RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #69259

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
His stomach must have a small outlet or it's tipped up at a weird angle or something... tight curve in there or something... glad it's on the move!

Sometimes auto-cams lose "focus" on their designed mission. Perhaps attraction to a navy bean that the pill followed ?
Thanks for the great news, Di

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2017, 07:03 PM   #69260

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ed... it's a weird connection here in Idanah. Can't send reply to you text... but can check email etc. As to your smoke question... I know your concerned about Jackie so here's the honest assessment. BTW - how's she doing??

We have been about an hour from Idanah (Silverton / Salem area) the past 4 days and today Idanah proper. We have observed that there is some smoke in the air the past 3 days depending on wind and where you are. We have yet to actually smell smoke anywhere or feel any signs of smoke - eyes, nose etc. The sky above a litter earlier was pretty clear. But in the distance it is clearly visible. More like an overcast day than smokey.

I know Tom and Jan have been over in Salem and may have been watching the news or have input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170809_153707.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	172326   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170809_153742.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	172327  

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #69261

American Coach Owners Club
R U a Mutant

Thanks Steve .

We are in Jerome Idaho stopped at a Wal-Mart to load up. Trying to decide if we should continue a slow roll or push for a early arrival.

Jackie's cold is better today, yesterday not so good. Probably 2 or 3 more days and she should be 80 percent.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:38 PM   #69262

Fleetwood Owners Club
Steve what's the weather expected in Idanha? Here on the coast we are in jeans and jackets! You would love the salmon fishing here, next trip I may plan time for it. Hundreds of boats trolling for salmon. You'll see 5-6 boats at any time reeling in fish.

Papa Steve don't let the tire problems get your BP up, it's just one of those thangs!

Marty hang in there, worry might turn your hair purple! Can't wait to see you!
Old 08-09-2017, 07:47 PM   #69263

Fleetwood Owners Club
For those concerned about inhaling smoke at thr GC I might pass along the medical warning. Plastic bags placed over heads, mouth and noses is not an acceptable smoke deterrent.

Might I suggest you contact Earline on how she handles the problem. Wayne's been blowing smoke for many years!

Speaking of smoke, saw several shops today selling, Weed, Canabus, Pot and Marijuana! I'm guessing it's legal here?
Old 08-09-2017, 07:48 PM   #69264
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Every time I want get the time and am ready to head out to go Run the plug out to the MotorHome and take the vacuum out there to give it a whirl... it starts pouring...LOL! So I'm inside filling my tubs that I use for sorting and staging things to go out there. It's all falling into place one little bit at a time.

My towing check off list has 20 steps , Barb! I wanted an even number, and didn't want to forget my hairpin cotter pins so those are separate from the bent tow pins removal, replacement steps.
Oh my! I only have 10 -- that way I don't have to take off my shoes to keep count.

No rain here since early June. No wonder it's fire season. The sky is still hazy from smoke, but there is rain in the Sunday forecast. I'm hoping that helps tame the fires and clear away the smoke.

The girls and I head south tomorrow.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:02 PM   #69265

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
There are two schools of camp on this - I lock both the tow bar and the pins that are on the car. Some don't like to do that in case of fire and they want to "save" their car. If there's a fire, I'm as far away from there as I can get, who cares about the car!
Especially if you just filled propane tank... when she goes, she's gone...
Old 08-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #69266
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Well, it's on the list to get a lock for the tow bar...more needed?
Be careful about putting a locking pin in your towbar. I had one that used a round key. The dust cap disappeared and I couldn't get the key to work. I finally took a BIG hammer to it. Now I plan to use one of these instead.

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-1...8%22+hitch+pin

On my RV the hitch pin isn't easy to get to or visible to someone just walking by. I'm probably going to get 1/2" pins like that for the front of the car, too. Less pieces to lose and feels more secure. Smarty is staying here along with the kayak and trike. Wow! I'll be able to back up!
Old 08-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #69267

Vintage RV Owners Club
I cannot figure out how that would work the red knob takes the place of a hair pin cotter pin...but how does it lock?
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:13 PM   #69268

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Thanks Steve .

We are in Jerome Idaho stopped at a Wal-Mart to load up. Trying to decide if we should continue a slow roll or push for a early arrival.

Jackie's cold is better today, yesterday not so good. Probably 2 or 3 more days and she should be 80 percent.
Lord... 80% in another 2 days... great mutants ghost man, give her some Ommms.... lots of em.

We recently shopped at that very Wal-Mart when we stayed at Anderson Camp in Eden Idaho over the 4th of July.

Some folks came in here this afternoon for 4 nights, running from Yellowstone smoke...

Is it Smokey there... ?
Old 08-09-2017, 08:16 PM   #69269

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Papaw... I remember the tire saga from 2 years ago... Oh the humanity.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:18 PM   #69270

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
For those concerned about inhaling smoke at thr GC I might pass along the medical warning. Plastic bags placed over heads, mouth and noses is not an acceptable smoke deterrent.

Might I suggest you contact Earline on how she handles the problem. Wayne's been blowing smoke for many years!

Speaking of smoke, saw several shops today selling, Weed, Canabus, Pot and Marijuana! I'm guessing it's legal here?
You have to go in... seriously. It's ok to be a tourist.

And good call on the plastic bags...
Old 08-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #69271
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Recreational marijuana can be purchased in Oregon, Washington and Colorado now with more states coming on board in 2018.

Curious, I visited one last fall and was shocked by the variety of products they carried. I comes in salve and edible forms as well. Washington taxes it heavily and they license the pot stores much like liquor stores. I was going to test some, but they can't accept credit cards and I had no cash. I didn't go back -- it still feels like something that will get me into trouble.

The best thing about legalizing it -- taking $ away from the drug cartels and giving it to the state.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:27 PM   #69272
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I cannot figure out how that would work the red knob takes the place of a hair pin cotter pin...but how does it lock?
The knob is on a spring. You pull it out to relocate the knob to the end of the pin so it will slide thru the hitch, then reverse the process to get it to lock to the side again.