Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2018, 11:18 PM   #72899

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
....... Snips

We got about 2 inches from last night's wet white things falling from the atmosphere. (Vague enough?? Lol). But temps are expected to liquidate it by Friday.

Charlene

"But temps are expected to liquidate it by Friday." That's why we plan to leave Sat. am. Looks like we are sn$@wed in once more, so Leroy may get to play with that big tractor and blade again. He's a prince, that man!

I hate to miss a Tuesday afternoon spinning with my friends, but I may have to. Bummer! [emoji53] (Mutter, mutter, mumble, mumble, and mumph!) I'll just take my wheel to the rig & pack up all the toys instead.

Say, Charlene, how did the fish stock and the bouillabaisse turn out? Shades of Boston! Mmm-mmm!

Don't those folks in Yuma look like they're having a great time? Now I think I'm officially jealous! It's time to go!

Cheers!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2018, 11:31 PM   #72900

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
All you need are rope lights, lots and lots of rope lights....
Trouble maker!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:53 AM   #72901

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
It was rough puff pastry, I think. These diffs between English and American terminology keep me either on my toes or totally confused, often both. He thinks of pie crust as flaky pastry, but also the pastry used for vol au vents and for crescent rolls. I think the last two use rough puff pastry, and pie crust as quite different.

Who here makes either rough or full puff pastry?

Vive le difference!

Cheers!
I realized last week how little I actually cook. I bought a pork cutlet and some peppers and onions to wrap in aluminium foil and cook on a friend's campfire. Sena was really upset that I wouldn’t give her any of the raw pork. She didn’t want to hear any excuses.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:08 AM   #72902

Vintage RV Owners Club
Morning, folks!

Sue, where are you guys headed when you leave on Saturday?

I had been expecting the fish market to call yesterday morning; but didn't hear from them until the afternoon. They said they'd gotten a sea bass in, and would be cutting that up for me and that I could pick up the bones this afternoon. So yesterday I made cheesy jalapeno sausage biscuits instead. (Here's the recipe link: bit.ly/2B2EVLS)

Charlene

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180115_131222.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	188954
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:24 AM   #72903

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Since Sue doesn’t usually post until late, I'll answer - they're headed to warm and sunny Arizona. Yuma, I believe.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-16-2018, 08:49 AM   #72904

Vintage RV Owners Club
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Perhaps 100% participation!
RVM could set an all time RV club record.
Whatcha think, Jerry...er...RVM3?

Any more RV Mutants out there?
Give us a shout
I finally found you. Been wandering around looking for you guys all my life! Course, the journey Is the destination! I also love bacon and rainbows!
Just bought my new old home, can't wait to get it here and find out what works and what doesn't, but the price was right.
It doesn't have a generator, but don't think I want one. Most of the time can't even stand those ticky tock clocks in the background.
filethis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:21 AM   #72905

Quote:
Originally Posted by filethis2 View Post
I finally found you. Been wandering around looking for you guys all my life! Course, the journey Is the destination! I also love bacon and rainbows!

Just bought my new old home, can't wait to get it here and find out what works and what doesn't, but the price was right.

It doesn't have a generator, but don't think I want one. Most of the time can't even stand those ticky tock clocks in the background.

Well I'll be darned! We have a new RV Mutant that has joined in via post #8 on this thread!
Welcome to RVMdom!!!! [emoji106][emoji304][emoji847][emoji443][emoji445]
You are RVM #170, and endowed with all of the rights and privileges as written in the RV Mutant Ancient Scrolls.
Again: WELCOME

We are Dave and Nola, RVM1
Please tell us more about yourself!
Hey, Mutants, please welcome RVM170
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:26 AM   #72906

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hiya, fellow Mutant Nube! Welcome!
We're Allen and Charlene, RVM169, or of Peoria, Illinois.

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:51 AM   #72907

Quote:

Welcome filethis2
One word of warning! Don’t let some ol fat guy push his song on ya. [emoji56]
Old 01-16-2018, 10:37 AM   #72908

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Well I'll be darned! We have a new RV Mutant that has joined in via post #8 on this thread!
Welcome to RVMdom!!!! [emoji106][emoji304][emoji847][emoji443][emoji445]
You are RVM #170, and endowed with all of the rights and privileges as written in the RV Mutant Ancient Scrolls.
Again: WELCOME

We are Dave and Nola, RVM1
Please tell us more about yourself!
Hey, Mutants, please welcome RVM170

WELCOME RVM #170... We are one of the 3 Arkansas Mutants, and stranger than the others. If we had some money, we would be "Eccentric".

We hope to make the Michigan trip in Sept & hope you can make it...

Hope you enjoy this exclusive membership as much as we do.. Travel safely

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:59 AM   #72909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Trouble maker!
Yup! Some folks have "ropus lightus". (Check the Ancient Scrolls for precise definition.) [emoji6]
Old 01-16-2018, 11:39 AM   #72910

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Wow, that was a quick jump right into the membership on the 2nd only iRV2 post! Way to go Filethis2 aka RVM170.
RetroGrandma You get to hand that broom and dustpan off quickly.
EyePhoto aka Jon & Ellen aka RVM146 in St. Louis, MO
Now in a Class C Coachman Leperchaun, trailer towing a 1950 Crosley Station wagon, or a '42 Pick-Up. Member of the Non-Affiliated Camping Group FMCA #F462997 RVM #146 Jon & Ellen
Eyephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:04 PM   #72911

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Morning, folks!

Sue, where are you guys headed when you leave on Saturday?

I had been expecting the fish market to call yesterday morning; but didn't hear from them until the afternoon. They said they'd gotten a sea bass in, and would be cutting that up for me and that I could pick up the bones this afternoon. So yesterday I made cheesy jalapeno sausage biscuits instead. (Here's the recipe link: bit.ly/2B2EVLS)

Charlene

Attachment 188954
Thanks, Barb! In an unusual move, I'm here early for a change. 🤗

I would love for us to be the first RVMs you meet, but it looks as if someone else may have that honor. First stop will be as far due south as we can get! (Wish I could honestly say Peoria, but that would be a lie!) I-57 down into MO's bootheel, possibly on into AR the next day.

All depends on weather. And whether those strange folks thataway can meet up. We haven't even asked yet, since we weren't sure of dates yet.

Cheesy etc biscuits look very tempting. Too bad about the fish delay, though.

Cheers!
Old 01-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #72912

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome filethis2!

I've sent you some mail with important info in it. Charlene will pass along the mop and broom. She sure got light duty with them.

Now you need to tell us more about you and what you've been up to lately. A first name would be helpful.

You can put info about you and your RV in the signature lines by going to User CP in the upper left. Then click on "edit signature" in the left column. Then add your info and scroll down until you can click on "save changes".
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]