RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2018, 09:14 PM   #75195

Vintage RV Owners Club
Owww..Tim....glad you weren't injured. I always tap my brake 3 times before I slow down to give those folks careening along behind me a heads up...then turn my blinker on and break longer 3-4 times before my turn off as we live on a major snow route and 'get the heck out of town quick' route.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2018, 09:17 PM   #75196

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
You always hear your more app to have an accident closer to home. Today turning into our road we were rear ended hard. The Tahoe suprisingly was not damaged as bad as I thought, seems the car that hit us went under us crumpling His car back to windshield. We're ok, sore but ok.

On a brighter note my deer camp camper that had the tree fall on it sold today. Advertised as a fixer upper I had three people come out tonight to look at it, first one had the cash! Now I've got to go shopping!
Wow, sorry to hear that Tim. Hope you and Mary get checked out thoroughly, rear-end accidents can cause issues later on. Were you able to drive away? Tahoe is big, so I can imagine they took the brunt of it all. Bummer.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:43 PM   #75197
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
We've been to Hacienda and, further down the street, Siesta. H. is fancier than we need, & Siesta suits us better (partly cuz it saves money for more important things &#128526.

Dang! We shoulda stopped & brought youse a ristra! Nvr mnd ... I'll grow you some this summer.

We've landed up in Mountain View park on the east side of Van Horn, where we stopped in Feb. It lives up to its name, so w/ any luck we'll get to see the magic 10 (ir is it 15?) minutes on the eastern mtns. as the sunset turns them pink.

Hmm, the 13th, eh? It could be our lucky day! Mini-c, yay! Considering Marquee on the Bay again, or maybe the SP on Galveston Isl.
Galveston Bay RV park is the one adjacent to Marquee. Spaces are wider. Both or great places. I need to see if they have a "meeting" room for maybe a GC someday.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:47 PM   #75198

Is that the one closest to you Wayne ? We start rolling your way next Monday.
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:10 PM   #75199

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Sue...well, we have had 2 spring like days in succession but I don't hold my breath...lol but yah, it's getting there with a few fickle days here n there.
Is there any truth to the rumor that you can throw lettuce and spinach seed on the snow & expect germination? Have u tried it?

We're still eating fresh out of the planters ... Swiss chard, beet greens, radishes, onion & garlic tops. The carrots Jackie Hrezo gave us are growing great guns & need thinning. She also shared her tomato seeds, but only one of those seedlings survived. I've replanted.

I do better lately at container gardening than on open ground. 🙄 Are you itching to get started or already digging?
Old 04-11-2018, 11:41 PM   #75200

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Is there any truth to the rumor that you can throw lettuce and spinach seed on the snow & expect germination? Have u tried it?

We're still eating fresh out of the planters ... Swiss chard, beet greens, radishes, onion & garlic tops. The carrots Jackie Hrezo gave us are growing great guns & need thinning. She also shared her tomato seeds, but only one of those seedlings survived. I've replanted.

I do better lately at container gardening than on open ground. 🙄 Are you itching to get started or already digging?
Well...it ought to work in theory, since lettuce needs a spell in the freezer before ya plant the seeds to be able to germinate...but I think hungry birds would gobble them up. I've never tried it, but I've had leaf lettuce self seed and make nice lettuce the next year...
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:37 AM   #75201

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
You always hear your more app to have an accident closer to home. Today turning into our road we were rear ended hard. The Tahoe suprisingly was not damaged as bad as I thought, seems the car that hit us went under us crumpling His car back to windshield. We're ok, sore but ok.

On a brighter note my deer camp camper that had the tree fall on it sold today. Advertised as a fixer upper I had three people come out tonight to look at it, first one had the cash! Now I've got to go shopping!

Thatís terrible, Tim!
Your Tahoe is a tough and sturdy machine, hope she gets repaired properly!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:47 AM   #75202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyephoto View Post
First outing of the year tomorrow, Arrow Rock SP, MO. Ellen at the wheel. I'm riding shotgun. Doc calling tomorrow.

Jon, nuthin but best wishes for a fine outing. Rainbow Riding is what Mutants do!

Old 04-12-2018, 06:49 AM   #75203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Instead of breakfast, here is dinner.... half are 4 cheese, half are sausage and ricotta. Mine will be with a brown butter garlic sauce. Not cooked yet..

Attachment 198615

Oh....you....Tantalizer!

Old 04-12-2018, 07:42 AM   #75204

Quote:
Dave wanted pics & got some spectacular ones. Bacon, even! No bacon here today & no pics of boiled eggs & toast.

I will, however, throw in my more modest travel pics.

Attachment 198286
(There is a closeup, if anyone asks.)

We are parked in Lordsburg and drove the car up to Silver City yesterday, about 40 miles, over the continental divide at 6355'. RV parks are there, but we didn't check them out.

The town is very proud of its murals, and they are everywhere, in various styles and materials. The one above is in the little plaza downtown.

Attachment 198287

Attachment 198288

There is a thriving art community in town, so there are galleries all over. This one is across from Vickie's Eatery where we had lunch.

Attachment 198289

Along The Big Ditch spring has sprung where shelter & abundant water encourage it.

Attachment 198290

A long mosaic mural is being installed & landscaped along the upper walk. This one tells the story of the flood that created The Big Ditch. I won't put in the whole thing, but here's a taster.

Attachment 198291

Attachment 198292

Sue out.

Well, Sue, great pics of all kinds are appreciated! Thanks

Old 04-12-2018, 07:57 AM   #75205
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Is that the one closest to you Wayne ? We start rolling your way next Monday.
Yes, both Marquee and Galveston Bay RV park are 8 miles from us.

Sandpiper RV park in Galveston is 17 miles. Stella Mare is 18 miles. Galveston State Park (no sewer) is 24 miles.

Green Caye RV Park is 11 miles. No amenities and sites are close together, but $20 cheaper then the others.

There are many more in the area. Some good, some I wouldn't stay in.

We need to do another ride-around as some of the older parks have been renovated and may be worth staying at.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #75206

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Okay another question. We know we need to replace, or at least recover, the sofa and dinette cushions. The foam itself is in surprisingly good shape for its age, not crumbling at all. There's no batting around the foam but it's good high density and still firm.

I do sew and could make new covers. But it may be cheaper to buy high quality indoor/outdoor patio furniture cushions than it would be to buy the fabric.

The foam we have is 4", we can get up to 5" in the patio furniture cushions. Assuming we can get ones that fit, of course. But they make cushions for outdoor loveseats that look like they may do just what we need.

Has anyone re-covered, or re-cushioned their jacknife sofa?

Charlene
following up on my question about recovering the jackknife sofa.

So last night we went to Pier 1 Imports, and looked back there at the cushions. 60 bucks a cushion! So then we went to Walmart, and the prices were better, but the foam wasn't high density.

So then last night after shopping, I decided to check Amazon for slipcovers. I could work on sewing new cushion covers and take my time with it and do a good job, as long as there is a slipcover over the sofa as I'm in the process of replacing the covers. Under the slipcover you wouldn't know that all the cushions didn't match!

The slipcover should be here on Saturday, and when I get it on I'll take a picture.

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:03 AM   #75207

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Well, Sue, great pics of all kinds are appreciated! Thanks
I'll see if I can find some great ones, then, eh? 😉

Have you thoroughly spoiled Hayden yet or is it Nola's shift?
Old 04-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #75208

Quote:
I'll see if I can find some great ones, then, eh?

Have you thoroughly spoiled Hayden yet or is it Nola's shift?

Meg and Bug come out to us in a while.
We went to the Fun N Sun Air Show yesterday!