Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-11-2018, 10:59 PM   #72787
Senior Member
 
plasma800's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 4,580
Blog Entries: 2
I'm back in business baby!

Well, very very close anyway...

Deposit on an Outdoors RV 5th wheel placed today. More soon
__________________
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2018, 02:40 AM   #72788
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 6,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
I'm back in business baby!

Well, very very close anyway...

Deposit on an Outdoors RV 5th wheel placed today. More soon


Woot! Looking for more news!

Cheers!
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:19 AM   #72789
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
True that.
I can now harmonize with myself, or any nearby Unicorn...while keeping my mouth shut
First, there is no way you could keep your mouth shut.

Second, I have heard you sing. You should go to Hollywood to one of those talent shows. The walk would do you good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Well, gum procedure for Larry is over... not as bad as anticipated.... he did take a pain pill, but he is now sucking on Cheetos.....
lol... ohms that tomorrow is as good for him....
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac.5 View Post
Wayne now that CampDaven can hear, send him your theme song again.
Thank you, thank you, what a wonderful idea.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14 (ARS: KE5QG)
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD - 2020 Lincoln Nautilus Reserve
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:07 PM   #72790
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,691
Ohms to Larry for continued healing. Prayers for you both. Ohms for all of the other afflicted mutants. Get well muteys.

We're about to embark on a 12 day cruise out of Miami (Belize, Bahamas, Jamacia, Costa Rica, Columbia, and Panama (thru the canal). We will be able to receive and send text, check emails, and use internet (For $54) but cellular hookup is expensive. So . . . . . we'll and you'll have to suffer thru the silence for #5. Another item checked off our bucket list.. Woot Woot

Pondering clothes for 12 days was a treat. We need 2 pack mules to haul the luggage to the group bus our Activity Committee set up.
__________________
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #72791
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,518
Tell Mary Ann to leave some shoes at home and you could travel lighter. (Don't tell her I said that!)
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14 (ARS: KE5QG)
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD - 2020 Lincoln Nautilus Reserve
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #72792
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,518
Okay, this is sort of our "shake down" time. We are here at Fort Sam and we have three problems to be looked at. One is important but it is lucky we have a bath and a quarter. The Tecma Thetford was leaking. Not being at all familiar with electric toilets except to sit on them on occasion we called a mobile repair man. He is familiar with them and got right to the problem of a 90 degree valve coming off the solenoid had broke spewing water.

It is unfathomable that there is not a shot off valve to the toilet (there is now) and one would have to turn off the water supply to the whole motor home.

Well gee, a small little plastic 90˚ elbow reducer from 1 inch to 1/2 inch.....yeah but they cannot be found anywhere and trust me we searched and searched and after 3 days I found an RV place the could have one in 24 hours, and not have to pay shipping.

Well duh! I think shipping was included in the $48 parts cost, and they provided a toilet seal with the valve. Duh again. Tecma macerator toilets don't have a hole in the floor. Any one need a toilet floor seal.

Anyhow, I have the part and the repair person will be here today. Wonder what his labor is going to cost.

Second item is my mirror controls on the left panel next to the pilots chair. The breaker is no tripped. I"m thinking a wire may have fallen off...but who knows. (That was a search for a response)

The third s supposedly simple. Back flush inlet leaking. A new inlet should take care of that. I check the conections and all ar tight. Faulty seal between female thread and back of plate.

Oh well, y'all have a pleasant day. It is only 57˚ here in SA at 12:32 p.m.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14 (ARS: KE5QG)
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD - 2020 Lincoln Nautilus Reserve
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #72793
Senior Member
 
slickest1's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: B.C.
Posts: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Okay, this is sort of our "shake down" time. We are here at Fort Sam and we have three problems to be looked at. One is important but it is lucky we have a bath and a quarter. The Tecma Thetford was leaking. Not being at all familiar with electric toilets except to sit on them on occasion we called a mobile repair man. He is familiar with them and got right to the problem of a 90 degree valve coming off the solenoid had broke spewing water.

It is unfathomable that there is not a shot off valve to the toilet (there is now) and one would have to turn off the water supply to the whole motor home.

Well gee, a small little plastic 90˚ elbow reducer from 1 inch to 1/2 inch.....yeah but they cannot be found anywhere and trust me we searched and searched and after 3 days I found an RV place the could have one in 24 hours, and not have to pay shipping.

Well duh! I think shipping was included in the $48 parts cost, and they provided a toilet seal with the valve. Duh again. Tecma macerator toilets don't have a hole in the floor. Any one need a toilet floor seal.

Anyhow, I have the part and the repair person will be here today. Wonder what his labor is going to cost.

Second item is my mirror controls on the left panel next to the pilots chair. The breaker is no tripped. I"m thinking a wire may have fallen off...but who knows. (That was a search for a response)

The third s supposedly simple. Back flush inlet leaking. A new inlet should take care of that. I check the conections and all ar tight. Faulty seal between female thread and back of plate.

Oh well, y'all have a pleasant day. It is only 57˚ here in SA at 12:32 p.m.
The problem is it is too warm there!! If you were north it would all be frozen and you wouldn't have to worry about till spring.
__________________
Dennis & Marcie & Captain Hook The Jack Russell,aka PUP, 2006 Itasca 29R 2017 Equinox toad. RVM59
We came, we went, nothing broken, nothing bent!
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:39 PM   #72794
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
The problem is it is too warm there!! If you were north it would all be frozen and you wouldn't have to worry about till spring.
Speaking bout Winter. I was just talking to my buddy Joe and he tells me youse guyse on the *lower mainland got another blast of whineter? Must be terrible to have to own two snow shovels.




* lower mainland is located at the other end of the ferry ride that gets you off of this silly Island.
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:59 PM   #72795
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 16,690
Blog Entries: 1
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandersabout View Post
Speaking bout Winter. I was just talking to my buddy Joe and he tells me youse guyse on the *lower mainland got another blast of whineter? Must be terrible to have to own two snow shovels.

opcorn


* lower mainland is located at the other end of the ferry ride that gets you off of this silly Island.


Yuma reporting.
Boring!
Except for the food, sights, live music, food, friends, food, and stuff!!
Temps 70s/50s for the foreseeable forecast.
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:24 PM   #72796
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 298
I'm pretty sure one of them there "food" items would be really really palatable.

Did you say food?
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:37 PM   #72797
Senior Member
 
slickest1's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: B.C.
Posts: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandersabout View Post
Speaking bout Winter. I was just talking to my buddy Joe and he tells me youse guyse on the *lower mainland got another blast of whineter? Must be terrible to have to own two snow shovels.




* lower mainland is located at the other end of the ferry ride that gets you off of this silly Island.
Yup we got some more!! I didn't want to whine but it was not as bad as the last one. I didn't have to get my buddy with his 966 cat loader to plow us out. It is warming up again I hope.
__________________
Dennis & Marcie & Captain Hook The Jack Russell,aka PUP, 2006 Itasca 29R 2017 Equinox toad. RVM59
We came, we went, nothing broken, nothing bent!
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:38 PM   #72798
Senior Member
 
slickest1's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: B.C.
Posts: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Yuma reporting.
Boring!
Except for the food, sights, live music, food, friends, food, and stuff!!
Temps 70s/50s for the foreseeable forecast.
Oh the Humanity!!
__________________
Dennis & Marcie & Captain Hook The Jack Russell,aka PUP, 2006 Itasca 29R 2017 Equinox toad. RVM59
We came, we went, nothing broken, nothing bent!
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:11 PM   #72799
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Oh the Humanity!!
It's rough, I tell ya.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:59 PM   #72800
Senior Member
 
MartySQ's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,542
Well, I'm all caught up again. Had a trip to Miami Monday/tuesday ... heading back Next Friday and will be there until Monday or Tuesday depending on how well things go .
Getting through Atlanta was hard... all the planes were backed up, running late, etc. Don't go through Atlanta if ya don't have to!
Omms n prayers for Dwayne, Shara ( who are sick it seems), and Ray , and Larry, and any others who need them. IT Omms sounded like they are needed up northwest... Do we have a term for that yet? COOMS? Computer omms... Anyway... HI!
__________________
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute or a yellow Jeep Wrangler.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
PappaBull, sfi4
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.