Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2017, 09:57 PM   #69861
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Barry and Pat, even though you don't have an RV ---- stay safe and evacuate.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2017, 10:17 PM   #69862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I just sent Martin a message, we will be near you guys within a few days of the 25th.

Hooray! We'll brace ourselves for a visit from the fabulous duo. I'll break out the blackberry cordial, shall I? And the blueberry brandy?

Cheers!
Old 09-06-2017, 10:18 PM   #69863

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Tom... Jan...
Not sure where your place is in Florida... hope it's safe from what may or may not head that way! Ommms for sure!
I believe their house is in Clearwater, if I remember correctly. It sounds like a good time to NOT be there. Stay safe you two! Major Wohmmms (good weather Ohmms) going out to all in Irma's path.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:19 PM   #69864

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Don't forget the SMORES!!!

Oh yeah! All is in order, except our fires will never quite measure up to yours. You are, after all, the Award Winner!

Cheers!
Old 09-06-2017, 11:37 PM   #69865

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I believe their house is in Clearwater, if I remember correctly. It sounds like a good time to NOT be there. Stay safe you two! Major Wohmmms (good weather Ohmms) going out to all in Irma's path.
Funny, my BIL is heading to Sun City Center like tomorrow! Until the direction is really known, who knows where it'll wind up. West coast has the least chance thus far of getting nailed.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:56 PM   #69866

Fleetwood Owners Club
BOOM!

So we left Lakeside this morning and headed south on 101. Cliffs on one side of the road, dropoffs and ocean on the other, a little foggy but otherwisegreat views. Unfortunately, for some reason Carol is terrified about this combination, not enjoying it at all. Into California and through the redwoods and things are better. Then back along the ocean for a while. Boom! A noise from behind the MH. I look in the mirrors to see what looks like something falling off the trailer. No place to stop here, go slower to the first pull off area. The right rear trailer tire - that is, the 2 sidewalls, which are what's left of it - is loose on the rim. This is not the one I had just replaced, I was hoping this tire would make another couple of hundred miles. I was apparently wrong. After a fruitless call to my roadside assistance number (and some confusion as to what I was actually wanting), guess I have to do it all myself. Off comes the Mustang from the trailer, off comes the rim from the trailer and off goes me to the nearest town to look for a tire place. Find the tire place after a little confusion and find out most of the employees are still at lunch. Eventually they return and I call Carol to tell her I have a new tire and I am on my way back. Could I pick up something for lunch? Sure so off I go into town looking for fast food places. Several sit-down restaurants and cafés, only fast food is Subway. That won't do, so back to the MH I go. Get back, get tire on trailer, get Mustang back on trailer, have a sandwich for lunch and back on the road again. Get on down the road to find several areas of road work featuring one lane roads and stoplights. Finally get to campground around 7. This has been quite a day...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:47 AM   #69867

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Hey Barry and Pat, even though you don't have an RV ---- stay safe and evacuate.
Said the man who decided to ride it out at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
So we left Lakeside this morning and headed south on 101. Cliffs on one side of the road, dropoffs and ocean on the other, a little foggy but otherwisegreat views. Unfortunately, for some reason Carol is terrified about this combination, not enjoying it at all. Into California and through the redwoods and things are better. Then back along the ocean for a while. Boom! A noise from behind the MH. I look in the mirrors to see what looks like something falling off the trailer. No place to stop here, go slower to the first pull off area. The right rear trailer tire - that is, the 2 sidewalls, which are what's left of it - is loose on the rim. This is not the one I had just replaced, I was hoping this tire would make another couple of hundred miles. I was apparently wrong. After a fruitless call to my roadside assistance number (and some confusion as to what I was actually wanting), guess I have to do it all myself. Off comes the Mustang from the trailer, off comes the rim from the trailer and off goes me to the nearest town to look for a tire place. Find the tire place after a little confusion and find out most of the employees are still at lunch. Eventually they return and I call Carol to tell her I have a new tire and I am on my way back. Could I pick up something for lunch? Sure so off I go into town looking for fast food places. Several sit-down restaurants and cafés, only fast food is Subway. That won't do, so back to the MH I go. Get back, get tire on trailer, get Mustang back on trailer, have a sandwich for lunch and back on the road again. Get on down the road to find several areas of road work featuring one lane roads and stoplights. Finally get to campground around 7. This has been quite a day...
Well want that all just make your cheeks rosie!
Glad there was no incident to report with this, another words keep your cheeks on the road. Speaking of Subway, seems all the Pilots/FlyingJ's have Subways and since departing MT we've been traveling like Carl, fueling and driving and eating Subway. Stay safe!
Old 09-07-2017, 06:31 AM   #69868

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Said the man who decided to ride it out at home.

Well want that all just make your cheeks rosie!
Glad there was no incident to report with this, another words keep your cheeks on the road. Speaking of Subway, seems all the Pilots/FlyingJ's have Subways and since departing MT we've been traveling like Carl, fueling and driving and eating Subway. Stay safe!
See, I was smarter than doing Subway, I pre-purchased my cold cuts and rolls (kept bread frozen till time to eat) and made my own NICE sandwiches on the road. Much better than "slumpways".

But I'm still proud of youse learning how to make miles on the road, that's how it's done!!!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:30 AM   #69869
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave,
It's just a lifestyle you love...roll with it. But...sorry to hear of the problems.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:30 AM   #69870
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Hooray! We'll brace ourselves for a visit from the fabulous duo. I'll break out the blackberry cordial, shall I? And the blueberry brandy?

Cheers!
Hey, we have some of that drinking material here. Earlene made it. Ummm! Good.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:11 AM   #69871

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning mutants near and far!
Having solved the problem of the fallen closet yesterday, we're free to see a thing a too in these parts.

It's hot and the smoke haze seems worse today. Maybe even a bit of smoke smell. It's so sad how much beauty and years of growth have just gone up in smoke. The gorge has been devastated. The falls area was so full of people when we drove by the other day, people were parked along the highway. So sad. Omms to all in the area, and of course to those in south Texas and any in the line of the next beast.

Chat it up mutants. Especially you murkers out there. Let's hear your story!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:16 PM   #69872

Ohms again please....

due to gum disease, not tooth decay, Larry will be going back to hospital to have all of his teeth removed.... his gum disease was not checked prior, but that is a good thing, they might not have done the lvad.

However it is to danger point....

gum disease infection goes straight to the heart..... better to be without teeth than deal with heart infection... which is life threatening......

He of course is having a hard time with this thought, but for me, it is not a new thing being toothless....

It will be asap, in hospital probably 3 nights.... will post more when I know......

Ohms to all... from us two....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:43 PM   #69873

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Look out California here we come.

On another note, I noticed the braking cable for the Ready Brakeooked a little slack. Gave it a tug and it pulled out. Hmmm figured out the cable broke at the brake pedal. Not sure how long it's been this way. Another item to add to check list.

On a positive note gave manufacturer a call, shipping me a replacement at no charge.
Barb said they were a great company... I hope we don't need to get anything replaced any time soon... but we have liked our Ready Brute model!
Old 09-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #69874

Vintage RV Owners Club
So, Bob took off in my Honey with his girlfriend attached behind Honey this afternoon... I hope they have a great time in Joplin and he brings my Honey back in as good of condition as when she left. Kind of funny calling it a Fly In, as those little powered parachutes don't make long trips... so most of them drive in and fly around...LOL!

I sure hopes he remembers all the pointers I gave him as he was preparing and driving off down the driveway...... Maybe I am now an official nag and worry wort.