RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2018, 06:19 AM   #74033

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Tim, it is clear that your deep friendship with Wayne extends far into expanse of culinary excess, but being diplomatic enough to omit the mention of the aura and aeromatic essence of emissions by our beloved Sir Cumference is commendable.
Thank you Dave, as usual, I took the high road.
So how far east have y'all made it, I'm assuming you'll be heading north before reaching AR? Of course you may need to wear life jackets if you cross here. I heard Johnny ask How highs the Water Momma, she said blurb blurb blurb..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2018, 07:00 AM   #74034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
I confess I have not read from the beginning, but back a ways. I'm getting some of it figured out, between here and TOT.
Now, I very likely may have displayed my shall we say, innocent ignorance.....sorry 'bout...oops, I better be careful, or I may be finding a bullseye painted on ME!

I wish there were some way we could easily have this thread put into a book..... or ebook....

The key word is easily.... hmmmm Carl, any ideas....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:51 AM   #74035

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
News alert!

It's National Chille Day, the debate is beans or no beans!

Hope this dosn't cross the line or rules to bring about such a heated debate!
Wayne we know you like beans, we've heard the evidence. What say mutants, bean or no beans?

Entered contest a while back, & I provided Chili & had beans in a separate dish to add if desired... Well, needless to say, I LOST... Should have had Ann cook for this contest...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:56 AM   #74036

Tim, AKA Coordinator of AR festivities...

BTW, any word from "FileThis2"? We have Regional Basketball for GS Fri & Sat. Hope y'all can still get together..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
Old 02-22-2018, 09:06 AM   #74037

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Want me to call you and tell you when the Ark passes by?
Well, it's not on it's way here from Mississippi. I came up that way yesterday. Also lost a filling from a front tooth while driving. So waited to see when I could be seen before reporting in.
I'M HERE!
In Little Rock for the foreseeable future.

Can't wait to meet you guys.
filethis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:33 AM   #74038
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
News alert!

Wayne we know you like beans, we've heard the evidence. What say mutants, bean or no beans?
I say it depends on the type of beans and my preference at that moment. I've had GREAT chili with and without, and lousy chili both ways as well. I just don’t care for the stuff that blisters my tongue.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:46 AM   #74039

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
I wish there were some way we could easily have this thread put into a book..... or ebook....

The key word is easily.... hmmmm Carl, any ideas....
I started something a while back...got far enough along that it could "read" this thread (actually, any thread). My thought is to take all the data, index it so that it's searchable and then provide some interface that would support showing posts as you typed word(s) of interest. This would be unlike other search results available today because it would tie the words to the posts and some as-yet-to-be-defined interface would make it super easy to find discussions in the past. I have something similar in concept in an email program and can easily find a particular email among 100,000 of them, usually in seconds (of course, depending on the uniqueness of what's being searched).

What got me started on this was there is so much information buried in not only this thread, but many, and finding it takes just way too long. For example, I'd like to quickly find parks people have stayed at but using IRV2 search or Google search, it takes forever to go through those results and if it's not on the top of the results, you basically never find what you're looking for unless you're really persistent. For me, it has to be a better experience than what's available.

My other issue is how would I "share" what this is? Ideally, it'd be some web-based thing, but that requires hosting and security and all kinds of fun stuff, so it's been on the back burner for a while.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:41 AM   #74040

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I started something a while back...got far enough along that it could "read" this thread (actually, any thread). My thought is to take all the data, index it so that it's searchable and then provide some interface that would support showing posts as you typed word(s) of interest. This would be unlike other search results available today because it would tie the words to the posts and some as-yet-to-be-defined interface would make it super easy to find discussions in the past. I have something similar in concept in an email program and can easily find a particular email among 100,000 of them, usually in seconds (of course, depending on the uniqueness of what's being searched).

What got me started on this was there is so much information buried in not only this thread, but many, and finding it takes just way too long. For example, I'd like to quickly find parks people have stayed at but using IRV2 search or Google search, it takes forever to go through those results and if it's not on the top of the results, you basically never find what you're looking for unless you're really persistent. For me, it has to be a better experience than what's available.

My other issue is how would I "share" what this is? Ideally, it'd be some web-based thing, but that requires hosting and security and all kinds of fun stuff, so it's been on the back burner for a while.

Carl..... That is fascinating....

is there a simple way to read and transfer only the text..... copy and paste just too slow... i am so out if the tech world now... but there are many times on other formats I would like to do that,

I just got a new app, thanks to Herb's wife called “Copy me that” that goes in a website and copies only the recipe, not the dialog....

Just was curious if that was out there anywhere....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #74041

Quote:
Originally Posted by filethis2 View Post
Well, it's not on it's way here from Mississippi. I came up that way yesterday. Also lost a filling from a front tooth while driving. So waited to see when I could be seen before reporting in.
I'M HERE!

WELCOME!

We would have appreciated some of that Sunshine FL is well known for..

We are looking forward to hearing what Tim has planned for all of us...

Old 02-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #74042

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
News alert!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beansbaconwhiskeylard.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	193264  
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:29 PM   #74043

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Carl..... That is fascinating....

is there a simple way to read and transfer only the text..... copy and paste just too slow... i am so out if the tech world now... but there are many times on other formats I would like to do that,

I just got a new app, thanks to Herb's wife called “Copy me that” that goes in a website and copies only the recipe, not the dialog....

Just was curious if that was out there anywhere....
Not sure, I'm not aware of anything that is "easy to use" to do that. I thought you could get individual emails of posts? Not that you'd want 74k+ emails
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:49 PM   #74044

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I understand from DIWIZI that Wayne’s buddy is not here any longer. Therefore, I can now post again & NOT be accused of not being patriotic or a communist. ❤️
Old 02-22-2018, 01:01 PM   #74045

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Tim, AKA Coordinator of AR festivities...

BTW, any word from "FileThis2"? We have Regional Basketball for GS Fri & Sat. Hope y'all can still get together..
Wow a title! So what's the salary for that position?

Quote:
I'M HERE!

DONT GET YOUR EXPECTATIONS UP TO HIGH! Let us know when you've worked up the nerve to meet the Arkansas Trio! Fri and Sat are out for us as well and Sunday the rain is supposed to end. Are you camped on the river? Downtown LR or Maumelle Park. River should be truly be rolling by Saturday. Larry saw you was on here earlier, shout out if you've got appointments to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
WELCOME!

We would have appreciated some of that Sunshine FL is well known for..

We are looking forward to hearing what Tim has planned for all of us...
Me too!
Richard is Ann having any procedure done this coming week?
Old 02-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #74046

Quote:
...... Also lost a filling from a front tooth while driving........
WOW, that must have been a rough road!