RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2017, 08:38 PM   #68153

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Couple PoPs... or trip to Sun Valley.
Stopped for sushi on the way back in Hailey.
It still staggers my mind to know that there are millions of Americans that have not ventured outside of their city, county, or state. What's really sad is that they have absolutely no desire to do so.

Thanks for the tour of America ALL OF YOU MUTEY'S. Your pictures and explanations of what you see is really appreciated. Our next little venture is merely 5000 plus in miles and my patience to get to it is running thin.

My mantra is: "If you haven't seen it before, it's worth looking at" Some are worth a 3 - 20 day stay to soak it all in.

Hi Annie
Papawto5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2017, 09:23 PM   #68154

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
It still staggers my mind to know that there are millions of Americans that have not ventured outside of their city, county, or state. What's really sad is that they have absolutely no desire to do so.

Thanks for the tour of America ALL OF YOU MUTEY'S. Your pictures and explanations of what you see is really appreciated. Our next little venture is merely 5000 plus in miles and my patience to get to it is running thin.

My mantra is: "If you haven't seen it before, it's worth looking at" Some are worth a 3 - 20 day stay to soak it all in.

Hi Annie
I'm with ya there Steve. Stayin put is easy, so lots of people do it. And then there's the heredity of the mutant gene. The gene itself mutates, more for some, less for others. I think most of us mutants had those crazy family car vacations - tent or other camping experiences as kids. And after that, it was all gene mutation that brought us here, and refuses to be denied.

I especially relate to the multiple visits, lingering stays in some places. That's how I managed to go to the Tetons and Yellowstone so many times. Had to go back. It was too much to take in, much less travel through in a short period. All trips were in the B-Van so moving was easy but the distances and stops along the way make moving along slow. Especially when the wildlife are active. And a month makes a difference in everything - no month is like another. Even winter begins and advances month by month. If you stop a while you can almost see the changes. The latest I was there was Sept, the earliest I believe was late June. What ever year it was - I missed the closing of the East Gate and had to go out through the north... enter the Chief Joseph highway to Cody. Google it.

So back to your point Steve. If all someone were to do was Google Chief Joseph Scenic Highway and look at those pics... how could they not say - wow I'd like to go there! And then Not go there or anywhere.

I know southern and northern Idaho are vastly different and can't wait to see more. So now - Idaho joins Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, on the must go back list. Of course we must return to South Dakota - both just for drivers license renewal, but because we love it there. Montana is high on the list for the International Peace Park. Often charted, never driven. Take pics Marty! Lots of them.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:22 PM   #68155

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Warning Repeat post..... NOVEMBER 2017

FEMUC

Will post this occasionally for those just getting on who have not ketchupped.....

Everyone is invited..... ya'll come....
Ya'll might not believe this but Sandee and I worked very hard on figuring out a way to attend this one but it would need to be 2 weeks earlier to fit it in our schedule.

BTW...we really like the Downtown North LR RV Park! Been there a few times and always enjoyed the visit.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:27 AM   #68156

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Couple PoPs... or trip to Sun Valley.
Stopped for sushi on the way back in Hailey.
So, I'm guessing you didn't see any movie stars while in Sun Valley?

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:10 AM   #68157
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I'm with ya there Steve. Stayin put is easy, so lots of people do it. And then there's the heredity of the mutant gene. The gene itself mutates, more for some, less for others. I think most of us mutants had those crazy family car vacations - tent or other camping experiences as kids. And after that, it was all gene mutation that brought us here, and refuses to be denied.
I must have been adopted and nobody told me. My first time camping was when I was 22 and with my ex. Chiggers ate me alive, but I still had a GREAT time. My second night spent in an RV is the one I live in to this day. I just knew I would enjoy RVing!

And ... I've met the best people in the world amongst the RV community. I pity those who won't even consider a trip in one.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:17 AM   #68158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Ya'll might not believe this but Sandee and I worked very hard on figuring out a way to attend this one but it would need to be 2 weeks earlier to fit it in our schedule.

BTW...we really like the Downtown North LR RV Park! Been there a few times and always enjoyed the visit.

Awwww so sorry..... its hard to pick dates.... Barb was coming to visit at that time, so she and I decided to open it to all.....

We are still hoping that we will get to rv more and farther away from home.....
Larry is still having some issues that are keeping us close to home.... his driveline is not healed yet, and is still seeping, 2 cultures have been negative, but are still changing the dressing daily.
He has never seen an Endicrine Dr. Fir his insulin dependent diabetes. Saw one in Wed and he changed his insulin and amounts.
His blood numbers are still not where they should be. He was back in the hospital week before last with a gI bleed, received 3 bags of blood.

So bottom line, Barb said if we couldnt come to see her, the she would come see us..... thank you so very much Barb.... and to each person that can make it.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #68159

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I must have been adopted and nobody told me. My first time camping was when I was 22 and with my ex. Chiggers ate me alive, but I still had a GREAT time. My second night spent in an RV is the one I live in to this day. I just knew I would enjoy RVing!

And ... I've met the best people in the world amongst the RV community. I pity those who won't even consider a trip in one.
But what about all those fishing trips to Rockport (My Retirement and Going Full Time fair city???)
Old 07-01-2017, 09:50 AM   #68160

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
So, I'm guessing you didn't see any movie stars while in Sun Valley?
We didn't spend much time in town. It was crowded and there was a bike ride event going on. Every other shop is a bike, ski, fish, hunt shop lol. We tried to go to the Pioneer Saloon but they don't open till 4 and close at 10. Big partying town apparently. 9:30 last call. You don't have to go home, but ya can't stay here. Lol.

We did pass numerous private drives, streets etc and there are some beautiful homes, condos, duplex, lots for sale. We would have loved to continue north. The further north you go, the more beautiful the surroundings. But you know that!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170630_131339.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	167110   Click image for larger version

Name:	1498920467947.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	167113  

Old 07-01-2017, 12:22 PM   #68161
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post

Now Don, that's an easy fix. Change the other parts of your schedule!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:42 PM   #68162
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
But what about all those fishing trips to Rockport (My Retirement and Going Full Time fair city???)
Those car trips weren't any fun. We only stopped when the car needed gas. Dad lived to go to Rockport. He'd spent a lot of time there when he was a kid. Eventually he retired and moved there and us kids could chose how and when we went to Rockport.

Even as an adult, I seemed to always be the one who got to stay home and take care of everything. Once I retired and could choose where and how I traveled RVing seemed to be the best choice. I love the freedom our small RV gives us. We can pretty much go anywhere.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #68163

Quote:
Warning Repeat post..... NOVEMBER 2017

Attachment 166995

Will post this occasionally for those just getting on who have not ketchupped.....

Everyone is invited..... ya'll come....
We're in. The last available riverfront site. Whew! Hope it's still warm enough to sit out & watch the lights on the bridges after dark.

Anybody want to make a silk-covered hanging (tree) ornament? Easy-peasy & not a huge time commitment. Maybe an hour.

Cheers!
Old 07-01-2017, 04:02 PM   #68164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
We're in. The last available riverfront site. Whew! Hope it's still warm enough to sit out & watch the lights on the bridges after dark.

Anybody want to make a silk-covered hanging (tree) ornament? Easy-peasy & not a huge time commitment. Maybe an hour.

Cheers!

Yippee,

I will make one.....
Weather should be fine... usually is...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #68165
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Yippee,

I will make one.....
Weather should be fine... usually is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post

Cheers!
Oh my, did you ask to be near me....er Earlene?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #68166

Vintage RV Owners Club
Carl and those daring to travel through South Dakota in August... remember about the Sturgis Harley and other Biker's thing ends about Aug. 12 or so...Overnighting sites will be harder to find until then.

Got most of the places booked for our trip... we will be one day shorter in OR on the incoming side as Glacier National Park is a bit more than I want to bite off in a hurry, but should we get bored... we will come on in a day early if we can rearrainge the reservation in between There and Oregon... although it sounded like a day earlier would be ok too. Lots of summer time things going on!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote