Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2017, 12:37 PM   #71849

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well that seals the deal!
Welcome to the wonderful world of mutantdom!

Ok kids let's give our newest mutant a bigv welcome aboard!
Welcome aboard t55watson, maybe give us a name or two so we can reference you guys more personally. And maybe think about being up in the UP next September for our GC??? Great chance to meet a bunch of us at once - that is if you can handle that!!! LOL

Glad to have you aboard and look forward to meeting you and DW sometime in the future!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2017, 12:43 PM   #71850

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by t55watson View Post
The journey is the destination. We took 6 weeks to get from Abbotsford,BC to Tok,AK.
I do slow roll whenever possible. The exception is when we leave MI in the winter. I drive hard for 2 days to get to a warm enough climate to water up the rig. The 1st night out we stay in a motel.
Welcome to the rainbow, t55watson, You should fit right in. I live 20 minutes east of Abbotsford so you most likely passed by us.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:46 PM   #71851

Fleetwood Owners Club
Interesting that t55watson doesn't like a park close to where he lives. We have stayed in parks in over 20 states now and the worst one of them all has been the one closest to where we lived before we went FT. And it's not really a bad park. The staff is friendly enough, but the place needs a bunch of maintenance and repair that just doesn't seem to get done... owner has a really nice big house adjacent to the park though.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:09 PM   #71852

Welcome to the best group of friends in RVdom

t55WATSON and DW - - - glad to have you in the fold. Now that you're RVM167, you'll have to visit us a few times when we are spending a week+ just south of the bridge next year.

I'm the organizer of the gathering at Mill Creek. I examined many options to Mill Creek. I read a multitude of reviews on Mill Creek. The mutants have survived hail, rain, HAIL, ants, fire bans, mice, and other assorted hurdles to jump over in order to meet with our friends that might as well be called family. No campground is perfect and if it is, it's out of our budget bracket. I'm sure that we will be okay at Mill Creek too.

BTW, I'm PapawSteve RVM5.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:26 PM   #71853

Another unsuspecting RV type getting caught in the trap? Once in you never get out.
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:42 PM   #71854

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandersabout View Post
Another unsuspecting RV type getting caught in the trap? Once in you never get out.
Once you've attended a GC, who would want to???
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:46 PM   #71855

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Greetings Watson! I have sent you 2 private messages that will help you navigate the choppy waters of this thread.

Where are you in Arizona? We have Muties in many spots enjoying the warm. I'm in La Posa South near Quartzsite until March or until we have a GC down here. I hope we can mini-C sometime soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:52 PM   #71856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Sometimes a person receives blessings that they are unaware of until years later. Some times a blessing "smacks" you up side the head and you know instantly that you've been blessed. Girl . . . . . you should consider yourself smacked along side the head. God is good. Prayers for continued blessings for you and Larry. Love you guys.

I knew instantly I was blessed, and for the first time ever in my life, I gave up control..... When there was a question about the RV, I said, call Chuck, when I couldnt keep everyone informed, I started the blog, I trusted people.... I never have before....

There were so many angels around me that I felt their wings, felt your angel wings too, Papaw Steve.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:56 PM   #71857

Quote:
Originally Posted by t55watson View Post
The journey is the destination. We took 6 weeks to get from Abbotsford,BC to Tok,AK.

I do slow roll whenever possible. The exception is when we leave MI in the winter. I drive hard for 2 days to get to a warm enough climate to water up the rig. The 1st night out we stay in a motel.

Welcome watson or what?who? I am Di, my hubby is the miracle man...... Larry
ifn you arent in FMCA, ya need to be...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:13 PM   #71858

Well just had my first and hopefully only 911 call on my phone I was at the car wash when the lady in the next bay screamed she slipped and cracked her head laying in the water with blood on her head. I got her to sit up then saw an at&t truck near so got the driver to help get her out of water then called she is going to be ok. Glad I was there
River Mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:25 PM   #71859

Welcome t55 glad to have you aboard
River Mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:10 PM   #71860

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroybrown View Post
We’ve been pretty busy up here in Chi town lately. We traveled all the way to Oregon last Sumer to witness the Lunar Eclipse and happed to run into some from your group. In the River Mountain Resort. Met and talked to a few of you, and could hear your late night parties that lasted way past eh 8pm, maybe. They say your having another get together next summer in the upper peninsula of Michigan. We would love to come up there and hang out if we’re welcome. As we are close by being from the south side of Chicago. I just remember a real nice lady with a small dog and a monkey, and a couple nice, but crazy guys from Canada named Dennis I think. We don’t want to join your group yet, but maybe later after we meet again in the upper peninsula. Let us know when and where and maybe we can make it there and meet the rest of you.

Best regards
Leroy Brown and company
Sheesh... Dave "Grand Poobah" was initiating people there... you missed the best intro to the crazy world of mutandom!
Old 11-29-2017, 04:19 PM   #71861

Vintage RV Owners Club
Scary River MT! Aren't you glad you were there to assist! I am sure she was ever so grateful for the angel you played to her!
Old 11-29-2017, 04:36 PM   #71862

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Scary River MT! Aren't you glad you were there to assist! I am sure she was ever so grateful for the angel you played to her!
And yikes!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote