RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #74817

The San Antonio River Walk was much more than we expected!
The last pic is a reminder that Tim and Mary’s DGDs horse deserves to get a peddie with ME!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0184.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	439.9 KB
ID:	196506

Name:	IMG_0187.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	635.1 KB
ID:	196508

Name:	IMG_0196.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	555.4 KB
ID:	196509

Name:	IMG_0193.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	487.6 KB
ID:	196510Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0203.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	593.7 KB
ID:	196511

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2018, 07:00 PM   #74818

Update: Remember, you asked for it Carl:

Lots of house chores here. Y'all don't want to hear about that...

However, biggest event in any RV family was our initial camping trip this year.

Hardly worth mentioning, so I will elaborate & embellish some:

GD spent first part of spring break at her boyfriends to meet his family a couple hours away. We spent one whole night nearby them at Crowley's Ridge State Park.

Ya gotta realize she had some "Friends" that happened to be "Boys", however she made it very clear they weren't "BoyFriends".

It probably was getting serious to meet his family! Probably didn't last after our visit ----

Seems we met for lunch to pick her up to return back to Malvern (Harp). Simple? - NO - They just kept arriving to "Grill" us about our pedigree. There were seven of them!

After sizing them up, they were exceptionally nice and friendly. I didn't drop the "Queen Ann" card, so we wouldn't seem aloof.

I am waiting to see if they will accept us just as we are... GD may never invite us to meet any other prospects..

Hope Y'all have some more interesting locations & stories... We have continued to live vicariously through your posts...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:05 PM   #74819
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
The San Antonio River Walk was much more than we expected!
The last pic is a reminder that Tim and Mary’s DGDs horse deserves to get a peddie with ME!

Attachment 196506
We really like SA. Lots to do and see there. I hope you were able to tour "The Missions." The Alao is one of them,
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:06 PM   #74820
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We are in Pensacola until Sunday, then on to Gulport, then home.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:58 PM   #74821

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Update: Remember, you asked for it Carl:

Lots of house chores here. Y'all don't want to hear about that...

However, biggest event in any RV family was our initial camping trip this year.

Hardly worth mentioning, so I will elaborate & embellish some:

GD spent first part of spring break at her boyfriends to meet his family a couple hours away. We spent one whole night nearby them at Crowley's Ridge State Park.

Ya gotta realize she had some "Friends" that happened to be "Boys", however she made it very clear they weren't "BoyFriends".

It probably was getting serious to meet his family! Probably didn't last after our visit ----

Seems we met for lunch to pick her up to return back to Malvern (Harp). Simple? - NO - They just kept arriving to "Grill" us about our pedigree. There were seven of them!

After sizing them up, they were exceptionally nice and friendly. I didn't drop the "Queen Ann" card, so we wouldn't seem aloof.

I am waiting to see if they will accept us just as we are... GD may never invite us to meet any other prospects..

Hope Y'all have some more interesting locations & stories... We have continued to live vicariously through your posts...
Thanks Richard, believe me, my day is pretty dull, gave birdies a nice shower, let them sit outside in the screen house all afternoon. Mac chewed down a piece of rawhide from 3' to around a foot and a 1/2. He chomps a 1/4 inch off at a time, gnaws it in his mouth/beak for a while, spits it out and repeats...

Oh, then I got to go out and fill up the gas tank! Oh Yeah!
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:16 PM   #74822

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Why don't all mutants give us an update on where they're at and/or what they're up to??? It's been a while!!!

We are celebrating that Larry has made a year.... He is adjusting to teeth, and seems to be back into stuff.... we spent the last 2 months with house repairs that were supposed to be 5 day jobs.

Need to get the RV out and do some more trial runs... hoping and planning on trip BACK to Tampa to visit grands... yes we really are.... now we know the how tos.... doctor, FMCA, etc...

We are also planning on going to Michigan.... and are looking into places to stay on the way up....

Anyone going to amble up slowly that has an itinerary...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:53 PM   #74823

RVM 39 checking in ...

Marcia and I will be here in Yuma till April 7th before starting a slow roll east towards Galveston and then north to South Dakota for a short stay before ambling into Michigan. We also have a side trip planned to Palm Springs before we leave here ... We are staying busy.
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:57 PM   #74824

Vintage RV Owners Club
I'm sitting at home... Critter care is about to go into higher gear for a couple weeks, then I am heading back to Miami with my sister for a week of surgery and recouping then back home for more recouperation. I already thought about trying to go out camping for the weekend, but here I am home still....Bob is heading back to Italy on Sunday for a week. That's all I got!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:22 AM   #74825

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spent morning at Camping World, they are having an EVENT. Two of us there, so we got to ask lots of questions. Most were answered. Spent afternoon at Home Depot trying to find a new faucet for kitchen sink. Bought 2, returned 2, lost patience, will try another day.
Picked up some merchandising jobs, 9 Kroger stores, that took me up to 10pm.
Heading to Texas/ Loisiana border to camp for the weekend with my son, DIL, and GD. First time in a campground. Don't know which one yet, my son is planning it.
RVM #170 Ready to start the next adventure of my life. I am a merchandiser and a personal organizer, hence the filethis2.
filethis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:44 AM   #74826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
We are celebrating that Larry has made a year.... He is adjusting to teeth, and seems to be back into stuff.... we spent the last 2 months with house repairs that were supposed to be 5 day jobs.

Need to get the RV out and do some more trial runs... hoping and planning on trip BACK to Tampa to visit grands... yes we really are.... now we know the how tos.... doctor, FMCA, etc...

We are also planning on going to Michigan.... and are looking into places to stay on the way up....

Anyone going to amble up slowly that has an itinerary...
We're right on your flight path to MI. Stop on by! We haven't carved out plans for that northward amble, nor even a preamble, so "flexible" is the operative word here.

And congrats on that 1-year anniversary! What a journey that has been!
Old 03-24-2018, 02:02 AM   #74827

We are still hangin out west of Casa Grande doing a whole lot of nuthin much until Monday, when we mosey on over to Tucson. In the meantime: A bit of work on a TV gone kaput, some walking in the desert, some planter gardening. Oh, and a visit to ER, but all seems to be returning to normal on its own.

We visited the nearby Dwarf Car Museum recently. There is a website to Google. It's fascinating, believe it or not. Handbuilt, street legal, 11/16ths scale replicas of known cars. It's more like visiting a workshop & chatting with the builders. I think I already posted pics from there.

That's pretty much us for now. Cheers!
Old 03-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #74828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Found in the desert recently:

Attachment 196421

And for lunch today, a matching pair of sashimi salads at Say Sushi:

Attachment 196420

Cheers!

Nice pics!
The sashimi is TOTALLY decadent

Old 03-24-2018, 06:58 PM   #74829

R U an RV Mutant too?

We have an “auto defrost” refer. Well, dense humidity has not seen our RV since last year.
Tomorrow, we must defrost.
Defrost!
How horrid.
It’ll be done before we leave on our outing! Seguin TX awaits.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:43 PM   #74830
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Really, and!
Picky picky!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
We have an “auto defrost” refer. Well, dense humidity has not seen our RV since last year.
Tomorrow, we must defrost.
Defrost!
How horrid.
It’ll be done before we leave on our outing! Seguin TX awaits.
Oh, short ride day, eh? So when will you be in Gulfport/Biloxi area. If we were home we would flag you down on I-10 in Houston.

Now, if'n I wanted to avoid Houston I'd take Hwy 36 out of Sealy, pick up 159 over to hwy 6 then to Hwy 105 in Navasota. Somewhere around Conroe I'd park it for the night, then contionue on 105 over to Beaumont and I-10 again.

Just sayin'

However, I personally don't mind driving through Houston, just do it berween 0900 and 1100, or 1300 through 1500 to miss the work flow traffic.