Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #6889

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Update on Jeeping at the GC:

The only places I have found online are pay-to-play spots that major in mud. Not my fav venue. :-(

X2 Dave !!

I mean mud is possible as my Jeep pretty much can keep it on the outside, but if you get stuck you have to get in it ..... ..... I have a photo somewhere, of when I was a kid we had a three bedroom farm house with one bathroom, and mom had spent time getting us all bathed and cleaned up for church, well while she was getting ready, my brothers and I found a mud puddle that just needed playing in. Needless to say we got muddy, and mom snapped a photo of us just before we got a good spanking and a reclean, you just have to think twice before you play in the mud.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #6890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
QUOTE=PTJeep;1818875]Hey Wayne !!

Where is your pioneer spirit ? You don't let a little chill phase ya do you ?

Cheers !!!
You can take all that cold and snow and shovel it right back up to the Eskimos. You can bet your sweet beanie I don't like the chill.. [/QUOTE]

Hey Wayne !!

I dont mind the cold so much, but I am with you on shoveling that snow right on back to the Eskimos, After living in Michigan for 50 plus years I'd rather not play in the snow if I have to move it, and I have moved plenty. Once I was using the tractor with snowblower attached and after I got done I couldnt find my cell phone, well I finally found it the following spring when the snow melted, it was spread over a snowbank in many many pieces, seems they dont hold up so well going through the augers.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #6891

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
QUOTE=PTJeep;1818875]Hey Wayne !!

Where is your pioneer spirit ? You don't let a little chill phase ya do you ?

Cheers !!!
Quote:

You can take all that cold and snow and shovel it right back up to the Eskimos. You can bet your sweet beanie I don't like the chill..
Boy have you got things screwed up. The Eskimos didn't make the playoffs and the Grey Cup Footmall game is between the Regina Roughriders and The HamiltonTigercats. The Canadian Championship game this year is the 101st annual event. Field conditions today are mild breeze and 1C or 33F (your choice) and some of the players suffered frostbite at practice Friday. Beer and Chilli Grey Cup party at my place and I'm betting on the Tigercats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
For us its 604 to CL and 582 miles to Spearfish. And we are only 109 miles from Lebanon Kansas, the geographical center of the United States. And only 750 miles from Rugby North Dakota, the geographical center of North America. Does that make us close to the center of the universe? I guess we can ponder that a bit.
Nope, its kind of an inside joke in Canada. Toronto's ex Mayor Mel Lastman once proclaimed that being Toronto had a larger population than most of the provinces it should be declared a province itself and be the true center of everything happening and that got muddied into Toronto being the center of the universe. As evidenced on the news and late nite TV shows the present Mayor is a tad on the cracked side.

Quote:

The only places I have found online are pay-to-play spots that major in mud. Not my fav venue. :-(
Quote:

Last Time I went fishing it took three runs through the car wash to clean it up enough for DW to get in it to go anywhere. May have to replace the old girl its a 1994 and has over 400,000 miles on her but at present she still runs so good I don't have the heart to do away with her
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #6892

Monaco Owners Club
Good day, Mutants!

I know I'm late to the game, but we learned how to play Mexican dominoes last night at a friends house. OMG that was fun! We promptly ordered tournament dominoes from Amazon, as well as really cute little brass trains. We have family games on every holiday and family gathering, so now we have a neat addition to the mix. I'm addicted!

Jeeping friends - the national Camp Jeep is in the next county over from us every summer. Come play in the mud! We have awesome campgrounds nearby and would be happy to play Mexican train dominoes with other mutants!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #6893

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Brrrrr. DFW weather is one thing I can't wait to not have and not miss. Brrrr.

You hunkered down on the other side of town Herb? Did I mention Brrr.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #6894

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

Dave there are some national Forrest service roads nearby, not real scenic unless you just want to get out of town. I'll do some checking around.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #6895

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Brrrrr. DFW weather is one thing I can't wait to not have and not miss. Brrrr. You hunkered down on the other side of town Herb? Did I mention Brrr.
Steve we are definitely hunkered down. Sleet has started here how bout there?
Old 11-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #6896

Fleetwood Owners Club
Steve, Herb, please keep your weather away from paradise. I stood in 10 to 12 mph wind at 28 degrees and tried to keep 12 cookers burning this morning. Wind gust so bad it tumped one cooker over! If I never see another deep fried turkey again that will be ok with me!

Sadly your weather is headed this way.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #6897

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Steve, Herb, please keep your weather away from paradise. I stood in 10 to 12 mph wind at 28 degrees and tried to keep 12 cookers burning this morning. Wind gust so bad it tumped one cooker over! If I never see another deep fried turkey again that will be ok with me! Sadly your weather is headed this way.
Man I know that wasn't fun! Cooker blown over? Wow hope it wasn't close enough to another one to get in the burner. What a mess!
Old 11-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #6898

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb

Steve we are definitely hunkered down. Sleet has started here how bout there?
Sleet mixed with mostly rain. Annie went out for a few things at the grocery store this morning. Cold but mostly dry. She just decided to make a quick run to the fish market. Needs a pound of lump crab meat for an appetizer I make and some of their smoked salmon spread. I stuff endive with them. We pretty much have all we need for a Thanksgiving day feast right now but she wants to get it out of the way. It's a short drive and the roads are basically "rain wet". She'll be fine but tomorrow looks worse and she definitely doesn't want to be going out Tue or Wed. Too many people and too much prep to do. And we're not even having a big shindig
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #6899
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Beer and Chilli Grey Cup party at my place and I'm betting on the Tigercats.
Go Saskatchewan Roughriders Go!!!

Go Green Go!!!

Sorry Possum, but you gotta pick a winning team next time!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #6900

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
There are 2 differences between men and boys -- the price of their toys and the size of the boyz on "their" team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #6901

Quote:
Hey Don - given any thought to bringing the Jeep to the GC @ CL. The Jeepers have mentioned trying to get off road somewhere nearby?
Some Jeepen sounds fun. If we can find a place. 32 degrees here and snow and blow. But the Cheifs are winning by 4. Been close all the way with about 5 lead changes.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #6902

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Sleet mixed with mostly rain. Annie went out for a few things at the grocery store this morning. Cold but mostly dry. She just decided to make a quick run to the fish market. Needs a pound of lump crab meat for an appetizer I make and some of their smoked salmon spread. I stuff endive with them. We pretty much have all we need for a Thanksgiving day feast right now but she wants to get it out of the way. It's a short drive and the roads are basically "rain wet". She'll be fine but tomorrow looks worse and she definitely doesn't want to be going out Tue or Wed. Too many people and too much prep to do. And we're not even having a big shindig
One thing bout full timing is you won't have any big productions anymore during holidays. We either eat with family or just go out somewhere. This year all the kids are at their in laws so we are hanging here at the home base and joining the full timers here for a joint Thanksgiving meal.