RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2018, 05:27 PM   #72955
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandersabout View Post
BTW the weather channel just told me that we here on Vancouver Island are way warmer than you guys in the south east. Austin Texas has 1/2 " of ice everywhere??

Almost glad we couldn't get down south this winter.
Well if you had gone to the wrong south that might be true, but the south part of Arizona is beautiful!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2018, 06:02 PM   #72956

Careful throwing Barb's; Sena gets mad!

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:06 PM   #72957

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Well if you had gone to the wrong south that might be true, but the south part of Arizona is beautiful!
Don't matter that side eh?

I as just out on he deck located on the north side of our house. It is pouring with rail right at the moment but the temperature out on he north side is 55F or 12.9C so all in all quite warm for Kanukistan in January.

BTW winter ain't over yet and until the FL sings we are not 100% sure of not showing up in that area.

Me Me Me Me
Fah fah fah
Doh doh doh

OK Tim you can start a round anytime now but don't ask me where Wayne's pull cord is located.
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:42 PM   #72958

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just another day on the farm!

Today while walking the pasture, yes Wayne I was walking, I thought I'd best check the pond. We are in the mist of several days below freezing and as suspected he pond was frozen over. A nearby T-post supplied a sturdy ice pick but just wasn't enough to get the job done so back to the barn for the John Deere.

Now just as I feared the tractor's battery was dead from the cold so a trip to my shop for jumper cables and a battery and 20 minutes later I was going through the gates and toward the pond.

On the way to the pond the cows all joined me patiently waiting to get a drink. Having opened a large area the cows drank, and I drove up and set on the tractor up on the hill soaking up the sun.

Now amongst the heard is a week old calf and a 2 day old calf. Despite their young age both calfs were full of spunk and running and hopping all around. I set and watched these two calfs worried that they might run out on the unbroken ice and end up out in the deep end of the pond on thin ice. And sure enough the 2 day old slid out on the ice. Momma cow watched, the other cows gathered and watched and I setting in the warming sun watched as this calf tried and tried to get to bank but only slid further out.

Deciding this wasn't going to fix itself I moved in with the tractor and broke ice as close to the calf as I could. The whole time I'm thinking how cold I'm going to be when and if I wind up in the water. Finding a large tree limb I was able to push the calf sideways into the water in the sallow area and then once on its feet I grabbed it by the ear and pulled it out like a kid in trouble. I only got a little wet and momma began to lick calf clean and headed to the sunny area of the pasture. Checking back just before dark all seemed good! May have to practice my calf roping!
Old 01-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #72959

Fleetwood Owners Club
Considering some of what is flung in this thread and how much, maybe we should consider trading in the broom and dustpan for a shovel...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:02 PM   #72960

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Considering some of what is flung in this thread and how much, maybe we should consider trading in the broom and dustpan for a shovel...
LOL! Prolly true.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #72961

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

Today while walking the pasture, yes Wayne I was walking, I thought I'd best check the pond. We are in the mist of several days below freezing and as suspected he pond was frozen over. A nearby T-post supplied a sturdy ice pick but just wasn't enough to get the job done so back to the barn for the John Deere.

Now just as I feared the tractor's battery was dead from the cold so a trip to my shop for jumper cables and a battery and 20 minutes later I was going through the gates and toward the pond.

On the way to the pond the cows all joined me patiently waiting to get a drink. Having opened a large area the cows drank, and I drove up and set on the tractor up on the hill soaking up the sun.

Now amongst the heard is a week old calf and a 2 day old calf. Despite their young age both calfs were full of spunk and running and hopping all around. I set and watched these two calfs worried that they might run out on the unbroken ice and end up out in the deep end of the pond on thin ice. And sure enough the 2 day old slid out on the ice. Momma cow watched, the other cows gathered and watched and I setting in the warming sun watched as this calf tried and tried to get to bank but only slid further out.

Deciding this wasn't going to fix itself I moved in with the tractor and broke ice as close to the calf as I could. The whole time I'm thinking how cold I'm going to be when and if I wind up in the water. Finding a large tree limb I was able to push the calf sideways into the water in the sallow area and then once on its feet I grabbed it by the ear and pulled it out like a kid in trouble. I only got a little wet and momma began to lick calf clean and headed to the sunny area of the pasture. Checking back just before dark all seemed good! May have to practice my calf roping!
Yessir, life on the farm sure is easy, ain't it? "Interesting" might be a better word here!

So glad you didn't take a dunking!
Old 01-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #72962

Filethis2: I tried to PM you, and had to empty my mailbox first. Still can't send. Try again later!
Old 01-17-2018, 07:28 PM   #72963

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
[COLOR=Blue]

Ah Timster, I'm just the person you'd like to be, eh? BTW, when you and Mary coming down this way? Just think, you can sit in my living room and we can throw barbs at each other.
Especially if Herb and Barb and Barb, Sena and Lilly are there!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #72964

Hey to all RVMs at or coming to Quartzsite:

Next Thursday (Jan 25) some of us are getting together at Barb's site in Quartzite around 10:30 to visit the Rv show.

Let us know if you're interested!

Dave and Barb

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:37 PM   #72965

Timster,

Were you prepared to give that little guy MTM?
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:45 PM   #72966

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE View Post
Careful throwing Barb's; Sena gets mad!

Tom
Same thought here!
Hi Jan!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:00 PM   #72967

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Di, we hear ya... 7 degrees this am is frigid !

When we have our power go out, I jump into old faithful RV and pull up to back door. Run an extension cord into house. Powers the critical things:

1. The Queen's Coffee pot

2. The wood pellet stove

3. The TV

Finally 4. My PC

Then we can survive a few days...

Lol..... yep, used to be for us..... but now power needs are more crucial....

BTW, I will have a portable generator for sale soon....... its not a small one, brand new, cranked up a few times to test...... bought this fall,
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:07 PM   #72968
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ah Timster, I'm just the person you'd like to be, eh? BTW, when you and Mary coming down this way? Just think, you can sit in my living room and we can throw barbs at each other.
Throw who????[/QUOTE]

A barb: an unnecessarily aggressive and unfair remark directed at a defenseless person like when Tim throws barbs at me.

I'll catch you if he decides you are the Barb.

Quote:

OK Tim you can start a round anytime now but don't ask me where Wayne's pull cord is located.
Nope! Not going there. Not even for Tim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

How long a time during the day does it take you to think up these stories.

Way to go. Save the calf.

Quote:
Timster,

Were you prepared to give that little guy MTM?
Nope! Not going there either.

Hard to refrain though!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote