RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-07-2018, 11:16 AM   #74397
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 16,392
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
So sad to hear. Our best to Ray and Jan, and prayers their way.


X many! ❤️
The RV Mutant Ohms Generator cranks according to the rhythm of RVM hearts in pain
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2018, 11:21 AM   #74398
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 16,392
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Hey Guys, good morning!

Beautiful sunny day out today, not warm yet but snow has all melted and my grass in the back yard is green. Frankly I'm shocked at that, but hey, I'll take it.

Been thinking about full-timing and I realized something. At this point in my life, I don't think I'd like it. I say that because a combination of things draw me to Sticks n' Bricks. My garden; my gigantic kitchen; Room for grandkids to stay overnight. Now that doesn't mean a time won't come later in my life when FT might appeal. I'm just saying that right now, I do better with a home base. I definitely would like to travel more than we do, don't get me wrong. But I guess I'm saying that I need to stop having a bit of jealousy and "I wish" as I watch some of you guys who are FT. It was becoming a bit of a preoccupation for me, you know what I'm saying? I was doing the "if only we were full time" thoughts and conversations. And it occurred to me yesterday that I need to let that go. The whole "bloom where you're planted" thing, know what I mean? Live in my current reality and embrace the opportunities we DO have to travel and camp, and not look too longingly on the opportunities we don't have.

So an example-- our SIL asked if we could do a family camping trip again. Which is actually a bit of a surprise since 1, he's only been camping one time in his entire life, and that was a few years ago with us; 2, he spent pretty much his entire week sitting at the base camp reading books; and 3, he's almost allergic to sunshine and heat. But all that aside, apparently he had a total blast at our last family campout and wants to do it again. So we've made a plan, gotten the reservations made, and looks like most of our kids are in except the ones long distance. The camping trip is in June and I'm excited to introduce them to Moraine View state recreational area. We get to teach our grandkids to fish, and that makes Grandpa very happy.

Charlene


Guilt over not fulltiming is not a bad thing, it is strictly personal. Let it go Charlene! It will always be there if it works to your favor. ❤️
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #74399
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by filethis2 View Post
Not confident enough on the mechanicals, the van likes to buck a bit, and stall when first driving. Plans are to do a tune up first before I really take off. Then might wander around Missouri a bit.
Fixed the heater just in time, low 30s last night.

Sounds like it belongs in Texas: Come On Down!


Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Tim, the polite one, saw the error but overlooked it out of respect for our Elder Mutant.

Yeah! Right!
Charlene,
As I know you know you don't have to FT to have fun. Right now we are on the road for a month and maybe even a little longer. Then it is back to the S&B. Then, some time after GD's HS Graduation (end of May) we are off again, son stays at house, and will return after the UP gathering so will probably be gone a total of 4-5 months. Earlene doesn't want to give up the S&B nor do I.

Keep the S&V and get out more often.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:21 PM   #74400
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Ok people Ray in back in icu keep the prayers and ohms coming.

Many Oohhhmmmmsss from this corner of AR !!!
__________________

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:48 PM   #74401
Senior Member
 
MartySQ's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Hey Guys, good morning!

Beautiful sunny day out today, not warm yet but snow has all melted and my grass in the back yard is green. Frankly I'm shocked at that, but hey, I'll take it.

Been thinking about full-timing and I realized something. At this point in my life, I don't think I'd like it. I say that because a combination of things draw me to Sticks n' Bricks. My garden; my gigantic kitchen; Room for grandkids to stay overnight. Now that doesn't mean a time won't come later in my life when FT might appeal. I'm just saying that right now, I do better with a home base. I definitely would like to travel more than we do, don't get me wrong. But I guess I'm saying that I need to stop having a bit of jealousy and "I wish" as I watch some of you guys who are FT. It was becoming a bit of a preoccupation for me, you know what I'm saying? I was doing the "if only we were full time" thoughts and conversations. And it occurred to me yesterday that I need to let that go. The whole "bloom where you're planted" thing, know what I mean? Live in my current reality and embrace the opportunities we DO have to travel and camp, and not look too longingly on the opportunities we don't have.

So an example-- our SIL asked if we could do a family camping trip again. Which is actually a bit of a surprise since 1, he's only been camping one time in his entire life, and that was a few years ago with us; 2, he spent pretty much his entire week sitting at the base camp reading books; and 3, he's almost allergic to sunshine and heat. But all that aside, apparently he had a total blast at our last family campout and wants to do it again. So we've made a plan, gotten the reservations made, and looks like most of our kids are in except the ones long distance. The camping trip is in June and I'm excited to introduce them to Moraine View state recreational area. We get to teach our grandkids to fish, and that makes Grandpa very happy.

Charlene
I am one who doesn't see that in my future. I can possibly part timing on warmer climates Jan.-Feb perhaps....but I too am pretty happy in my stick n bricks...and while I am sure I could find many ways to be happy full timing, I am pretty sure hubby wouldn't stand for it.
__________________
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute or a yellow Jeep Wrangler.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:30 PM   #74402
Senior Member
 
Papawto5's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,565
Healing ohms for Ray. Hope you're feeling better soon. Ohms for strength for Jan.
__________________
2018 Coleman T T
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #74403
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 5,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Ok people Ray in back in icu keep the prayers and ohms coming.
Ommms re-upped! Hang in there, Ray; folks here need you! Jan, warm hugs for you, knowing how stressful this time is for you.

Thanks for letting us know, Dwayne.
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 02:05 PM   #74404
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 5,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Hey Guys, good morning!
.....

Been thinking about full-timing and I realized something. At this point in my life, I don't think I'd like it. I say that because a combination of things draw me to Sticks n' Bricks. .....
.......
So an example-- our SIL asked if we could do a family camping trip again. Which is actually a bit of a surprise ....
...... But all that aside, apparently he had a total blast at our last family campout and wants to do it again. ..... I'm excited to introduce them to Moraine View state recreational area. .....
.......

Charlene
Reading backwards here, Moraine View is such a great place. You'll all have a grand time!

You never know what memories will take hold, do you? SIL obviously enjoyed his time in camp, even if you didn't see it at the time. Look what you started!

The FT lifestyle is great for some, not so appealing for others. Personally, I have roots that go too deep to want to go FT, although traveling is still appealing, as is avoiding the bulk of IL winter weather. A body does what is best for that individual. Rest easy, Charlene, and go guilt-free!

Hello to Allen. (Did I remember his name right?) Maybe we'll meet in MI.....
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:45 PM   #74405
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 5,725
So the Jello calendar has melted once again. We couldn't get in to Riverfront park in Yuma, & that's the only park we like the look of, so .... we have extended our stay south of Maricopa & west of Casa Grande till the 26th.

Here's a thought. Since we won't we won't be close enough for frequent visiting, hows about meeting at Dateland, roughly halfway? Aside from date shakes & so on, there are a number of interesting restaurants nearby for us to take over for a lunchtime blowout.

I know it's more than the usual mini-c drive, but carpooling will help. It's further for Quartzite folks like Barb, but maybe ....?

I'll send links to eateries to whoever might be interested, or can post them here. (One of them is a Basque place!)

Please let me know. I do hate not seeing y'all this winter, & MI is a long way off.

Cheers!
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:08 PM   #74406
Senior Member
 
Papawto5's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,565
Mary Ann and I ran into a couple from Cheboygan, MI this week. Their home is about 20 miles from Mill Creek Campground (FEUMGC site). They love Mill Creek Campground. It and a state park in St. Ignace (on north side of THE bridge) are their family's favorite campgrounds. With their knowledge of Michigan campgrounds in the northern lower peninsula and the UP near the bridge, they understood why I chose Mill Creek when faced with the need for 25 reserved sites. LOTS and lots to see and do in that neck of the woods.

Come on muties, call in your reservations.
__________________
2018 Coleman T T
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:58 PM   #74407
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 5,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Mary Ann and I ran into a couple from Cheboygan, MI this week. Their home is about 20 miles from Mill Creek Campground (FEUMGC site). They love Mill Creek Campground. It and a state park in St. Ignace (on north side of THE bridge) are their family's favorite campgrounds. With their knowledge of Michigan campgrounds in the northern lower peninsula and the UP near the bridge, they understood why I chose Mill Creek when faced with the need for 25 reserved sites. LOTS and lots to see and do in that neck of the woods.



Come on muties, call in your reservations.


I think i did already. Are you keeping a lust?
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:03 PM   #74408
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 9,941
It's going to be a great time
It's going to be a great great time
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:05 PM   #74409
Senior Member
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Mary Ann and I ran into a couple from Cheboygan, MI this week. Their home is about 20 miles from Mill Creek Campground (FEUMGC site). They love Mill Creek Campground. It and a state park in St. Ignace (on north side of THE bridge) are their family's favorite campgrounds. With their knowledge of Michigan campgrounds in the northern lower peninsula and the UP near the bridge, they understood why I chose Mill Creek when faced with the need for 25 reserved sites. LOTS and lots to see and do in that neck of the woods.



Come on muties, call in your reservations.


I have stayed in both... on the same trip, we went from Mill Creek across the bridge...... there are good and bad about both...

I have yet to find the perfect rv park... but it was fun looking for it.

I am not coming to see the campground, I am planning on coming with the intentions on being with some of the best friends that I know....
i really am not sure how long our rving will continue... we have only had it out 2x this past year.... kinda expensive stays in my mind, but Larry is wanting to try... life changes, it evolves, not necessarily where we want to go.... but I am still trying to enjoy this journey.


Extra OHMS fir Ray and Jan... Dwayne and Shara... please keep us informed.

Marty, for you and yours too.....

Tonight my prayers are gonna be long..... HUGS YA'LL
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2021 THOR Delano 24fb
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:34 PM   #74410
Senior Member
 
bokobird's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 3,595
Hey Tim, this is what you should be doing with chickens!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3468.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	414.3 KB
ID:	194892  
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift/'06 FLHX, '15 Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2, FMCA F476758
With Mac (28 yrs) and Boko (25 yrs) the birds...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (1 members and 3 guests)
PappaBull
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.