RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2017, 02:09 PM   #67929

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Following the great mooning, our route home might take us on US 12 east of Lewiston. That part of our trip is still in the early planning stage. We might be too pooped to lollygag home after 6 - 8 weeks on the road. But it's a definite maybe.
Right through our home stomping ground!

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2017, 02:13 PM   #67930

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
OK, new plan - my bottles that I buy here cost me $.05 deposit. Since OR is now giving out $.10 for returns, I'm going to bring like a thousand or more empties with me and go to those fancy "redemption centers" where one can cash in up to 350 bottles per day and make me some $$$
Sorry to burst your bubble there but if you investigate further, only bottles bought in Oregon can be returned in Oregon. It says on another site that it is illegal to try to return bottles bought in other states. How they determine whether it was purchased in Oregon or not, I have no idea.

Old 06-25-2017, 02:20 PM   #67931

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
[COLOR=Blue]

Okay everyone, a word of suggestion at the great mooning. Don't use any of Tim's plates or silverware.

Sounds like very good advice. Thanks for the warning.

And look who's speaking! Besides we are not East or West of anything.

That is totally incorrect. Everyone is from the North of us.
Only half is incorrect for you. As I said -- It's all a matter of perspective!

Old 06-25-2017, 02:30 PM   #67932

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Not sure if I mentioned it here or not... But the driver window on CR-V Mutant caught a rock between Wells and Eden. My noisy view as we drive is worse than the actual view through the Safelite crash wrap that will be with us until Tuesday morning at 10 am... oh the humanity!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170625_132656.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	166343  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:06 PM   #67933
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble there but if you investigate further, only bottles bought in Oregon can be returned in Oregon. It says on another site that it is illegal to try to return bottles bought in other states. How they determine whether it was purchased in Oregon or not, I have no idea.
There must be something in the bar code. The Arrowhead water bottle sitting next to me says CA CRV, HI 5 cents, OR 10 cents. Also it says product of Canada. I bought it in WA this week.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:24 PM   #67934

R U an RV Mutant too?

I'm thinking I have an extra 60c per six pack I buy. Lots of laundry coins in the jar!
Carl, my empties are yours.

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:14 PM   #67935

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I'm thinking I have an extra 60c per six pack I buy. Lots of laundry coins in the jar!
Carl, my empties are yours.
What are laundry coins.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:49 PM   #67936

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
More gov't insanity. Does it really make a difference where the bottle came from? If they pulled crap like that, well, guess where those bottles would wind up? In the trash, so much for being "green". I'll likely have some with me and if I find a "redemption center" I'll be sure to stop and try it out.

The stores around here, when bottle deposits first started (long, long ago), some stores would try to say "are you sure you bought those here" and it's like, duh, I don't care where I bought them, you're giving me my deposit back because that's what you do. I've not heard that line for quite some time and the newer bottle machines, I really doubt they have the intelligence to say where the bottle was actually purchased, it'd take a bit more than a bar code to tell them that.

So we pay these lawyers to sit around and write all this crap up, most likely driven by those that will benefit the most by how it is worded. From an outsider, it looks like OR has done as much as possible to enact a law that sounds great but then made it difficult for compliance due to lack of redemption centers, rules that allow retailers to refuse giving deposits back, etc. smh
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:52 PM   #67937

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
There must be something in the bar code. The Arrowhead water bottle sitting next to me says CA CRV, HI 5 cents, OR 10 cents. Also it says product of Canada. I bought it in WA this week.
Unless the bar code was stamped out at time of purchase, all it identifies is the vendor, the product and *maybe* where it was produced (not likely). Usually the batch/lot # or some such thing is stamped separately from the barcode as barcodes are not meant to track batches/lots, just vendors, products, stuff of that nature. Not even price is there, that's another lookup based on product code.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:55 PM   #67938

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
What are laundry coins.
I'm torn on this, although I have hookups for a washer/dryer combo, I'm not sure I'd want the additional weight on the back where it is since I'm already at my limits with the bike, water bed, big TV/stereo. Adding that machine will definitely send me that much over the limit. And I get the convenience and owning it and all, I mean I do have those at the S&B. Just trying to figure out how to deal with that much more weight. Ugh...
Old 06-25-2017, 09:30 PM   #67939

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I'm torn on this, although I have hookups for a washer/dryer combo, I'm not sure I'd want the additional weight on the back where it is since I'm already at my limits with the bike, water bed, big TV/stereo. Adding that machine will definitely send me that much over the limit. And I get the convenience and owning it and all, I mean I do have those at the S&B. Just trying to figure out how to deal with that much more weight. Ugh...
250 pounds I believe. But there must be something in the space now other than air and plumbing? Oh yeah, returnable bottles...

That's for the combo. Not sure what the combined weight of stackable would be.

More grist for the mill...

Like the residential fridge... I was more enamored with the idea of flexibility with propane than I was the actual functionality overall when I had the Amish unit put on. Should have gone Samsung back then. You have to weigh all these decisions and do it within the confines of the chassis etc.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:46 PM   #67940

Fleetwood Owners Club
Carl you can have my empty bottles and cans too! I'll just toss them at your site!
Old 06-25-2017, 09:48 PM   #67941

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Carl you can have my empty bottles and cans too! I'll just toss them at your site!
Old 06-25-2017, 09:51 PM   #67942

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Carl.. here's where ya save the weight to add the combo washer dryer.

https://m.harley-davidson.com/#bikes/xl1200c