RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2018, 06:45 PM   #74439

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sue, guess what came in the mail today! Good article for some areas but here in AR the woods are so crowed with hunters that walking around ie stalking or slow walking around as in the article could get you shot!

My still hunting consist of enclosed deer stand complete with heater, thermos of coffee and assorted snacks! To show you how I really rough it I use an old office chair that over time leaks off and gets lower and lower and lower. Completely ruins my nap some days. Also I park a rediculous 30 yards away from the stairs to my stand! To quote Les Nessman, "Oh the Humanity".

In my early years of hunting, read that younger days, we often hunted in a slow stalking mode like the author described. As I was teaching my boys how to hunt they caught on to the fact that when I said lets just stop here and hunt a few minutes, I was actually just taking a rest break. They still refer to a rest break from hiking, fencing are any other strenuous activity as stopping and hunting a while. Dad do you want to hunt a while? Let's do!

Thanks for thinking of me!
That's like Allen's special sportsman code for fishing. It's actually defined as sitting in my comfy learn chair reading a book while the fish eat my worm.
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2018, 06:57 PM   #74440

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, oh, sorry, that's what I would name them for dinner each day
Fried, Broiled, Baked, Grilled, Salad, Smoked, Henrietta.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:10 PM   #74441

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
That's like Allen's special sportsman code for fishing. It's actually defined as sitting in my comfy learn chair reading a book while the fish eat my worm.
Yall have to come down to Lake Ouchita State Park and we can do some fishing. We run trotlines and catch plenty of catfish. So easy fishing in one of the top 5 clearest lakes in the nation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinthebus View Post
Fried, Broiled, Baked, Grilled, Salad, Smoked, Henrietta.
Im printing off these post and pinning them inside the nesting boxes to encourage the hens to lay more eggs!
Old 03-08-2018, 07:23 PM   #74442
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Pin my tutu picture and you'll scare the cr....er eggs right out of them chickens.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:45 PM   #74443

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Pin my tutu picture and you'll scare the cr....er eggs right out of them chickens.
I know how it scared me seeing it (you) walk down to the pavilion like that! I've been real regular ever since
Old 03-08-2018, 09:07 PM   #74444

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sue, guess what came in the mail today! Good article for some areas but here in AR the woods are so crowed with hunters that walking around ie stalking or slow walking around as in the article could get you shot!

My still hunting consist of enclosed deer stand complete with heater, thermos of coffee and assorted snacks! To show you how I really rough it I use an old office chair that over time leaks off and gets lower and lower and lower. Completely ruins my nap some days. Also I park a rediculous 30 yards away from the stairs to my stand! To quote Les Nessman, "Oh the Humanity".

In my early years of hunting, read that younger days, we often hunted in a slow stalking mode like the author described. As I was teaching my boys how to hunt they caught on to the fact that when I said lets just stop here and hunt a few minutes, I was actually just taking a rest break. They still refer to a rest break from hiking, fencing are any other strenuous activity as stopping and hunting a while. Dad do you want to hunt a while? Let's do!

Thanks for thinking of me!

So, the banter leading up to delivery was more useful than the article itself. Well it was worth it then!

For the rest of yez, I sent Tim an article about "still hunting" in IL during (what was it, Tim?) muzzle loading (?) season. I'd never heard of still hunting. Included with the story of one particular day's hunt is a pic of the author and his prize, a 12-point buck.

Yep, Tim really roughs it when he goes deer hunting. That earlier stand prolly fell over from the office chair leaking sideways & the weight of all them snacks! Perfectly balanced otherwise, no doubt.

Cheers, Tim! I'm gonna stop & hunt a while now.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:21 PM   #74445

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
So, the banter leading up to delivery was more useful than the article itself. Well it was worth it then!

For the rest of yez, I sent Tim an article about "still hunting" in IL during (what was it, Tim?) muzzle loading (?) season. I'd never heard of still hunting. Included with the story of one particular day's hunt is a pic of the author and his prize, a 12-point buck.

Yep, Tim really roughs it when he goes deer hunting. That earlier stand prolly fell over from the office chair leaking sideways & the weight of all them snacks! Perfectly balanced otherwise, no doubt.

Cheers, Tim! I'm gonna stop & hunt a while now.
Since there are so many new mutants on here I might need to defend my deer stand building ability. The deer stand that so many refer to as falling down was aided by a nearby tornado! It has been replaced by a ultra modern new stand but can't say it's tornado proof!

I'm with you Sue, this looks like a good place, let's stop and hunt awhile.

Ive got to get up with the chickens!
Old 03-09-2018, 06:21 AM   #74446

Fleetwood Owners Club
When I first got our 5er and started to travel I found IRV2 along with other RV sites and found most sites informative, entertaining and some friendly. IRV2 by far has been tops in all areas. Certainly I've meet friends for life here and people that take me as I am, crazy or not.

Well folks I've found a site that is full, running over full, of crazy folks like me. Oh, and Most of them are females! Yep before becoming a big Chicken Mogul I did a little homework and ran across a Facebook group for Chicken keepers! Now if there is anything that Wayne and I have in common, other than strikingly good looks, is the dislike of Facebook. I posted pictures of our first eggs on that site last night and this morning had 560+ likes and page after page of comments. Of course I used the picture of Mary holding the eggs, curious if I'd have got same results had it been a picture of me?

May post again when Richards and my Olympic Speed Skating suites come in and both of us holding eggs! That should generate some responce!

Oh, and Good Morning Mutants!
Old 03-09-2018, 07:14 AM   #74447

Tim. You never accepted my friend request on fb, so i cant see your posts......
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:17 AM   #74448
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Carl, I find it interesting that you enjoy dining on Mac and Boko's relatives with such delight. I wonder what Dr Freud would have said about that?
Freud would’ve said, “Pass the chicken.” 🤣
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:41 AM   #74449

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Tim. You never accepted my friend request on fb, so i cant see your posts......
Well, at least I don't feel so bad anymore, I sent one to Mary long back and still never accepted. Guess you have to be on a certain list...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:46 AM   #74450
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim,
I sent you a friend request and it bounced back with the words, "No way!"

Must have been a bad connection.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:47 AM   #74451

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Well, at least I don't feel so bad anymore, I sent one to Mary long back and still never accepted. Guess you have to be on a certain list...

Mary accepted my friend request long back, and right away. I’m on the lust!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:04 AM   #74452

Fleetwood Owners Club
This is why I don't like FB. We have friended only a hand full of people. Mostly to get pics of our GK. Some others have appeared, and I finally discovered how, by my hitting accept as flipping through screen. Even with this limited number of friends I get comments from people I am not friends with and don't need my info. As we get more knowledgeable of the workings of FB we may loosen up some but don't take it personal, that's not our intent. I thought it automatically showed up on the RVM plus page since I'm friended with it???