Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2017, 08:38 AM   #70575

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Bacon, bacon, bacon!!!

Attachment 178794
You hang out at some mighty fine address's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Yep! We also had rain. I hope you used that bar of soap you've been saving for 20+ years.
Thats no way to speak to Sue, you should be ashamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Not a lot, but yes, dampened the yard enough to grow more grass to mow..

Still looking for the electric switch on paddle so I can help get your yacht to NLR for the huge Urban GC...

At least the Yacht club is upstream & we can float down to NLR.. However, maybe tough to stop before New Orleans...
We got a pretty good rain here. Needed some down at Malvern, Mary and I planted a food plot at deer camp yesterday in hopes we would get some rain there!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2017, 08:38 AM   #70576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
We did. Does that help?

You're on a hill; how about Richard?
Hi Sue & Martin,

Yes, we are on a slope & look down on "Gray's Creek" that sometimes turns into a small lake...

Sorry the internet e-mail sometimes acts like snail mail... You should get your attachments soon, but in the meantime, here is a "red-neck" direction to the GC (From the North)... 1. set nav system to L.R. on I-30... If you get there you have gone too far. Turn around & as you go over the bridge, you will see the campground on the right... Please don't turn too soon, you will get wet unless you land on Tim's yacht...

See you there!

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:52 AM   #70577

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Sue & Martin,

Yes, we are on a slope & look down on "Gray's Creek" that sometimes turns into a small lake...

Sorry the internet e-mail sometimes acts like snail mail... You should get your attachments soon, but in the meantime, here is a "red-neck" direction to the GC (From the North)... 1. set nav system to L.R. on I-30... If you get there you have gone too far. Turn around & as you go over the bridge, you will see the campground on the right... Please don't turn too soon, you will get wet unless you land on Tim's yacht...

See you there!

Well of course you Look Down on things, mutant camp sites, creeks, rivers, etc....
That's how you became known as King Richard and Queen Ann!

I might add some info that's completely obvious but possibly helpful. The CG is right in the middle of town (actually two towns, Little Rock and North LR). Avoid arriving during rush hour. The I-30 area gets very busy. I would suggest arriving on Sunday if possible.

Yacht not looking promising, looking at other options. Think Tom Sawyer and a raft.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:15 AM   #70578

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim, you can borrow my kayak if it helps.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #70579

Vintage RV Owners Club
If you followed the Driving Miss Norma saga, her son and DIL have now bought a tugboat they are going to do a loop of the lakes, rivers, etc in the North east I believe... RIP Miss Norma... it's been a year since you left, but you left a ton of inspirations!
Old 10-04-2017, 12:27 PM   #70580

Quote:
Hi Sue & Martin,

See you there!
You aren't working on your ark yet?

Thanks for directions. Ummm, clear as chocolate pudding. 😉

Avoid rush hour ... got that! I drove Boston once, we've done Atlanta & others at rush hour, but not -- believe me -- by intelligent choice.

Cheers!
Old 10-04-2017, 12:30 PM   #70581

Quote:
Hi Sue & Martin,

See you there!
Oh, yes - - we got Di's email w/ attachments. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:54 PM   #70582
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Thats no way to speak to Sue, you should be ashamed.
Oh! Sue knows better than that.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:33 PM   #70583

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
If you followed the Driving Miss Norma saga, her son and DIL have now bought a tugboat they are going to do a loop of the lakes, rivers, etc in the North east I believe... RIP Miss Norma... it's been a year since you left, but you left a ton of inspirations!
Where might I find this saga?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:42 PM   #70584

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Where might I find this saga?

They had so many followers on Facebook, they made a book...
https://www.harperone.com/drivingmissnorma/
but the free version is on FB in every other daily installments and pictures, etc. ending with her memorial.

https://www.facebook.com/DrivingMissNorma/

Their new adventures will be on :

https://www.facebook.com/CruisingMis...NIl0R8ICM9Sjzw
here is the introduction to the cruising saga...

"
There are times in our lives when the next steps are about as clear as mud. As many of you know, our world has been rocked over the last two years. We are often asked, “what’s next?”
Would we settle down somewhere? Continue to drive around in our motorhome? Maybe do a book tour in Europe? It took us a while and a couple false starts to figure out the answer to these difficult questions.
We have interacted with many caregivers over the last months who find themselves asking the same questions. Who am I now that I don’t have parent(s)/partner/child(ren) to care for? How do I want to spend my time? What will my life look like?
We felt we needed to regroup, move a little slower, reconnect with the natural world and with each other. We remembered spending time with Tim’s mom in Roche Harbor on San Juan Island last summer pushing her wheelchair along the docks looking at boats.
We happened to be there when there was a tugboat rally. The three of us became enamored by the Ranger Tugs, reminding us of an RV on the water. We all laughed at the thought of moving Norma onto a tug boat to continue our journey.
A lot has happened since that sunny late-summer day in the Pacific Northwest. I imagine the stories will come out over time, but the short version is -- we decided to downsize again. This time from our 36’ motorhome to a bright red 29’ Ranger Tug.
Of course we aren’t real good at sitting still so we have embarked on a new epic journey. On Saturday, September 30th, exactly one year to the day Miss Norma died, we hit the road again. This time the “road” is America’s Great Loop. A 6000 mile circumnavigation of the eastern United States via lakes, rivers, canals, the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean.
We launched M/V Miss Norma from Grand Haven, Michigan on Saturday and made our way to Chicago. We plan to travel between 5 and 10 miles per hour for the next year. Slowing down to be sure.
If you would like to follow our travels, I have started a new Facebook page called "Cruising Miss Norma." If we are passing by your neck of the woods we hope you will come to the dock and say hello!
In the meantime, I’ll get some of the FAQs out of the way:
Ramie is the captain, Tim is the first mate. Ringo is the faithful deck dog.
Our dear friend, Sal, is along for the first week to ease us into our sea legs and provide a ton of confidence. We are so grateful.
No, we never heard of the Great Loop until this July.
No, we don’t have a lot of boating experience.
Yes, we are learning quickly -- very quickly.
Yes, we are excited, anxious and borderline terrified at times.
Yes, we feel fully alive!
What else do you want to know?
Come along for a ride on our fantastic voyage!"
Old 10-04-2017, 04:03 PM   #70585

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Barb but Mary's not as good at balancing on my shoulders and I'm afraid she might tump us!

Sue it dosnt have to be a big city to set and set and set some more in traffic!

Marty I have a sister named Norma but wasn't aware she was down on a dock pushing mom in a wheelchair. Much less writing about it, learn something new each day.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:41 PM   #70586

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Helloooo! Long time since I've stopped by for a chat. But you you know I come wanting, just like they say...everbody always wants somthin'.
I think I may have convinced DH to consider trading from our 5er to a MH. I am wanting class C but he, of course wants bigger. Now in my searching on the interweb I have noticed tons of them for sale in Florida?
Am I worrying needlessly that they are FLOOD vehicles? And how do you think I can check, even from anywhere they could have been there or Texas. Opinions please?
Old 10-04-2017, 06:10 PM   #70587

Vintage RV Owners Club
I wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft. Pole...
Old 10-04-2017, 06:11 PM   #70588

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Thanks Barb but Mary's not as good at balancing on my shoulders and I'm afraid she might tump us!

Sue it dosnt have to be a big city to set and set and set some more in traffic!

Marty I have a sister named Norma but wasn't aware she was down on a dock pushing mom in a wheelchair. Much less writing about it, learn something new each day.
Well Tim, Miss Norma was the fellas mom.