . . .most of the time.

Now I'm worried!

Pawpa Steve and Mary Ann's eyes are going bad!
Old 06-21-2017, 03:40 PM   #67794

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I thought I saw someplace during the last year there was a phone you could put a better lens on to make better pictures ... or there was a company doing special lenses to clip on your phone... maybe not just any phone...
You are correct. There is ONE like that, the Moto Z. But it's Android and if you're not into fragmented markets and want to throw your hardware away on every major software upgrade, it's just not a very good option.

Quote:
So help me out... did you pass the highly grueling mutant exam and get your official RVM #... been sort of busy and my memory is clouded with visions of trains and lakes and rainbows that I don't recall.

If so, I apologize. If not... Tell more of what you 8 footer doesn't have and You Don't Miss or Need... And declare the Journey is the Destination! Etc. Etc. Etc. Said in my best Yul Brynner.
You know, I can't even imagine a Yul Brynner voice, guess I wasn't a big fan...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:01 PM   #67795
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Steve, ignore Tim's crude comments. He's just jealous that you and Mary Ann are gonna show up in Oregon looking svelte and he's not. I understand it's a mind over matter thing.

After I had Gastric Bypass surgery my tastes changed. Many of the foods I used to LOVE no longer taste worth bothering to eat. Greasy, fatty foods are particularly distasteful.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:05 PM   #67796
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
You know, I can't even imagine a Yul Brynner voice, guess I wasn't a big fan...
It's a line from a song in The King and I. Yul couldn't sing, but I can hear him uttering that line.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:41 PM   #67797

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrojake View Post
Now that sounds like a plan!
Thanks for the invite!

In the meantime I'll be following the thread.
Consider it part of my RVer's on-line training program.
-Ej-

Jake, following this thread is good. It demonstrates the RVM lifestyle.
I'm Dave, RV Mutant #1.
If you go to this link you can see what the RV Mutants are about and how to join this crowd of witty misfits!
We would prefer to have you with us as a Sick Twisted Mutant (STM).
You would be much welcomed.
Dave

http://rvmutants.com/?redirect=false

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #67798

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
It's a line from a song in The King and I. Yul couldn't sing, but I can hear him uttering that line.
Lol...
https://youtu.be/1JHH6iwgIek
Old 06-21-2017, 09:18 PM   #67799
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Electrojake, once you get your RVM number I'll send you the official RVM dictionary, we'll let you join our secret email list and Dave will teach you the RVM secret handshake. Membership has many rewards!
Old 06-21-2017, 11:17 PM   #67800

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Sue... look what I found in our freezer...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170621_211634.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	165979  
Old 06-21-2017, 11:42 PM   #67801
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Thanks Wayne, haven't had anything to eat since midnight, Dr appointment at 11:20. Standard stuff but with a new primary care physician. My old one retired,and leading up to retirement we spent more time talking about RVing than my health!

Think I'll have a hot roll when I get out. With honey. And chicken. And a brownie. And sweet tea. And ice cream. And cobbler.
Go for it Tim. Just remember this phrase, "Round is a shape!"

See, I'm in shape.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:51 PM   #67802

Quote:
1.) So help me out... did you pass the highly grueling mutant exam and get your official RVM #...

2.) Tell more of what your 8 footer doesn't have and You Don't Miss or Need... And declare the Journey is the Destination!
1.) No Sir. Not yet but I will shortly.
The more I go back into this thread and read some of the old posts the more I’m expecting a UFO Spotters Guide to be tucked in here someplace.

2.) About my RV. My um...“8 footer”
It’s actually 8.5 feet. I mention it because that extra six inches means a lot to a man, especially an RV noobie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Electrojake, once you get your RVM number I'll send you the official RVM dictionary, we'll let you join our secret email list and Dave will teach you the RVM secret handshake. Membership has many rewards!
The very first post in the thread explains it quite well (I just read it now).

To be honest about this, I'd say that I'm the RV Mutant here considering you guys actually do RV and i'm not quite there yet, at least not till January when the wife retires (I hope).

Second RVM item that comes to mind: The wet-bath in my "8.5 footer" is so small I have to poop with the door open or my knees hit my chin.
Cheers,
Jake
Electrojake is offline   Reply With Quote