RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-17-2018, 05:27 PM   #72955
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 10,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandersabout View Post
BTW the weather channel just told me that we here on Vancouver Island are way warmer than you guys in the south east. Austin Texas has 1/2 " of ice everywhere??

Almost glad we couldn't get down south this winter.
Well if you had gone to the wrong south that might be true, but the south part of Arizona is beautiful!
__________________
Barb (RVM18) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie) RIP Sena FMCA#F466348
"Homer" 11 Shasta Cynara, pulling "Ranger" '97 Ford Ranger toad
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2018, 06:02 PM   #72956
Senior Member
 
TLGPE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CLEARWATER, FLORIDA
Posts: 1,052
Careful throwing Barb's; Sena gets mad!

Tom
__________________
Tom & Jan ---- Westwing43 (RVM28)
2008 NEWMAR MOUNTAIN AIRE 4528
Pulling a 2014 CHEVY CAPTIVA
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:06 PM   #72957
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Well if you had gone to the wrong south that might be true, but the south part of Arizona is beautiful!
Don't matter that side eh?

I as just out on he deck located on the north side of our house. It is pouring with rail right at the moment but the temperature out on he north side is 55F or 12.9C so all in all quite warm for Kanukistan in January.

BTW winter ain't over yet and until the FL sings we are not 100% sure of not showing up in that area.

Me Me Me Me
Fah fah fah
Doh doh doh

OK Tim you can start a round anytime now but don't ask me where Wayne's pull cord is located.
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:42 PM   #72958
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,012
Just another day on the farm!

Today while walking the pasture, yes Wayne I was walking, I thought I'd best check the pond. We are in the mist of several days below freezing and as suspected he pond was frozen over. A nearby T-post supplied a sturdy ice pick but just wasn't enough to get the job done so back to the barn for the John Deere.

Now just as I feared the tractor's battery was dead from the cold so a trip to my shop for jumper cables and a battery and 20 minutes later I was going through the gates and toward the pond.

On the way to the pond the cows all joined me patiently waiting to get a drink. Having opened a large area the cows drank, and I drove up and set on the tractor up on the hill soaking up the sun.

Now amongst the heard is a week old calf and a 2 day old calf. Despite their young age both calfs were full of spunk and running and hopping all around. I set and watched these two calfs worried that they might run out on the unbroken ice and end up out in the deep end of the pond on thin ice. And sure enough the 2 day old slid out on the ice. Momma cow watched, the other cows gathered and watched and I setting in the warming sun watched as this calf tried and tried to get to bank but only slid further out.

Deciding this wasn't going to fix itself I moved in with the tractor and broke ice as close to the calf as I could. The whole time I'm thinking how cold I'm going to be when and if I wind up in the water. Finding a large tree limb I was able to push the calf sideways into the water in the sallow area and then once on its feet I grabbed it by the ear and pulled it out like a kid in trouble. I only got a little wet and momma began to lick calf clean and headed to the sunny area of the pasture. Checking back just before dark all seemed good! May have to practice my calf roping!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #72959
Senior Member
 
daveandcarol's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,323
Considering some of what is flung in this thread and how much, maybe we should consider trading in the broom and dustpan for a shovel...
__________________
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:02 PM   #72960
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 5,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Considering some of what is flung in this thread and how much, maybe we should consider trading in the broom and dustpan for a shovel...
LOL! Prolly true.
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #72961
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 5,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Just another day on the farm!

Today while walking the pasture, yes Wayne I was walking, I thought I'd best check the pond. We are in the mist of several days below freezing and as suspected he pond was frozen over. A nearby T-post supplied a sturdy ice pick but just wasn't enough to get the job done so back to the barn for the John Deere.

Now just as I feared the tractor's battery was dead from the cold so a trip to my shop for jumper cables and a battery and 20 minutes later I was going through the gates and toward the pond.

On the way to the pond the cows all joined me patiently waiting to get a drink. Having opened a large area the cows drank, and I drove up and set on the tractor up on the hill soaking up the sun.

Now amongst the heard is a week old calf and a 2 day old calf. Despite their young age both calfs were full of spunk and running and hopping all around. I set and watched these two calfs worried that they might run out on the unbroken ice and end up out in the deep end of the pond on thin ice. And sure enough the 2 day old slid out on the ice. Momma cow watched, the other cows gathered and watched and I setting in the warming sun watched as this calf tried and tried to get to bank but only slid further out.

Deciding this wasn't going to fix itself I moved in with the tractor and broke ice as close to the calf as I could. The whole time I'm thinking how cold I'm going to be when and if I wind up in the water. Finding a large tree limb I was able to push the calf sideways into the water in the sallow area and then once on its feet I grabbed it by the ear and pulled it out like a kid in trouble. I only got a little wet and momma began to lick calf clean and headed to the sunny area of the pasture. Checking back just before dark all seemed good! May have to practice my calf roping!
Yessir, life on the farm sure is easy, ain't it? "Interesting" might be a better word here!

So glad you didn't take a dunking!
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #72962
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 5,735
Filethis2: I tried to PM you, and had to empty my mailbox first. Still can't send. Try again later!
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:28 PM   #72963
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
[COLOR=Blue]

Ah Timster, I'm just the person you'd like to be, eh? BTW, when you and Mary coming down this way? Just think, you can sit in my living room and we can throw barbs at each other.
Especially if Herb and Barb and Barb, Sena and Lilly are there!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #72964
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 16,436
Blog Entries: 1
Hey to all RVMs at or coming to Quartzsite:

Next Thursday (Jan 25) some of us are getting together at Barb's site in Quartzite around 10:30 to visit the Rv show.

Let us know if you're interested!

Dave and Barb
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:37 PM   #72965
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 298
Timster,

Were you prepared to give that little guy MTM?
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:45 PM   #72966
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE View Post
Careful throwing Barb's; Sena gets mad!

Tom
Same thought here!
Hi Jan!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:00 PM   #72967
Senior Member
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Di, we hear ya... 7 degrees this am is frigid !



When we have our power go out, I jump into old faithful RV and pull up to back door. Run an extension cord into house. Powers the critical things:



1. The Queen's Coffee pot



2. The wood pellet stove



3. The TV



Finally 4. My PC



Then we can survive a few days...


Lol..... yep, used to be for us..... but now power needs are more crucial....

BTW, I will have a portable generator for sale soon....... its not a small one, brand new, cranked up a few times to test...... bought this fall,
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2021 THOR Delano 24fb
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:07 PM   #72968
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ah Timster, I'm just the person you'd like to be, eh? BTW, when you and Mary coming down this way? Just think, you can sit in my living room and we can throw barbs at each other.
Throw who????[/QUOTE]

A barb: an unnecessarily aggressive and unfair remark directed at a defenseless person like when Tim throws barbs at me.

I'll catch you if he decides you are the Barb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandersabout View Post

OK Tim you can start a round anytime now but don't ask me where Wayne's pull cord is located.
Nope! Not going there. Not even for Tim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Just another day on the farm!

Today while walking the pasture, yes Wayne I was walking, I thought I'd best check the pond. We are in the mist of several days below freezing and as suspected he pond was frozen over. A nearby T-post supplied a sturdy ice pick but just wasn't enough to get the job done so back to the barn for the John Deere.

Now just as I feared the tractor's battery was dead from the cold so a trip to my shop for jumper cables and a battery and 20 minutes later I was going through the gates and toward the pond.

On the way to the pond the cows all joined me patiently waiting to get a drink. Having opened a large area the cows drank, and I drove up and set on the tractor up on the hill soaking up the sun.

Now amongst the heard is a week old calf and a 2 day old calf. Despite their young age both calfs were full of spunk and running and hopping all around. I set and watched these two calfs worried that they might run out on the unbroken ice and end up out in the deep end of the pond on thin ice. And sure enough the 2 day old slid out on the ice. Momma cow watched, the other cows gathered and watched and I setting in the warming sun watched as this calf tried and tried to get to bank but only slid further out.

Deciding this wasn't going to fix itself I moved in with the tractor and broke ice as close to the calf as I could. The whole time I'm thinking how cold I'm going to be when and if I wind up in the water. Finding a large tree limb I was able to push the calf sideways into the water in the sallow area and then once on its feet I grabbed it by the ear and pulled it out like a kid in trouble. I only got a little wet and momma began to lick calf clean and headed to the sunny area of the pasture. Checking back just before dark all seemed good! May have to practice my calf roping!
How long a time during the day does it take you to think up these stories.

Way to go. Save the calf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandersabout View Post
Timster,

Were you prepared to give that little guy MTM?
Nope! Not going there either.

Hard to refrain though!
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (2 members and 2 guests)
huntnski, Papawto5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.