Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2017, 06:12 PM   #72521

Solo Rvers Club
Like they say...."Better late than never"!

MERRY CHRISTMAS all you STMs!! Hope Santa was good to you!

Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy NEW YEAR too!!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2017, 06:39 PM   #72522

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok, information needed.

Where do I need to stay in Nashville, TN?

What are the "Must See" things in the area?

Will be using that as a stop on way to MiGC.

be sure and see the Parthenon,
and walk the downtown... Music Row

stayed several rv places, none memorable/none horrible either...

Tried to post this photo, would not do it.

Tennessee Whiskey Trail map.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 07:27 PM   #72523

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
be sure and see the Parthenon,
and walk the downtown... Music Row

stayed several rv places, none memorable/none horrible either...

Tried to post this photo, would not do it.

Tennessee Whiskey Trail map.....
Thanks Di!

By the way, you mentioned firewood the other day, with all the cold weather let me know if you need more. I'll get RiChard to help me deliver it!
Old 12-29-2017, 10:15 PM   #72524

Well the second ever all Canadian MiniC and raucous behavior gathering was snowed out. We hit the trail from the party last night at my brothers place in Coquitlam BC and were headed further east for an unannounced MiniC with Slick and Marcia when we were forced to turn around and pull a Jubilation T Cornpone style retreat to get us safely to the rear and away from old man winter.

We left Mick's place (brother) and were about to get on highway 1 east when the white stuff started falling in great quantities. We pulled off the highway and called our destination hosts and they were adamant we should not attempt the trip to their place in Sardis BC. Being my brother was already headed to the airport we couldn't return there so we set out for home.

The trip from Nanaimo to the old homestead was complicated by huge snow accumulations and blowing wind so the normally 45 minute drive was extended to over 2 hours. So here we sit in our comfortable home awaiting the final outcome of this 2017 year. We are safe and sound and a little disappointed we couldn't pull the planned surprise on Marcie and Dennis.
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:08 PM   #72525

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Just dropping some Holiday Cheer and an update from "The Kids"!

Everything here in Houston is going well!

Andrea and Baby Stella are doing great! Stella loves eye glasses, long hair, beards, and cardboard boxes. She's pulling up now, but can't figure out how to get down, and she loves to suck on beef and carrots. She's vivacious, lively, smiles a lot, a quick crawler, and loves to bust in on whatever her all boy cousins are doing and steal their toys. ha ha

It's been quite a whirlwind of a year for us. Our business is humming along smoothly and exceedingly well. Stella joined our family this March, which we are ever so grateful for. Andrea's dad passed away suddenly 3 days after we brought the baby home. My stepfather, mentor and greatest friend also passed suddenly late this year.

We're looking forward to ordering our new Forest River Cedar Creek 5th wheel when the snow up north clears. We have our Dodge 3500 ready to go, and we're ready to GET BACK ON THE ROAD!!!

Wishing a very, very, very happy and successful new year to all our mutant friends far and near, new and old. Hope to see you all soon, can't wait for you to meet this awesome little kid. You all just pass her around.... we'll go nap while you do
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9702.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	187253  
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:11 AM   #72526

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Stella is such a doll! That smile could melt the iciest heart. I can’t wait to meet her, oh and see you two again, too. I’m not sure I would trust that some Mutey wouldn’t sneak away with her.

I know it's gonna be tough to top 2017, but here's hoping that your 2018 is even more fun! Y'all need to make it to a GC soon. A bunch of us are in southern AZ for the next 2-3 months, hint, hint.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:15 AM   #72527

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
Just dropping some Holiday Cheer and an update from "The Kids"!

Everything here in Houston is going well!

Andrea and Baby Stella are doing great! Stella loves eye glasses, long hair, beards, and cardboard boxes. She's pulling up now, but can't figure out how to get down, and she loves to suck on beef and carrots. She's vivacious, lively, smiles a lot, a quick crawler, and loves to bust in on whatever her all boy cousins are doing and steal their toys. ha ha

It's been quite a whirlwind of a year for us. Our business is humming along smoothly and exceedingly well. Stella joined our family this March, which we are ever so grateful for. Andrea's dad passed away suddenly 3 days after we brought the baby home. My stepfather, mentor and greatest friend also passed suddenly late this year.

We're looking forward to ordering our new Forest River Cedar Creek 5th wheel when the snow up north clears. We have our Dodge 3500 ready to go, and we're ready to GET BACK ON THE ROAD!!!

Wishing a very, very, very happy and successful new year to all our mutant friends far and near, new and old. Hope to see you all soon, can't wait for you to meet this awesome little kid. You all just pass her around.... we'll go nap while you do
Mic drop!
Well done kinds! Well done!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:42 AM   #72528

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Stella is such a doll! That smile could melt the iciest heart. I can’t wait to meet her, oh and see you two again, too. I’m not sure I would trust that some Mutey wouldn’t sneak away with her.

I know it's gonna be tough to top 2017, but here's hoping that your 2018 is even more fun! Y'all need to make it to a GC soon. A bunch of us are in southern AZ for the next 2-3 months, hint, hint.
trust me, we'd LOVE to!! This year took us by storm.

We planned to have the baby naturally with a midwife. Last minute, Andrea's blood pressure spiked and the midwife sent us straight to the hospital.. I mean like.. within the hour, go now, type of thing.

We spent many days in the hospital, and then another several weeks with Stella in NICU on a feeding tube and a baby cpap machine. It didn't go as we planned, but everything turned out wonderful.. so many thanks to the staff at the hospital!!

My favorite thing is the night time feedings.. where she will eat while still sort of asleep, but she'll reach up and play with my beard the whole time. It's the sweetest moments anyone could ever hope for.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 05:34 AM   #72529

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Thanks Di!

By the way, you mentioned firewood the other day, with all the cold weather let me know if you need more. I'll get RiChard to help me deliver it!

Not only will I gladly help deliver it, I will add many more sticks to help...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:05 AM   #72530

Tim and Richard, that is so sweet, last year we got a double load, then left for the south, so I am thinking we should be fine through the winter, but I cannit tell you how much that means.

We also bought a generator a few months back, for a just in case.... larry has enough batteries for a few days, and we now have a complete backup system in the rv, thxs to Anne’s cousin.......

but last week the rV was dead, seems to have just been the solar hookup, but we will be moving the RV into an enclosed RV storage unit, so maybe that wont reoccur.

2017 was good and bad for us... all mixed up with lots of very emotional times.... and many many days in the hospital, but we have met AMAZING medical personel, and reinforced even more awesome mutant friendships. You guys helped me make it through the ordeal with Larry...

We are going to plan on attending the MiGC, we loved it last year.... I am looking forward to it, and so is Larry....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:27 AM   #72531

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Di,

If critters caused the problem outside, they'll follow you indoors. We've had several invasions over the years.

I'd suggest you buy some old fashioned moth balls - Lowe’s sells them in the cleaning products section. Then get some plastic containers or empty (and dry) plastic water bottles. You'll need 1 for each tire and several for the engine areas. Drill several 1/4” holes in the containers and put about 10 mothballs in each.

Set one on each tire and place others in the engine compartment and anything else with wiring. Moth balls are NOT for when you are in the coach, only for storage. They are not healthy.

For when you are in the coach, peppermint oil on cotton balls can be substituted for the moth balls.

My DD had her Prius killed when rats got in and chewed up wires. $6000 in damage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-30-2017, 12:05 PM   #72532
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Moth balls are not safe! Fumes are poisonous
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:53 PM   #72533

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Moth balls are not safe! Fumes are poisonous
Moth balls only while stored and then seal them in a plastic bag. The fumes dissipate quickly. Peppermint oil while using your rig but it doesn’t last as long as moth balls.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-30-2017, 01:40 PM   #72534

Do you suggest the ball source be from big or small moths?
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote